IGNORED

Why rewards if heaven is the assured goal?

Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross

Good Morning to you too & Praise & Glory to our Lord!

If we love God with all our heart, mind soul and strength, will we not be eager to do His will?                                                   posted by One Light

Of course,His Will....not ours!                                                                                    With love-inChrist,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Blessings Cross

Good Morning to you too & Praise & Glory to our Lord!

If we love God with all our heart, mind soul and strength, will we not be eager to do His will?                                                   posted by One Light

Of course,His Will....not ours!                                                                                    With love-inChrist,Kwik

How do we find out what it is if we have no "intimacy" with Him?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross

Me,personally,,,,I do not believe it is possible without,,,,,,,,,nope

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Cross

Me,personally,,,,I do not believe it is possible without,,,,,,,,,nope

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I believe I sense that __ !:)!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Works are simply the reality of God within us securing the performance of His Word

in the world around us-> so that seeing the outworking of that Word they might come

to that Word and be born from It... Love, Steven

Works are simply the reality of God within us securing the performance of His Word

in the world around us-> so that seeing the outworking of that Word they might come

I like that. however, it raises the question of "what is the reality" that it be the standard by which we live? So many religious folk equate 'serving the church' with its 'chicken dinner' social mentality as serving God. Some other few might take it step further to include, 'stuffing envelopes'. But, I do understand and believe you have a grasp on what it is supposed to be in the 'naked sense'. ;)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I like that. however, it raises the question of "what is the reality" that it be the standard by which we live? So many religious folk equate 'serving the church' with its 'chicken dinner' social mentality as serving God. Some other few might take it step further to include, 'stuffing envelopes'. But, I do understand and believe you have a grasp on what it is supposed to be in the 'naked sense'. ;)

The reality 'IS' that which God Himself keeps forever... The Essence of God is neither of created nor destructive format and cannot

be encompassed except by God Himself without end... He 'IS' The Unique and there is no other and He directs my heart to love the things He

Loves and to hate the things He hates, I do not do this perfectly but press toward that mark of perfection, so that by His Word I will be

kept by Him forever along with the everlasting of Himself by His Love...

So when I say Love, Steven it is also with this reality in mind!

Edited by enoob57

The reality 'IS' that which God Himself keeps forever... The Essence of God is neither of created nor destructive format and cannot

be encompassed except by God Himself without end... He 'IS' The Unique and there is no other and He directs my heart to love the things He

Loves and to hate the things He hates, I do not do this perfectly but press toward that mark of perfection, so that by His Word I will be

kept by Him forever along with the everlasting of Himself by His Love...

So when I say Love, Steven it is also with this reality in mind!

A little too mystical for me to grasp, I'm afraid. For me, learning to love Him as my Father makes everything, incidental.. Jesus teaches me that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

But, for the Christian who has been assured and re-assured of his salvation, why are works necessary? What works would they be that God would require them and even judge the quality of them?

Why would He call that one who produces none, "slothful"? ___and why would any Christian call it  all "works salvation"?

WE read in Ephesians 2:8-10 the reason why. People skim over the last sentence.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

God created us for works in Him so others will come to know His salvation and enjoy eternity with Him. I have to wonder where we all would be if others had been "slothful" when it came to us. Would we of come to know Christ?

If we love God with all our heart, mind soul and strength, will we not be eager to do His will?

Hi OneLight!! Nice reply! Thank you!

Since it is, we can't get people saved [Jesus does that], can you "put legs" on what you believe God's will is that we should be performing it that in the end we might have influence?

We influence people in everything we do, whether it is a good influence or a bad influence depends on how we do what we do, and why.

If we influence someone for Christ, remember that we may never witness the result, which is why we do His will through faith. God tells us that His word never returns void.

Isaiah 55:11

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

How do we find out what it is if we have no "intimacy" with Him?

We need to grow in our personal relations with Christ through faith to have any "intimacy"  How does one grow in faith? 

Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Keep in mind that hearing is the only means which scripture used to be passed from one to another in those days., Today, we have His word provided for us to read, study and meditate on.

What does this faith produce? We find that answer in 2 Peter 1:5-11

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.