• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Hi.   "As each one has recieved a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." 

What are all these gifts and why are they to be used in serving one another?  Can you come up with examples as how to they are used to serve one another?  I thought they were supposed to be used to glorify God and maybe bring in the lost.  I understand how the gift of encouragement serves one another.  Maybe the gift of helps.  Perhaps all these gifts help strengthen eachother so we can continue to grow in the grace and love of God, thus bringing greater glory to God in the world?  Just typing as my mind is hashing this out. 

Hi.   "As each one has recieved a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." 

What are all these gifts and why are they to be used in serving one another?  Can you come up with examples as how to they are used to serve one another?  I thought they were supposed to be used to glorify God and maybe bring in the lost.  I understand how the gift of encouragement serves one another.  Maybe the gift of helps.  Perhaps all these gifts help strengthen each other so we can continue to grow in the grace and love of God, thus bringing greater glory to God in the world?  Just typing as my mind is hashing this out. 

:thumbsup:

God's

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

Work

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

For the body is not one member, but many.

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

And if they were all one member, where were the body?

But now are they many members, yet but one body.

And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. 1 Corinthians 12:11-26

Amen~!

Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:13-16

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

:mgcheerful::thumbsup: "Love one another as I have Loved you".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I think it could be argued that serving one another is gloryfying God. Indeed if one reads verse 11 then it says if we use the gifts the way it is intended then it brings glory to God. Jesus was a perfect example of servant who served others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

I believe,at this time & in context ,that Peter may have been specifically speaking of the laying on of hands or baptism as ref in Acts8:17,9:6  & Tim 4:14.......and in all things we do ,it should always result in giving God the Glory!

The manifold of Grace are a variety of diversified gifts that have manifested & used for the good of the whole church......ministering to one another as "good stewards"as Jesus our "Good Shepherd" with love

1 Corinthians 12:4-11

New International Version (NIV)

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

These are the gifts I believe we are discussing .....Welcome to Worthy Pamela!        With love-in Christ,Kwik

The capacity for loving others is incidental to loving God. The Baptism of Jesus is for making complete the Christian who has it in his heart to be conformed to Him. It is the venue for the revealing of the glory of God per John 17.. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God has also given us gifts of pastors, evangelists, missionaries, teachers, etc who are people.  They use their spiritual grace and power gifts to serve us in the church.  

I consider hospitality a gift as well. I know a guy who opens his home once a week to his old drinking buddies.  No alcohol, just good clean fun as only Christians can have.  He is a leader by nature and gift, and having them for barbecues and such presents a way to witness to them with a clean mouth and a changed life.      

We used to have summer parties in our youth group in which we would take inner tubes upstream to a warm river and float down to a park.  There we would sing old gospel songs around a campfire, roast hot dogs and marshmallows and enjoy Christian fellowship.  50 years later we still remember those as some of the good memories that drew us back to Christ.  People who can organize these and supervise them are exercising their gifts for serving the church; the youth pastor with his brief exhortation, teaching and invitation to receive Christ also exercised his gifts.  All of these people worked together to accomplish God's purposes.  Some plant, some water, but God gives the growth. 

Helping others with our natural talents and gifts is another way of serving Christ.  A mechanic who repairs cars for the poor for only the cost of parts is also serving with the gift of helps.  There are countless ways to minister to the church and to open doors to spread the truth of the Gospel---Even operating a news cast in Israel.

These are some of the good works that God has created for us to walk therein.  We use the gifts of the Spirit and talents God has given us to serve Him in unique ways tailored  just for us.  And each of us is needed, working together in love, to accomplish God's purposes on earth.  By this all men shall know you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.  John 13:35 NKJV

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Good posts, thankyou.  Feel free to post more if you got them.  : )

God has also given us gifts of pastors, evangelists, missionaries, teachers, etc who are people.  They use their spiritual grace and power gifts to serve us in the church.  

They, however, are administrative gifts to be distinguished from as prophecy, healing, tongues,et al.

I consider hospitality a gift as well. I know a guy who opens his home once a week to his old drinking buddies.  No alcohol, just good clean fun as only Christians can have.  He is a leader by nature and gift, and having them for barbecues and such presents a way to witness to them with a clean mouth and a changed life.      

We used to have summer parties in our youth group in which we would take inner tubes upstream to a warm river and float down to a park.  There we would sing old gospel songs around a campfire, roast hot dogs and marshmallows and enjoy Christian fellowship.  50 years later we still remember those as some of the good memories that drew us back to Christ.  People who can organize these and supervise them are exercising their gifts for serving the church; the youth pastor with his brief exhortation, teaching and invitation to receive Christ also exercised his gifts.  All of these people worked together to accomplish God's purposes.  Some plant, some water, but God gives the growth. 

Helping others with our natural talents and gifts is another way of serving Christ.  A mechanic who repairs cars for the poor for only the cost of parts is also serving with the gift of helps.  There are countless ways to minister to the church and to open doors to spread the truth of the Gospel---Even operating a news cast in Israel.

These are some of the good works that God has created for us to walk therein.  We use the gifts of the Spirit and talents God has given us to serve Him in unique ways tailored  just for us.  And each of us is needed, working together in love, to accomplish God's purposes on earth.  By this all men shall know you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.  John 13:35 NKJV.

Indeed, we all should follow such examples if the "talent" is a gift of the Holy Spirit and not of ourselves. 

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

8)    But above all things have fervent love among you, for love shall cover the multitude of sins.

9)    Be ye harberous one to another, without grudging.

10)  Let every man as he hath received the gift, minister the same one to another, as good disposers of the manifold grace of God.

I Peter 4:8-10

IMO the gift is the grace of God thru Christ Jesus:

15)  But yet the gift is not so as is the offense: for if through the offense of that one, many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace which is by one man Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:15

If one reads the following verses of what remains in Romans 5, it gives a wonderful picture of this gift of Grace.

This gift could also be called love as Peter describes in I Peter 4:8, for even Solomon mentions that love covers all sins, Proverbs 10:12.   Greater love than this hath no man, when any man bestoweth His life for His friends.  John 15:13  Jesus Christ the Love, that covered everyone of us sinners and our wicked sins.  This is the kind of  love that John calls us too      I John 3:16-18.