tigger398

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

I think the Christian message has to be the message of the Holy Spirit, else we are not following the Lord but our flesh

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Is the Holy Spirit working in you Christian? Is the Lord through His Holy Spirit making you into an instrument that proclaim the truth about sin, righteousness and judgment? We cannot be afraid to proclaim any of these three even if we suffer loss by doing so. And today we certainly know we can suffer loss for simply telling the truth and following Christ. However, as soon as Christians start ignoring what "sin" really is then we are in deep trouble, with regard to fulfilling the will of the Spirit and the saving grace of the Gospel. How can we be saved from our sins if we are in denial about what is sin? All "sins" can ruin a man or a woman, whether that be the sin of lust, adultery, fornication, lying, stealing, or homosexuality, to name a few. Jesus ate with sinners, spoke with sinners, and died for sinners and so should we to give our all, if we truly desire to follow Him and love the lost. We have all fallen short of God's law but Christ delivered us from sin and calls us to love as He did - there is no room for sin in our lives and when we sin we must repent. How then is it any different for one who does not yet know the Lord. They cannot come to the Lord unless they repent as Peter said. There is no excuse for us to remain in our sin but we must embrace the truth about sin and the love and righteousness of Christ. The lost cannot come to Christ either without repentance and making Christ the true Lord and King of their lives. In order to live to Christ we all have to understand what our sin is in the first place (i.e. if we are an alcoholic then to deny we have a drinking problem is not living up the higher calling of Christ or possessing the faith that God can truly deliver us from evil, whether that is the evil we do to others or the evils we do to ourselves in twisting and morphing the image of God in us to something that is unbecoming of the high calling of Christ in our newborn nature. Love the sinner by all means, even if at the peril of our own earthly lives, if necessary. Others who have already run their race have laid it all down at the foot of the cross and be sure they, like Stephen in Acts, heard Christ calling them home in their final minutes. Love to the fullness of love the Savior has given you friend! But always call sin what it is, a theft and corruption of the nature God intended for us, a nature that reflects the purity and love of God in humanity. We are fallen but in Christ there is restoration and so much more in the new nature He is creating within us. The Gospel cannot work unless we repent of sin and that includes all sin for they all forms of corruption that disinherit us from the Kingdom Christ died to win for us. If we confess our sin He restores if we do not admit and confess our sin then we make _______? You fill in the blank.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

1John 1:910 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

May God Bless You

And may we be about His work in saving all the lost - no matter what their sin is - Pat

Edited by Macs Son

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I would have to say that I like a person gay or not it is just the act I do not like. Does that make since. 

Ask your self do you believe that you could like a child rapist, but just don't like what he or she does?

What would Jesus do? He loved me when I was a sinner.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I would have to say that I like a person gay or not it is just the act I do not like. Does that make since.

Ask your self do you believe that you could like a child rapist, but just don't like what he or she does?

What would Jesus do? He loved me when I was a sinner.

That's the best question to ask ourselves in any situation ;). We all have different gifts and callings in life...

I find the whole thread a little strange to tell you the truth.

"I like Gays", should actually, if we are to follow the teaching of Jesus, (the Word of God), read "I Love Gays".

Or am I wrong? 

:thumbsup:

But God commendeth his love toward us,

in that, while we were yet sinners,

Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Paul said to Christian to have nothing to do with people who say they are Christian, but still sin.  He did not tell us to stay away from sinners who were not Christians.

Christians have access to the Holy Spirit, which teaches them to know God.  The Holy Spirit also gives one the grace to defeat Satan/sin.  

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There will be left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the raging fire that is to burn rebels. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will repay. And again: The Lord will judge his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Edited by Johnlove

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. 

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ.  Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law.  Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.  My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning.  It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared.  No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” 

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person. 

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.  Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment.  We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people.  It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”  

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time.  They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Hi John Love,

Are you saying Christians never sin after becoming Christian? I was having a hard time following the point. I believe we still struggle with our sin after becoming a Christian but that now we know we can have victory over it. However I haven't met a Christian who did not stumble. Take St. Peter for example. He denied our Lord three times the night before His crucifixion. Is hypocrisy sin? Paul also accused Peter and Barnabas of this at Antioch

Galatians 2:11-13

Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

David also sinned grievously with Bathsheba but the Lord did not cast him aside either

Psalms 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

James advocates that the Christian should always confess their sins - useless if there is no way they can receive mercy

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

John also speaks to us about confessing our sin when we do sin:

Fellowship with Him and One Another

John 1:1

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

We could go on with more example to show context but I think it's pretty clear Christians still struggle with sin, although we do have weapons to prevail over it now vs the little resistance we had before coming to Christ. That is not to be defeatist about sin but a humble assessment, lest we become prideful in ourselves - which in itself is sin.

