Guest Bethany

"Faith isn't about finding answers"

Blessings Bethany..

God Bless you this day & Praise the Lord!!! Thank you for sharing that wonderful thought for the day & always.......it is all about trusting God & not having to get all the answers to our every question,,,,,we live in a world of uncertainty,,,,the only certainty I know is that my God is the Great I Am& in Him I can trust ....................Jesus is my Lord & Savior,He died & was risen on the 3rd day,that I am sure of!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

The Greek word to believe is also translated to trust in and rely upon, to cling to and adhere to, in the Amplified Version. It depends on the use. In the same way the Greek word for to know can mean head knowledge or can mean intimate experiential knowledge. Salvation means both trusting in and relying upon Christ and knowing Him in an intimate experiential way. He lives in us and we rely upon Him daily.

By sharing with each other we come to a more complete understanding of scriptures. Pricilla and Acquilla helped Apollos to understand the way of God more accurately in Acts 18:26. We do learn from each other.

I have learned so much more about God's grace through the scriptures I have studied to find answers for others on this site. And I have been confirmed in the belief that He keeps and establishes those who were given to Him from the beginning; that Jesus died once of all sin, but that the first repentance is turning from a life of sin to Christ for forgiveness and to receive a new life in Him.

So by studying the replies of others as well as studying the scriptures to answer others, my beliefs have also been refined to better understand all Christ has done for us. This has enriched my life so much.

Lol. I always remember the adage: "Those who think they know it all upset those of us who do."

It is very "tongue in cheek" and causes me to stop and check my attitudes and ask myself if my pride is showing, or am I teachable. God has sent many of you to me as examples as well as to keep me in check. But I probably learn the most when I fall the hardest, like once when I offended a few in the chat room and they asked to change the subject. Was my memory of scripture ever so wrong! Thank you for that gentle rebuff. My face is still red when I think of it. God does His best to keep me humble.

So I thank you all for sharpening me, teaching me by example, and most of all for the love you've shown me. I have grown very fond of this fellowship.

Blessings,

Willa

Guest Bethany

So I thank you all for sharpening me, teaching me by example, and most of all for the love you've shown me. I have grown very fond of this fellowship.

:) Yes! Proverbs 27:17. 

On 6/17/2014 at 8:33 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Bethany..

God Bless you this day & Praise the Lord!!! Thank you for sharing that wonderful thought for the day & always.......it is all about trusting God & not having to get all the answers to our every question,,,,,we live in a world of uncertainty,,,,the only certainty I know is that my God is the Great I Am& in Him I can trust ....................Jesus is my Lord & Savior,He died & was risen on the 3rd day,that I am sure of!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

:emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat:

Blessings Bethany..

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Bethany..

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Bethany..

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Whoa! How do you delete duplicate posts?!  LOL! My browser got stuck and I finally closed it out... but now I discovered my browser was posting away on my behalf, lol :P

:24:  Hey Sis,,,,,& I thought you just REALLY liked my post,A LOT!!!!              Just kidding,not to worry,it happens                Love you,Kwik

• Similar Content

• By 4LdKHVCzRDj2
      Do not be deceived, there are only two possible states: Belief or Unbelief.
      "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." - Romans 10:4

The Scriptures are clear of the existence of these two states, and depending on what people are believing in it will be reflected in their lives.
      "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:16
      One cannot believe in the truth and do works from deceit, for example.
      "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe - and tremble!" - James 2:19
      "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

There is only one source of absolute truth: God (The Father, The Word, and The Holy Spirit).
      "For there are three that bear witness in heaven:
          the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7
      If people believe in the truth, they will naturally produce fruits from the truth.
      "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
          unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." - John 15:4
      If you are questioning: "You said Word, where is the Son Jesus Christ?!"
      "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory,
          the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." - John 1:14

There are only two types of fruits: Bad or Good.
      Also there is another type of fruit, the one that appears beautiful outwardly, but inside is full of death, deceit, and all uncleanness.
      "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed
          appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness." - Matthew 23:27
      People in this group includes those who say "Lord, Lord", profess faith in Him but does not care in doing what is pleasing in His sight: To believe and to practice the truth.
      "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17
      "For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." - John 1:17
      Such people are living in deceit, as they do not submit themselves to the Lord.
      And prefer to believe in the lie: Walk in darkness, practice willful sins and justify themselves instead of repenting and to seek a holier life and truly walk in love and truth.
      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." - Galatians 5:16
      These are the fruits of unbelief, as they do not believe the Lord can sanctify them, and prefer to live as they please.
      "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
      When the Word of God clearly states that such is possible for those who believe in The Son:
      "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:32
      "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin...
          ...Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:34+36

