tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I needs to put this in better words. People seems to think because your a christian, you hate gay people. There is also alot that think because your a christian, that your not supposed to hang out or be near sinners. I think were all sinners. Jesus sat with sinners and loved them. I don't want anyone to think because I'm a christian that I hate sinners or anyone.  :(

Let your actions reflect your love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The bible doesn't say that you can't talk to unbelievers, or be a friend to an unbeliever, but that they should not be a close friend or one in your inner circle of friends or someone you confide in. Your close friends and those you confide in or ask for opinions should be Christians. For an unbeliever cannot give sound or Godly advise. But also, an unbeliever will want a Christian to do the things that a Christian should not be doing... Too much time around an unbeliever pulls a believer farther and farther away from a Godly life... We are to influence the unbeliever, not the other way around.

A lot of my customers that come in are gay. They are so sweet and nice. I don't want to say, because your gay I can't talk to you.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Jesus Loves Them

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

More Than Most Folks Will Ever Know

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And I Love Them Too

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have had many friends in the past who are gay. just because its a sin, doesnt mean we should shun or hate them.

I have had many friends in the past who are gay. just because its a sin, doesnt mean we should shun or hate them.

Amen~!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Some Christians hate them because of this passage:

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

My step dad is one of the haters and I feel sorry for him, he has a hardened heart. He really believes they should be put to death.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Unfortunately the Bible often is miss-interpreted, and when it is, it can completely change ones outlook on people and life.

Here's a different outlook on Leviticus 20:13

Death is sometimes required by the Hebrew Scriptures as the punishment for ritual transgressions. These included the worshiping of other Gods, gathering sticks on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32-36), improper eating of ritual offerings (Numbers 18:32), ineligible persons acting as priests (Num 3:10).

Over the last few centuries, most Christians and Jews have rejected Leviticus 20:13. They no longer call on the death penalty for homosexuals. Only Christian Reconstructionists and a few Christian hate groups wish to revert to mass executions of gays and lesbians today.

Various interpretations of Leviticus 20:13:

•Conservative Christians generally interpret the passage as condemning all male homosexual activity. Some would extend it to lesbians as well. A comment on the capital punishment aspect of this passage by an Evangelical authority is: ◦T.Crater: stated that the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) are a covenant between God and Israel, which also set up a civil state and decreed its laws. The Christian Scriptures (New Testament) is an agreement "between God and a multinational body called the church. It is not a state, so it doesn't engage in state functions like capital punishment." 2 Thus, the death penalty called for in Leviticus 20:13 is no longer binding for Christians.

•Liberal Christians Some comments on the death penalty aspect of this passage by pastors and academics taking a liberal position are: ◦J. Nelson: "It is grounded in the old Jewish understanding that women are less worthy than men. For a man to have sex with another man 'as with a woman' insults the other man, because women are to be treated as property." She added that this passage is not part of the 10 Commandments, but merely part of almost 600 additional rules put forth via Israel's religious leaders.

◦D. Bartlett: "Nobody I know, even the most conservative, is saying homosexuals should be executed. I think people who think they take the Bible literally don't take it so literally as to want to execute people."

◦Krister Stendahl: "If you look at the whole chapter, a lot of things come in for capital punishment that no Southern Baptist would argue that capital punishment is appropriate for. So their reading is a little selective." 2

Many religious liberals believe that this passage does not refer to all homosexual behavior, but only to a specific form of homosexual prostitution - that performed in a Pagan temple.

•National Gay Pentecostal Alliance (NGPA) interpretation: They state that a word-for-word translation of this verse from the original Hebrew is:

"And a man who will lie down with a male in beds of a woman, both of them have made an abomination; dying they will die. Their blood is on them." 3

In modern English this could be translated as:

"If two men engage in homosexual sex while on a woman's bed, both have committed an abomination. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh3.htm

Guest shiloh357

We need to stay strong in our assertion that homosexuality is a sin and that God hates that lifestyle.  The homosexual community wants to twist our hatred of their lifestyle into a personal hatred of homosexuals.  That is partly why this is such an emotionally charged issue.

As for the death penalty...   Spiritually speaking all sin has the death penalty connected to it, including homosexuality.  If homosexuals don't repent of their sin and accept Jesus into their lives they will spend eternity in death and separation from God.  That is a reality they need to face up to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Shiloh

As for the death penalty...   Spiritually speaking all sin has the death penalty connected to it, including homosexuality.  If homosexuals don't repent of their sin and accept Jesus into their lives they will spend eternity in death and separation from God.  That is a reality they need to face up to.         posted by Shiloh

Exactly,,,,,,,& sin is sin indeed,,,,,,and,every sinner has the choice where they want to spend eternity thanks to Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You know what baffles me Brother?Every gay person I have ever spoken to (many)carries the guilt of their sin as much as they hate to admit it & yet they outright refuse to repent and lie,they pretend to not feel guilt ??????

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

If a practicing homosexual says he or she is a Christian then one in not to associate with such a person.

(1 Corinthians 5:11)