• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Alot of my customers that come in are gay. They are so sweet and nice. I don't want to say, because your gay I can't talk to you.

I believe one can work with them and can do business with them. One should bring up Jesus asap and if they are not interested or try to change scripture then have nothing to do with them. This means do not befriend them.

I may misunderstand what I read, if so correct me.

Prov

23:6---14:7---24:21

Eph 5:11

James 4:4

2nd Tim 3: 1-5

2nd Thess 3: 6 & 14-15

2nd John 1:9-11

2nd Corin 6:14-18

1st Corin 5:6-11

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

My  boss is also gay.  :(  She beleves she is born that way. I don't want to change jobs right now, cause jobs so hard to find.

My  boss is also gay.  :(  She beleves she is born that way. I don't want to change jobs right now, cause jobs so hard to find.

I would keep my job as you say its hard times in the job market, if you are uncomfortable there find a job before you tell them so you have a place to go. You can work with them and have non work related conversations thats ok. If you find yourself uncomfortable around a conversation just excuse yourself

say you have to check on something or going to rest room anything like that so as not to be a part of the conversation that offends you.  I think befriending them is more like inviting them to join you every Friday night to eat out. Or something like going boating with them, or regularly going to a movie with them. I have worked around those people before, it was what I had to do. I do not have to hang out with them on my off duty time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry but why would you have to change jobs just because your boss is gay? Threw out my life I have worked in places with several gay people and I have never felt the need to change jobs because of it. People are people. Maybe I don't like what they do but I also don't like drinking and partying every weekend. But I am not going to change jobs just because I work with someone who drinks and parties every weekend.

One should bring up Jesus asap and if they are not interested or try to change scripture then have nothing to do with them. This means do not befriend them.

Do not befriend them? Is this what it means to be a Christian? I am sorry, but I will befriend anyone who needs my friendship. How could I not? How could I turn someone in need of friendship away and still call myself a follower of Christ?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There are two types of homosexual men:

Those that would prefer that they weren't gay but just get on with it anyway. They carry out their homosexual practises, satisfy their lusts and look for love in the same way that many people do. They have fallen for the lie that they born that way and do not realise that knowing Jesus could transform them.

You can talk to, associate with, and befriend these people. Maybe one day they will find Jesus and find salvation.

Those that are proud to be homosexual. They are blinded by their own vanity. They throw their homosexuality in your face, believe that they are privileged, believe they are special, and do not want to change. They love to indulge in their own perversions. They play the victim, they use their sexuality to their advantage and work their way up the career ladder on the strength of positive discrimination (affirmative action) laws. They do not want God in their lives because they want to make up their own rules and live by their own moral code.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Alot of my customers that come in are gay. They are so sweet and nice. I don't want to say, because your gay I can't talk to you.

To tell you the truth Christian or not it feels weird to talk to a gay guy especially when they look at you with lustful eyes lol. No thanks. Talking to gay women doesn't bother me though.

One should bring up Jesus asap and if they are not interested or try to change scripture then have nothing to do with them. This means do not befriend them.

Do not befriend them? Is this what it means to be a Christian? I am sorry, but I will befriend anyone who needs my friendship. How could I not? How could I turn someone in need of friendship away and still call myself a follower of Christ?

I can see you never read these verses in the Bible so I post them so you can see for yourself AND explain me wrong.

Eph 5:11

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2nd Tim 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 

2nd John 

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2nd Corin 6
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk inthem; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
1st Corin 5:
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavenedbread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
Here is what the bible says word for word please explain to me how it does not mean what it says.

Im ready to learn how I have the wrong idea about these verses.

I have read the verses. But I feel I can not rightly turn someone away from me who is need of friendship because they refuse to accept Christ. I feel that we should love our fellow man and help them whenever we can out of love and love of alone. Not because we want to convert them. Because true love should have no requirements.  In my heart, I think this is how God wants me to be. And I can not turn a hurting person in need away if I can help, even if they do reject my God.

So I will not debate sculpture. For  I feel that this has been my calling.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

To the OP I say, if we were not to talk to sinners / perverts (in or out of our observation... for there are a lot of very sneaky perverts who fool us every day to think they are upstanding etc)...

...then we would be mutes (talking to nearly no one).

Ours is to witness to sinners the better way (than their sin) in the most effective way without compromising the truth. Pitch forks and torches do not do the job effectively. In fact it just forced them underground, and their resurfacing in such great force today is a backlash from the pitch fork and torches methods.

A very successful Broadway playwright and screen writer who was a witness at my wedding 33 years ago (when he was just a college kid) is gay. He knows where my wife and I stand on the subject, but we treat him as a person and if he should ever wonder what makes my wife and I tick (spiritually) our door is always open. I have on many occasions quelled the fear and bristling gay people I work with typically associate with people like me when they find out I am all about Jesus people... I am firm in Christ, yet I extend my hand to them as people in need of the Savior just as much as me. No accusation of their homosexuality and no affirmation  of it either.

In the end, I am a firm believer that getting them to believe in Christ is the first most important thing and the rest is between them and God. And God is far more capable of dealing with all our sins than we are. In matters of congregational affirmation (like the man who had his father's wife in 1 Corinthians 5), drastic measures had to be taken (disfellowship)... but I read no where in the Bible how we are not to witness to homosexuals, or murderers, or divorcees, or perverts, or liars, or thieves, etc.

Do any of you?