Another common thing that is discussed is when someone who once professed faith in Christ but now lives in sin.
      They are in unbelief, and this is a fact. If they were founded in Him they would not fall in such state.
      "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
      and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock." - Matthew 7:24-25
      The Lord commanded us to watch and pray...
      "And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!" - Mark 13:37
      "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation..." - Mark 14:38
      If we fall, He is there to take us back... If we believe.
      "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9

Another common thing that is discussed is when someone simply says: "I will put an end to my life".
      To commit suicide is not an idea that is coming from the Spirit of God... And those who believe in Him would never do such a thing.
      "This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you,
          that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." - 1 John 1:5
      But what indeed happened and the reasons: by accident, murder or by willful rebellion against the truth.
      "For He shall give His angels charge over you,
          To keep you in all your ways." - Psalm 91:11
      It is not up to me to judge... But if it was willful rebellion against truth then it means the person died an unbeliever.
      "Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
          But the Lord delivers him out of them all." - Psalm 34:19
      "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21
      "...Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life." - Revelation 2:10

And another common thing that is discussed is when someone claims to believe in Him, but lives in rebellion against Him.
      No one who believes in Him, in truth, sincerely... Will seek to practice evil.
      If they do, they repent, and sincerely seek not to next time. If they can...
      "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask,
          and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death..." - 1 John 5:16
      "...There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that." - 1 John 5:16
      "All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." - 1 John 5:17
      Do not seek to practice evil, and flee from it... This pattern is one of obedience to the truth.
      When the person says: "I will just sin and do whatever I want... I am sinner and cannot stop sinning!"
      This clearly is willful rebellion against the truth, pride of their sinfulness is preventing them to receive the words from The Truth.
      "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:32
      "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin...
          ...Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:34+36
      This is one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus said why it will be so hard for "the rich" to enter heaven.
      "...How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!" - Mark 10:23
      "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:3
      "for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,
          but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." - Romans 14:17
      Because it is too hard for them to accept, believe and consequently be obedient to the truth.
      "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." - John 15:14
      Unless they stop justifying themselves and repent indeed instead of insisting in their evil ways, they will all perish.
      "Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God..." - Hebrews 3:12
      "For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth." - 2 Corinthians 13:8
      "...unless you repent you will all likewise perish." - Luke 13:5

And to die in unbelief is never a good option...
      The elect, the true believer will keep believing in God till the end; and consequently through all eternity.
      But there are three types of believers:
          Those who believe in the truth, and consequently practice it.
              "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
                  we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of
                      Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7
          Those who say they believe in the truth, but do not want to practice the truth.
              "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness,
                  we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6
              "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God;
                  because many false prophets have gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1
          Those who openly believe in the lie.
              "Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
                  Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”" - 1 Peter 4:18

What kind of believer you are is up to you to choose. And we all know that walking in unbelief or deceit is never a good option.
      "Thus says the Lord:
          Cursed is the man who trusts in man
              And makes flesh his strength,
                  Whose heart departs from the Lord." - Jeremiah 17:5

And the Lord desires that we believe in Him, His Words, and consequently do them.
      "...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9
      "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
          and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there
              is no variation or shadow of turning." - James 1:17
      Or do we think we have something better to do?!
      "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord,
          choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...
              ...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:15
      As the Lord Jesus said:
      "...Take heed that no one deceives you." - Matthew 24:4
      Yes, and this includes ourselves; our evil flesh that is full of deceit and all uncleanness.

God bless you all in Jesus' name! Amen.
    • By cbear87
      Hello, everyone! 
      I am new to this forum and just seeking help in a certain area of my life. It's been a trying year, and
      1) I guess I am struggling in general with when I ask G*d for guidance/clarity/next steps to be made clear and I don't feel like I get an answer 
      2) I got majorly scammed by someone I had hired and I have been seeking an answer from G*d as to how I should handle the situation. It has been very frustrating because I feel like I have not gotten an answer from G*d (this happened about 1.5 months ago, and it is somewhat time-sensitive due to bank guidelines and so forth).  (details- I basically signed up a business coaching program with this "scammer" person who had been recommended to me by someone I trusted-- the program was WAY overpriced with little substance, not to mention the scammer blew off our calls and removed my access to things I had paid for, that were included with the coaching program.)
      So far, I have asked for a refund from the scammer (they said no) but I have not officially hired a lawyer or taken other action against them. I am basically out A LOT of money (over $10k that I did not have to begin with, and I am now in quite a bit of debt.) I originally hired this person to help me grow my small business in property management. 
      anyway, would love some advice!