A little story about John the apostle in his late age as communicated down through the church fathers:

Clement of Alexandria, was an early 2nd century Christian, who further related to us the formation of the four Gospels. Clément’s statements remain extant to us by way of Eusebius. Clement tells us that John remained active for some of these years after his return from Patmos in Ephesus and the seven churches mentioned in Revelation. Clément’s testimony is that John visited those surrounding churches, including at least the seven that he had written to in Revelation. John was purported to have died in about AD 98. It would appear He even had enough vigor during this period to have gone out after a backsliding youth on horseback. Clement captures a wonderful story about the aged Apostle which I believe rings true - I have no reason to disbelieve it in the same way I have no reason to disbelieve a biography about Billy Graham or Corrie Ten Boon. John had entrusted, a Pastor - most likely Polycarp, to shepherd a young boy who had come to faith in Christ at the Church of Smyrna. The Pastor did just that but the boy strayed from him and from the faith. The boy then in his teens gradually forsook the Church as well as his Pastor and began to cast his lot in with a band of juvenile delinquent, robbers who preyed on travelers as they went through the hillside passes near Smyrna. John had returned to Ephesus his home base and was unaware of this. Later he again saw fit to visit the Churches of Asia Minor, including Smyrna. Clement relates that upon again visiting the Pastor and his church John inquired about the boy brought to faith in Christ that he and the others had laid hand on for he had entrusted him to pastoral care. The Pastor countenance dropped as he stated that the boy was lost. We soon discover this was totally unacceptable to John’s mind and heart to accept this youngster as lost and yield him to clutches of the devil. With great heart the aged John has a horse saddled and seeks the boy out in a manner keeping with Jesus’ teachings about the Good Shepherd and that lost stray among the 99 sheep.

On coming to the place, he was arrested by the robbers' outpost; neither fleeing nor entreating, but crying, "It was for this I came. Lead me to your captain;" who meanwhile was waiting, all armed as he was. But when he recognized John as he advanced, he turned, ashamed, and fled. The others followed and with all his might, forgetting his age, he cried out, "Why, my son, dost thou flee from me, thy father, unarmed, old? Son, pity me. Fear not; thou hast still hope of life. I will give an account to Christ for thee. If need be, I will willingly endure thy death, as the Lord died for us. For thee I will surrender my life. Stand, believe; Christ hath sent me." And he, when he heard, first stood, looking down; then threw down his arms, then trembled and wept bitterly. And on the old man approaching, he embraced him, speaking for himself with lamentations as he could, and baptized a second time with tears, concealing only his right hand. The other pledging, and assuring him on oath that he would find forgiveness for himself from the Savior

Through great ordeal for such an aged man John wins him back to Christ. The boy repents with tears and John then re-grounds the teen back into the faith before leaving Smyrna and returning home. Jerome in his commentary on Ephesians and Galatians stated that as John began to slip in physical health he constantly exhorted his Church "Little children, love one another" We see from his epistles that this term, “Little children” was an endearing term he used for the church, the same term Jesus also used.

I don't think it is for us to say who the Lord will pardon and who He will not pardon, so I pray for all and leave that up to Him.

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We all sin so we all have guilt at some point. I don't want to hear how the gays pressure people into things. **Comment removed**. Just as much as Christians shove the religion and beliefs in people's faces. We have to learn to coexist. Hate gets us no where. It seems like it is usually one extreme or the other. God loves us all not just some of us.

Edited by ncn
Please remember language when posting

We all sin so we all have guilt at some point. I don't want to hear how the gays pressure people into things. **Comment removed** Just as much as Christians shove the religion and beliefs in people's faces. We have to learn to coexist. Hate gets us no where. It seems like it is usually one extreme or the other. God loves us all not just some of us.

Hi Taz,

Who hates? One who sees a blind man or a drunk stagger out in front of a fast moving bus and says, "not my job, I'm not my brother's keeper" or one who at least shouts out a warning that they are headed toward sure death, or even better runs after him and physically tackles him before the bus runs him over? You be the judge but what the Bible has to say gives me great pause in the say nothing stance.

John 9:41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

And St Paul

Romans 6:20-23

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.

What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed?

