antisocial

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have been hurt so many times. I have a really bad personality, and I don't know how to change it. I am 34 and I developmentally delayed. In the beginning when people meet me they like me. I am very nice; I smile; friendly. But after getting to know me for some reason, they don't like me. They don't usually tell me why. I believe in helping people out in need, if I am able, for I am disable myself. And when the opportunity, I will help someone, if I can. Only because I fear God. I have been keeping to myself for a while now, and it has made me miserable. But yesterday I have decided that it was OK that people don't like me. This is what I tell myself, "it's OK if people don't like you. You are better off without them." I tell myself that all the time now. It's how powerful your tongue is. My feelings are starting to match up what I am saying. And I am becoming happier just by accepting it. I think of all the things I can do for myself without people. It makes me happy. I can be alone, but I don't have to be lonely. My question is, is it sinful for a Christian to be antisocial.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

OK. Nobody answered my question, which is alright. :) I am going to that it is OK to be antisocial. :wave: And I am OK with that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

OK. Nobody answered my question, which is alright. :) I am going to that it is OK to be antisocial. :wave: And I am OK with that.

Sometimes it takes days for people to notice and respond to a post, Jesse.  You don't sound antisocial to me; I define an antisocial person as one who doesn't like other people and sometimes wants to hurt them in some way.  Maybe you're not meeting people with whom you have a lot in common.  Anyway, you can make friends here.  We all have the Lord in common after all.  And welcome to Worthy.  :mgbowtie: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

hey sometimes thats life! but that doesnt sound anti-social at all, just sounds like your hurting. I don't know you, so I can't say as I know why people avoid you after awhile-but I can say this, God will always care for you! and keep trying! sooner or later youll meet a friend-even if its only one that will hang around. Its better to have one real friend-then a dozen fake friends.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49

it's not sinful but it's not healthy since we're meant to do life with people

of course everyone needs their alone time every once in a while, but someone who purposefully doesn't want to interact with people it goes deeper than "feeling antisocial" - like someone posted above, sounds like there's hurt there to be dealt with

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

I used to have similar problem and still have at times (tend to please people, worry about other people opinion, keep to myself),

but I came a long way. And the Lord helps me all the time to overcome each time. 

One time people were making fun of me, I felt hurt by their comments and jokes and took it personally, I was so sad and depressed, felt useless and lonely

then the Holy Spirit speak to me from very clearly

Ecclesiastes 7:21

Do not take to heart all the things that people say

God is so good He speaks when I really needed Him. He comforted me and told me not take it to heart.

If God is for me who can be against me, The Lord Himself is my best friend.

He understand when nobody else understand and when people misunderstood me

God knows my heart and He keep me and work things out for me whenever I cried out to Him and call upon His name. 

From my experience, one thing that I learned is that God really love us praying to Him, coming to Him humbly and call upon His name and asking Him for help. 

Nothing is too small to pray for and nothing is too big that He cannot handle. So pour out your heart to Him, cast your cares to Him for He cares for you,

He love it when we draw near to Him. In fact He already know what you will be praying before you even asking Him. 

Never believe the lie of the devil, always always and always run to God no matter how you feel bad or far, just call upon His name, God is faithful and Holy, 

He promised and He will make it come to pass - He promised that He will never forsake us and leave us, so be of good courage.

Mathew 7:7-11

7“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

9“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Just to add that... God is there for you even you don't see it. So be of good cheer.

It took me a long time to learn that God is there for me all this while. 

I changed so much - I am more cheerful, laughing at small little things and even some people that know me don't recognize my voice when I call them

can you imagine, even my voice changed and I didn't know until someone told me.

God filled me with peace and joy and I am so grateful. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  43

Hello Jesse,

I have found that churches are often like high school with many cliques and social statuses.  It is sickening, really.  Perhaps you are better off doing your own thing.  Go for the worship, and try to find inspiration in the sermons.  It's ok to be you.

Much Love