• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I have read the verses. But I feel I can not rightly turn someone away from me who is need of friendship because they refuse to accept Christ. I feel that we should love our fellow man and help them whenever we can out of love and love of alone. Not because we want to convert them. Because true love should have no requirements.  In my heart, I think this is how God wants me to be. And I can not turn a hurting person in need away if I can help, even if they do reject my God.

So I will not debate sculpture. For  I feel that this has been my calling.

It may be you and I have a different understanding of what friendship is. Being a friend, being social, being civil are not all the same in my opinion. I have posted to be civil to homosexuals and to be social with them on a non-intimate non-frienship  level. Friendship goes beyond social or civil relations. One must be able to tell them apart. 

2nd Corin 6:17

Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD

The above verse is a new testament guideline we are not to change, take away or add to it.

Unbelievers are not Gods friends

John 15:14

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

1st Corin 5:6

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Be civil and to a certain extent social; but a friendship i do not see in these verses.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I find the whole thread a little strange to tell you the truth.

"I like Gays", should actually, if we are to follow the teaching of Jesus, (the Word of God), read "I Love Gays".

Or am I wrong? 

Maybe not wrong, but . . . .

When we like someone, we are emotionally fond of them.

We can love someone, and not like them at all. We are called to love people, this means we seek their well being, we treat them well, seek their benefit, etc. In other words, we are called to action, not to emotion. Emotion is not something we can just turn on or off, but love, the bible kind, is a choice we can make and exercise even in spite of emotion.

I do not mean to suggest that love cannot be or accompany fondness, but I think you get the gist of what I am saying.

Yep we are on the same page.

It's just that God has put me in an amazing place of late. He is teaching me to preach the Word with Love and not words. (where I am witnessing, I cannot speak the language...). It is an amazing and humbling experience (pretty daunting as well). Why He is leading me and the wife there I have no idea. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Alot of my customers that come in are gay. They are so sweet and nice. I don't want to say, because your gay I can't talk to you.

Nor should you. I don't think we shouldn't talk to them.  I just don't like how they live, how they push their agendas onto the rest of us and demand that we accept their lifestyle as normal.  The Lord doesn't like their lifestyle either.  They need Jesus.

Amen shiloh, well said.  

We are to love them but not love the lifestyle.  Yes they do need Jesus.  I have a friend who is gay.  He refuses to go to my church with me because he as he said head, " you preach against the gay  lifestyle.  I said yes.  He  really believes God created him the way he is and he is in no way willing to even read the Bible for fear of seeing the truth for himself.  I can only pray for him but even now I can see the hardness of his heart on this subject so I"m not sure where to go from here.

Because He Lives! Rustyangel

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I have read the verses. But I feel I can not rightly turn someone away from me who is need of friendship because they refuse to accept Christ. I feel that we should love our fellow man and help them whenever we can out of love and love of alone. Not because we want to convert them. Because true love should have no requirements.  In my heart, I think this is how God wants me to be. And I can not turn a hurting person in need away if I can help, even if they do reject my God.

It may be you and I have a different understanding of what friendship is. Being a friend, being social, being civil are not all the same in my opinion. I have posted to be civil to homosexuals and to be social with them on a non-intimate non-frienship  level. Friendship goes beyond social or civil relations. One must be able to tell them apart. 

Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD

The above verse is a new testament guideline we are not to change, take away or add to it.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Be civil and to a certain extent social; but a friendship i do not see in these verses.

Most of my friends over the years have been non-Christian. I do not feel guilt over that. From what I have seen, I find it very hard to come across people in life who are true Christians. In fact outside of church, I have come across maybe a handful of people whom I know to be true Christians.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone who teaches a Gospel that different from what the apostles taught is condemned.  The Catholic Church started teaching a Gospel different from what the apostles taught, and has fallen into ruin.

Oh dear.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Anyone who teaches a Gospel that different from what the apostles taught is condemned.  The Catholic Church started teaching a Gospel different from what the apostles taught, and has fallen into ruin.

Oh dear.

Jesus and the apostle taught what Jesus preached.

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

When Constantine the Great/Satan got the Church to allow Christian to fight in Constantine’s army that is when the Church no longer was led by the Holy Spirit.

(Galatians 1:7-9) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one we have already preached to you, whether it by ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is to be condemned.  I am only repeating what we told you before; if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

Edited by Johnlove

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Most of my friends over the years have been non-Christian. I do not feel guilt over that. From what I have seen, I find it very hard to come across people in life who are true Christians. In fact outside of church, I have come across maybe a handful of people whom I know to be true Christians.

I understand LadyKay we just have a different outlook  on certain verses as most Christians

do not see every verse the same. I will not let my differences hinder trying to be friends with you.

I explained my outlook on this and so have you. God has put instructions in each of our hearts

that may not be the same. Im ok with that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would have to say that I like a person gay or not it is just the act I do not like. Does that make since. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I would have to say that I like a person gay or not it is just the act I do not like. Does that make since. 

Ask your self do you believe that you could like a child rapist, but just don't like what he or she does?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Johnlove Jesus talk about Love. I have to love everyone but that done not mean that I have to like what he or she does or stand for. I am agains homosexuality but I love the individual. But not the act. Yes I love murders, rapist ect…but I do not like what they do. I am new to this site and I do not know what the boundaries are on how far we can go. I base my information off of the word of God and some do not. It is a fact that these acts (gay, child raspiest) are an abomination in the sight of the Lord. But we have to Love but do not have to agree or like what is being done.