• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I have heard that the world is doing what they want and not what God wants and trying to take God out. So I heard that means that God is backing away or the holy spirit is lifting. If that is true the world will get worse and worse. Then why is God here now, if nobody wants him here, why is her here. If holy spirit is lifting and God is backing away and leaving. Where does that leave us. Maybe you guys can explain it to me better.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

because I want him here and as long as one of us is here.....  I think he will be here even if the rest of the whole world goes to hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God certainly seems to leave the places where he is not wanted. He often removes his spirit of protection from societies that do not want to worship him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

God certainly seems to leave the places where he is not wanted. He often removes his spirit of protection from societies that do not want to worship him.

Will that continue, If so then he'll leave. What will happen to us.

Will that continue, If so then he'll leave.What will happen to us.

He doesn't leave altogether and he does not desert his children, but you may find that things will become more difficult for you and you may feel as if you have been abandoned. Have faith because God does not abandon his own and anything you lose in this life, you will be greatly recompensed for in the next.

because I want him here and as long as one of us is here.....  I think he will be here even if the rest of the whole world goes to hell.

He never forsakes completely.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Genesis 18:22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, while Abraham was still standing before the Lord. 23 Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it? 25 Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” 26 So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.” 27 And Abraham replied, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes. 28 Suppose the fifty righteous are lacking five, will You destroy the whole city because of five?” And He said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” 29 He spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose forty are found there?” And He said, “I will not do it on account of the forty.” 30 Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak; suppose thirty are found there?” And He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.” 31 And he said, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord; suppose twenty are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the twenty.” 32 Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”

So, had there been 10 righteous people in the city of Sodom, God would not have destroyed the city for the sake of the 10. As it turned out, only Lot and his small family were found to be righteous. Not 10 people, so Lot asked God to preserve a city that he wanted to go live in. God agreed to preserve a small city nearby. So, God led Lot and his family out of Sodom, to preserve them.

In the NT, God promised He would not leave us or forsake us.

2 Cor 4:6 For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

Even in difficulties, God is always with us, making sure whatever we go thru, we are not crushed, destroyed, despairing. And if and when He must judge and destroy, He will lead us out to safety. (That is what the rapture will be about).  As long as there are born again believers in Jesus on earth, the Holy Spirit is there with them

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I have heard that the world is doing what they want and not what God wants and trying to take God out. So I heard that means that God is backing away or the holy spirit is lifting. If that is true the world will get worse and worse. Then why is God here now, if nobody wants him here, why is her here. If holy spirit is lifting and God is backing away and leaving. Where does that leave us. Maybe you guys can explain it to me better.

No, that is not happening.  Things will get worse, but that is in accordance with Biblical prophecy, so as things moves along, the Bible actually says to look up because our redemption

is getting closer. (Luke 21:28)

The fall of Jerusalem appears to be foretold in this chapter as well (AD70) but other verses seem to include more then that single event.

At any rate, the Holy Spirit has not left and that teaching you speak of would not be correct if that is, in fact, what is being taught

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I havent heard of God backing off or his spirit lifting but if that happens its only because he is not welcomed there. See God is a gentlemen he could easily fill every place and person with his spirit and could force us to love him, but no he waits for permission and then enters. He never would fully leave or else death would be happening to everyone within five minutes.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God is absent in this world and that's not because He wants to be but humans chose to be apart from Him when Adam and Eve sinned.

Just look at this world how mankind thinks it doesn't need God and that's why there is suffering, moral decay, and misery this is a planet without God.

But he comes into the lives of those who recieve Him and he will allow this world to get worse and allow the Devil to rule over it till His return when He fixes everything we have ruin.

But He is by no means abandoning those who receive Him.