• By Eslyn
      Hi I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior over a year now. But struggled with my faith, I don't want my faith to be based on feelings which only last for a moment. I am right now on the worship team in my church I attend. 
      I am longing to do the will of my Heavenly Father Jehovah and to follow Jesus Christ as my Lord. I want to have that intimate relationship with him and never leave his presence. But now I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me. To my face they encourage me, but when I am away from them, they keep saying this things and saying that i can never change and that i went to far from God. Since more than one person keeps saying it is too late for me, is that a confirmation? Wat would one do in my place? Would God reject me? 
    • By Manonfire63
      Was Johnny Cash Prophetic?  Johnny Cash originally wanted to sing Gospel Music. He received a degree in divinity. He has some songs that play on spiritual themes.  God is reason. One of the first steps I took down that journey was working to understand the lyrics of "When the Man Comes Around." This is a Bible Study. I won't completely break down the song, but I will show you some interesting things I have found.
      Johnny Cash “The_Man_Comes Around”
      And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder:
      One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see."
      And I saw.
      And behold, a white horse.
      There's a man goin' 'round takin' names.
      An' he decides who to free and who to blame.
      Everybody won't be treated all the same.
      There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
      When the man comes around.
      The hairs on your arm will stand up.
      At the terror in each sip and in each sup.
      Will you partake of that last offered cup,
      Or disappear into the potter's ground.
      Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
      One hundred million angels singin'.
      Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum.
      Voices callin', voices cryin'.
      Some are born an' some are dyin'.
      It's Alpha and Omega's Kingdom come.
      And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
      The virgins are all trimming their wicks.
      The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
      It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
      Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom.
      Then the father hen will call his chickens home.
      The wise men will bow down before the throne.
      And at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns.
      Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still.
      Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still.
      Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still.
      Listen to the words long written down,
      Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
      One hundred million angels singin'.
      Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum.
      Voices callin', voices cryin'.
      Some are born an' some are dyin'.
      It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.
      And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
      The virgins are all trimming their wicks.
      The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
      It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
      In measured hundredweight and penny pound.
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
      And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
      And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
      And Hell followed with him.
      What is a White Horse? A White Horse would be a conqueror. I saw that White Horse could be taken to be Male Thumos. Articles:

"Got Thumos?"  The Art of Manliness

"Thumos in The BIble"  Paul Coughlin

God has a righteous Anger. It burns. Someone full of God's Spirit may be able to feel his anger. A White Horse is a conqueror. When you were a child, and in school, did you ever see a boy who had to be first at everything? That is Thumos. He wants to win and be first. Your body is a temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Someone with God's Spirit learns to tune his thumos through trials. (James 1:2-4) The little boy that had to be first at everything learns patience and how to compete and play well with others. He reigns in his Thumos and learns how to apply it well with God.
      Is someone a Dark Horse Katy Perry or more of a White Horse like King David, Jesus Christ, or Apostle Paul?
      Who is The Man? The Man Coming Around would be Jesus? Jesus Christ is the Man. (1 Timothy 2:5) Jesus is in heaven. How could Jesus be on the Earth walking around? Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Could The Man be a Prophetic character who serves Jesus Christ; a Bond Servant of Christ?
      Or disappear into the potter's ground. "Or disappear into the potter's ground" is a really savage lyric. Judas hung himself in the Potter's Ground after betraying Jesus Christ. Given The Man Comes Around, some people who have been working against Jesus Christ and God's Kingdom may recognize their betrayal and wish to kill themselves?
      It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks. Mankind is like God's Vineyard. There are a lot of allegories or Metaphors in the Bible for farming. In Luke 20:9-19, Mankind is like God's Vineyard.
      The part of the plow, the part that touches the ground and turns up earth, is the pricks or the goad. A farmer plows often in straight lines. It is hard to kick against the pricks. Jesus Christ is a farmer. During his ministry on Earth, he was sowing seeds. He planted seeds and it took some time for them to grow and mature. Someone working against Jesus Christ would be trying to kick against the pricks? Saul on his way to Damascus is confronted by Christ. "'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'" (Acts 26:14)
      That is what I have for now. I found breaking down the song, and working to understand the lyrics to be a fun Bible Study. It also helped bring me closer to God and mature in understanding of God and Spiritual things.
    • By Eslyn
      What is your take on it is never too late for anyone who is alive? Does this include people who have been baptized as well?