• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Revelation 7:16-17 (NIV)
16 Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Revelation 21:3-4 (NIV)
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Tears?

Tears from what?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Death, mourning, and pain.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

The only tears we will shed will be on the planet...no tears in Heaven

2 Peter 3:12 mentions our ability to "speed the coming of the day of the Lord," which suggests our shirking our duties to the Master who bought us with his own blood actually delays his coming. Could the tears in heaven be realizing fully what we missed out on by going whole-heartedly into the Christian faith with everything we have?

Think of it, if every believer submitted to God and applied themselves fully and only to spreading his Gospel, his return would not have been delayed so long. Since God knows who will believe since before there ever was an earth... he apparently "seeds" them into the portion of history that they will receive the best witness for them to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. We we fully devoted to him, he wouldn't have needed to prolong history and perhaps within a few generations all believers would have been born.

Now the bad news.

If this is true...

Notice, folks, I said " I F "   

If this is true then to perpetuate human history, millions of unsaved people who would never believe had to be born. That means millions and millions of lives in hell that would never had to be born in the first place if believers in Jesus Christ were fully devoted to Christ rather than self, the world, things and people in the world.

It's high time we asked ourselves these tough questions, faced the music, and lay down the rest of our lives for the Lord God who laid down his life for us and took it up again so that we could be with him in eternity.

I F ... this all is true, then the crying will be over the spilled blood and innocent lives our irresponsibility and selfishness cost.

You worry about babies... everyone of them were babies...

Weep and wail for them and for the LORD who had to settle for our least when he gave his best... then the tears will flow like rivers and streams... and even this (again if true) he will forgive us for and put out of our minds (Revelation 21:4) because that is how wonderful he is!"

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No tear or scars in Heaven.  He will wipe away every tear and the bad memory will be no more.  Those who have visible scars  they too will be gone. The only scars that we will see are the ones on Jesus, hands, feet and side, all others will be wiped away.  Glory To God !

Because He lives!  Rustyangel

Guest shiloh357
2 Peter 3:12 mentions our ability to "speed the coming of the day of the Lord," which suggests our shirking our duties to the Master who bought us with his own blood actually delays his coming. Could the tears in heaven be realizing fully what we missed out on by going whole-heartedly into the Christian faith with everything we have?

It is not saying that we can speed up the coming of the Lord.  The word for "hasten" in the Greek, as it is used in that verse,  refers to an eager anticipation. It doesn't mean, "speed up."  

God works in the fullness of time.  God has a set time for Jesus to return and so there is nothing we can do to speed that up.

he apparently "seeds" them into the portion of history that they will receive the best witness for them to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where is that found in the Bible?

Thought I had more time and the answer to this on file where I could access it, but I will do some digging and get you your answer.

BTW eagerly looking toward is "A" possible interpretation, but hastening the (coming) is how most translations read.

Ecclesiastes 3

Proverbs 16:9 (NASB95)
9 The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.

Romans 11:25 (NASB95)
25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

Esther 4:14 (NASB95)
14 “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?

There are several others regarding to our calling and appointed times but I shan't spend much more time on this as my brain is fried from over work.