For the end of those things is death.

But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness,

and the end, everlasting life.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?John later says:(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”Hi John Love,Are you saying Christians never sin after becoming Christian? I was having a hard time following the point. I believe we still struggle with our sin after becoming a Christian but that now we know we can have victory over it. However I haven't met a Christian who did not stumble. Take St. Peter for example. He denied our Lord three times the night before His crucifixion. Is hypocrisy sin? Paul also accused Peter and Barnabas of this at AntiochGalatians 2:11-13Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.David also sinned grievously with Bathsheba but the Lord did not cast him aside eitherPsalms 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. SelahJames advocates that the Christian should always confess their sins - useless if there is no way they can receive mercyJames 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.John also speaks to us about confessing our sin when we do sin:Fellowship with Him and One AnotherJohn 1:15 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.We could go on with more example to show context but I think it's pretty clear Christians still struggle with sin, although we do have weapons to prevail over it now vs the little resistance we had before coming to Christ. That is not to be defeatist about sin but a humble assessment, lest we become prideful in ourselves - which in itself is sin.A little story about John the apostle in his late age as communicated down through the church fathers:Clement of Alexandria, was an early 2nd century Christian, who further related to us the formation of the four Gospels. Clément’s statements remain extant to us by way of Eusebius. Clement tells us that John remained active for some of these years after his return from Patmos in Ephesus and the seven churches mentioned in Revelation. Clément’s testimony is that John visited those surrounding churches, including at least the seven that he had written to in Revelation. John was purported to have died in about AD 98. It would appear He even had enough vigor during this period to have gone out after a backsliding youth on horseback. Clement captures a wonderful story about the aged Apostle which I believe rings true - I have no reason to disbelieve it in the same way I have no reason to disbelieve a biography about Billy Graham or Corrie Ten Boon. John had entrusted, a Pastor - most likely Polycarp, to shepherd a young boy who had come to faith in Christ at the Church of Smyrna. The Pastor did just that but the boy strayed from him and from the faith. The boy then in his teens gradually forsook the Church as well as his Pastor and began to cast his lot in with a band of juvenile delinquent, robbers who preyed on travelers as they went through the hillside passes near Smyrna. John had returned to Ephesus his home base and was unaware of this. Later he again saw fit to visit the Churches of Asia Minor, including Smyrna. Clement relates that upon again visiting the Pastor and his church John inquired about the boy brought to faith in Christ that he and the others had laid hand on for he had entrusted him to pastoral care. The Pastor countenance dropped as he stated that the boy was lost. We soon discover this was totally unacceptable to John’s mind and heart to accept this youngster as lost and yield him to clutches of the devil. With great heart the aged John has a horse saddled and seeks the boy out in a manner keeping with Jesus’ teachings about the Good Shepherd and that lost stray among the 99 sheep.On coming to the place, he was arrested by the robbers' outpost; neither fleeing nor entreating, but crying, "It was for this I came. Lead me to your captain;" who meanwhile was waiting, all armed as he was. But when he recognized John as he advanced, he turned, ashamed, and fled. The others followed and with all his might, forgetting his age, he cried out, "Why, my son, dost thou flee from me, thy father, unarmed, old? Son, pity me. Fear not; thou hast still hope of life. I will give an account to Christ for thee. If need be, I will willingly endure thy death, as the Lord died for us. For thee I will surrender my life. Stand, believe; Christ hath sent me." And he, when he heard, first stood, looking down; then threw down his arms, then trembled and wept bitterly. And on the old man approaching, he embraced him, speaking for himself with lamentations as he could, and baptized a second time with tears, concealing only his right hand. The other pledging, and assuring him on oath that he would find forgiveness for himself from the SaviorThrough great ordeal for such an aged man John wins him back to Christ. The boy repents with tears and John then re-grounds the teen back into the faith before leaving Smyrna and returning home. Jerome in his commentary on Ephesians and Galatians stated that as John began to slip in physical health he constantly exhorted his Church "Little children, love one another" We see from his epistles that this term, “Little children” was an endearing term he used for the church, the same term Jesus also used.

I don't think it is for us to say who the Lord will pardon and who He will not pardon, so I pray for all and leave that up to Him.

In Christ, Pat

People do most anything to justify their lack of grace to stop sinning.  John tells us that one who sins has never seen nor knows God.  People who sin need to ignore what John said.  To believe people who still sin means the bible contradicts its self, and then has no validity.  Christians who sin are still not spiritual, and are just infants in Christ.