• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Topic Started by Shiloh - June 20, 2014

Worthy Board/Chat Room Gathering

This is to announce a Worthy Board gathering for Wednesday May 13 through Sunday May 17, 2015.

This event will be hosted in Springfield, MO.  

This is a time for WB members and Worthy Chat members to meet up and perhaps put a face with a name and have a good time of Christian fellowship.  Everyone is welcome to come if they can arrange it.  Children are welcome as well.

You will need to consider having money for room and board.  Springfield has affordable motels.

This announcement is being made in far enough in advance to give most people the time to arrange time off from work. 

No activities schedule is set at this time, but Springfield is just 30 minutes away from Branson and some awesome shopping opportunities as well as shows and amusement parks

Springfield is the home of Bass Pro Shops (the greatest store on earth) and a Nature Center maintained by the Missouri Department of Conservation with several different trails and varieties of wildlife.   Springfield also has the Sports Hall of Fame for sports enthusiasts.    There parks where we can have a cook out, as well.

The group can decide what activities we want to do when we get together.   The only tentatively scheduled event at this time would be dinner at 5:00 pm in Springfield at Logan’s Roadhouse.  It would be best for members to meet in Springfield  (location to be announced) at around 4:00 on Wed evening and then head over to Logan’s Roadhouse.

Since this will be held through Sunday, members can also look forward to going to church together, as well.

Please return back to this thread for updates and more information

Guest shiloh357

I need to update the WB Gathering dates.  Because many members will still have children in school during May, the dates for the gathering have been moved to June 10-14, 2015.   This allows people to come might not otherwise be able to due to school schedules.

• 1 month later...
Guest shiloh357

The Worthy Board Gathering dates have been slightly revised.  Thursday June 11-14.   I will be teaching on Wed night and I won't be able to not be there at Church.  So the plan is to meet Thursday evening for dinner and possibly a movie (If there is something decent playing) or some other fun activity that evening.   Friday and Saturday will include a trip to Branson (SW Missouri's premier tourist trap) and see some important parts of Springfield like Bass Pro Shop (the greatest store in the world) and/or we could go out to the Wilson's Creek Civil War Battlefield.  They have a lot of trails where you can go and visit important areas where the battle actually took place and there is a good museum there, as well.

I am also looking into planning a cookout on Saturday evening and then everyone come to my church on Sunday morning and go to lunch, hang out and then everyone head back home on Monday.

That's the tentative itinerary so far.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Don't forget the quad state area of Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

So, after a year of planning, and little thread participation, did the event actually happen, did anyone show?

Is there any reason to keep this thread pinned here, or to keep it at all?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

So, after a year of planning, and little thread participation, did the event actually happen, did anyone show?

Is there any reason to keep this thread pinned here, or to keep it at all?

shiloh357 said on May 7, 2015, 08:17 AM (in my time), "Due to some unforeseen circumstances of late, the WB Gathering slated for June is cancelled/postponed for later."

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I just unpinned this, letting it die a natural death!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well maybe we just won't let it die. The way I approach Worthy I don't see pinned things.  If others do the same we might just nag nag nag until it is rescheduled.