Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arkyx

Hey, I'm Aaron.

25 posts in this topic

Hey there everybody,

I'm Aaron, from the humble island abode of Singapore. 18 this year, enrolled in a pre-u college` taking the A- Levels this year, similar to the SAT in the States. Also, for the misinformed, no, Singapore is not part of China/Africa/India lol - or located in a remote, oppressed region of the world for that matter, haha.

We are a bit small and near the south-east corner of the typical world map I guess.

Anyway, I've come here to get a few things off my mind that I just simply can't share with those around me. Thanks to the anonymity of the Internet, some of you folks halfway around the world will know more about my thoughts, feelings and doings than my own parents do. Would be helpful to know where I could post such a heavy thread(it will be, I can assure you) so I don't accidentally break conduct.

Besides that - if and when I have victory over this significant period of trouble - I've always taken an interest in apologetics, and might delve into some here.

Well, sorry that intro was a little less bubbly than the norm, but hi anyway! Nice to meet you all.

God bless,

Aaron

Welcome to Worthy.

Hi Aaron, 

Welcome to worthy

welcome

Hi arkyx. In the part of Copenhagen i was living in in 1993-96 we were fortunate to have a team from Singapore visiting, young christians with the mission to start up a congregation. For me this was a personal answer to prayer. Especially one of them became a somewhat close friend. We had meetings in the basement of a normal villa. We were app 10-15 people only. Taking of our shoes before we entered the room where the sunday service was held(it was real home and we showed respect by just having our socks touch the carpet). I have many dear memiories from those years. It was a close fellowship, English was the language,allthough one af the young men in the team managed to learn Danish in the time they spend at "Mariager højskole" in preparation for the church-mission planting. Some got married. Some stayed, and i think the leader of the church still is in Denmark in a international congregation. I loved the fellowship, the genuine love for Jesus, the youthfullness, the small outreach we had at the local mall(i went together with one of the malaysian girls - very devoted christian, and i must admit, truly beautiful) we were like brother and sister that day. diden't have much luck convincing the danes about anything though, but we enjoyed the day, working together for the Lord - me with a young girl from Malaysia. Well, im getting all carried away and emotional - so just welcome and please write all you want, this is a great forum.

Hi, Aaron. Welcome to Worthy! We do have many forums on site here... I'm sure you'll find several of interest for you. Glad to have you with us.

God bless you,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles