• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all natiions that fought against jerusalem their flesh will rot while they are standing on their feet their eyes will rot in their sockets and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

I have seen this specific scripture twice today one from a pastor while I watched his sermon and the other from a youtube buddy. now 100 years ago we might not have understood how this scripture could happen but oday this sounds a lot  like what happens when you get nuked doesnt it? The radiation will do exactly that.

This never happens to me I never see scripture show up twice in one day but if I see scripture once its no big deal i see the same scripture twice in one hour like today i feel I should pay attention plus I did have a dream of being nuked a while back

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

The KJV that I use says this:

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Other versions change this "consume away"

Consume away

Strongs 4529

Original Word: מָסָה ... Word Origin a prime root.

Definition to melt, dissolve, be liquefied.  A primitive root; to dissolve -- make to consume away, (make to) melt, water.

I think this sounds closer to what it means because of the underlined phrase.

If there were a nuclear bomb or any type of extreme heat/fire there would be immediate melting I think that it takes time to rot/decay so for me that does not sound like the right word.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

i heard it said that a neutron bomb would do this - consume away

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It depends on who the plague comes from. If it is from God, it is not a nuke. If it is man-made it could be. In the Zechariah case we are told that it affects animals too.

Apart from a nuke, another possibility is some sort of advanced chemical warfare which could have the same effect. It doesn't even have to come from the opposite side. It may even come from those attacking Israel. They could fall victim to their own weapons.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fire-heart!

So,may I ask.....why would you suppose this particular scenario would be so important for you ?I tell you,if that is my death(nuke)then I do believe it would be one I would prefer to a lot of long, drawn out, pain & suffering ,I don't believe it sounds like one would even know what hit them,just be obliterated!Not a pretty picture but a quick exit!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Blessings fire-heart!

So,may I ask.....why would you suppose this particular scenario would be so important for you ?I tell you,if that is my death(nuke)then I do believe it would be one I would prefer to a lot of long, drawn out, pain & suffering ,I don't believe it sounds like one would even know what hit them,just be obliterated!Not a pretty picture but a quick exit!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Im not sure that this would be happening to me but maybe its just a warning of whats coming? in my dream of being nuked i saw it exploding and felt the force but yet was not harmed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fire-heart!

Interesting & quite wonderful.....reminds me of Meshaack,Shedrack & Nebidniggo(pardon the spelling)....Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Forget Those Puny Little Poppers Of Men With Their Puny Science

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10 (NASB)

Just One Look From LORD Jesus The Just

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. Zechariah 14:12

And Puff, All Gone

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

Sorry Carol Sagan

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12-15

Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out. Carl Sagan

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:1-2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Blessings fire-heart!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

"I don't believe it sounds like one would even know what hit them,just be obliterated!Not a pretty picture but a quick exit!"

Exactly the Biblical meaning, that is.

Recall 1 Cor.15 when Apostle Paul mentioned the 'change' at "the twinkling of an eye" on the "last trump". All peoples still alive on earth at that moment will have their flesh bodies cast off, revealing their "spiritual body". Paul was pulling from Old Testament Scripture about that happening at an instant (like Isaiah, especially see Isaiah 25 about death being swallowed up).

Going deep for those interested:

At the end of Hebrews 12 we have this same picture about God's consuming fire on the last day of this present world. It's what Apostle Peter was also talking about in 2 Pet.3:10 with the 'elements' being burned up on the Day of The LORD when Jesus returns. The Greek meaning for "elements" in the KJV has nothing to do with earthly material matter, it's about the idea of a world age ending. In that 2 Pet.3 chapter Peter uses the examples of God ending previous world age with water, but this last time will be by fire, God's consuming fire, an event that no man could ever create, not even with a trillion nukes.

So how ya doin' brothers and sisters? Do you believe the 'real you' is about your fleshy body? Do you think your flesh is going to live forever? Do you believe our Lord in His Word that we also have another type body, not made with hands, but eternal in the heavens (i.e., the "spiritual body")? Do you even believe the dimension that exists behind a veil today called Heaven actually exists?

Since the real us involves that "spiritual body" which dwells inside our flesh, which includes our soul, then what is flesh? Like Apostle Paul said, "Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats; but God shall destroy both it and them." (1 Cor.6:13).

As our Lord Jesus also said, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matt.10:28). (The first "body" there is about our fleshy body. The second mention of "body" is about our "spiritual body" with soul destroyed in the "lake of fire" after the Great White Throne Judgment.)