• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I suspect that the Lord wants us to act once we have prayed for guidance.  Since the Scriptures tell us that "he that hath an ear........ I can assume that since we have limbs, eyes, and other senses, we should take full advantage of them and get to work.  Boots on the ground kind of stuff.  :lightbulb2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I suspect that the Lord wants us to act once we have prayed for guidance.  Since the Scriptures tell us that "he that hath an ear........ I can assume that since we have limbs, eyes, and other senses, we should take full advantage of them and get to work.  Boots on the ground kind of stuff.  :lightbulb2:

That's just it though......   you should be talking to Him all the time with everything you do......    even the little things.   I asked him if it was ok to hit the post button.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, I've seen a number of threads here asking "What should I do?" referring to some problem or another. A lot of the answers are passive, effectively telling the asker to rely on God and explaining how helpless we are without him. Somebody is looking for a spouse - they are told be patient and wait. Somebody else wants a new job, they are just told to pray and wait for God to answer. Somebody else may have a problem with addiction. They are told that they can't succeed through their own efforts, instead they should just ask God. But is that what God really wants? It seems to me to be a lazy and irresponsible way to live your life.

Throughout the OT we read of God asking the Jews to do something. For example, when we expects the Jews to fight their enemies, he actually asks them to do it. He doesn't just say "sit back lads and leave it to me" and then go on a fire and thunder spree while the Jews just sit back and watch. He expects them to get involved through their own efforts. He just promises them victory and tells them that he has their backs. In other words, if they try, he will take care of the rest.

Should we not do that? Does God not want us to develop our characters through our own efforts?

Is there not a time when we are ever expected to just get up and do things for ourselves, using of course the talents and skills that God gave us in the first place?

"My anger burns against the shepherds, and I will punish the leaders; for the LORD Almighty will care for his flock, the people of Judah, and make them like a proud horse in battle."

- Zech 10:3

Many good and sincere posts have been written here, but I submit that the true problem in America is not with those who try however haltingly to remedy their lives before God, but the lack of true dedicated shepherds.   Nearly all of them have become corrupted by money, false gospels or fear of awakening the wrath of society against them for attempts at evangelism.  Entire Protestant denominations have blasphemed the Bible and the true gospel, betraying the true faith for the sake of political expediency.

"If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it."

- Charles Finney

It is written that judgment begins in the house of the Lord.  If what is written in the Bible is true, then those who are responsible for the care and feeding of the flock of Jesus Christ are most wickedly courting the judgments of the Almighty.  They fly in the face of God Himself with their debauched gospels, their preaching of prosperity first and their embrace of one of the most hated sexual depravities spoken of in the Bible.

"There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the biggest reason America is in the mess that it's in today is directly due to the apathy and indifference of the American pulpit."

- Chuck Baldwin

The fires of hell are burning today and ready to receive not misbehavior, but those who commit it.  

GOD HATES SINNERS.   HE HATES THEM WITH A TERRIBLE WRATH.  

It is not some abstract behavior that will be cast into the lake of fire - it will be SINNERS.    

Judgment is operating even now, but in the incredible mercy of God forgiveness is also offered in the person and blood of Jesus Christ.   The gospel is the good news that despite the hatred of those who sin, God offers redemption and forgiveness.....but it is a message that MUST be transmitted to the world.  

To their shame our preachers have bleached the gospel, the Biblical warning and Our Lords incredible offer of peace and mercy.

The truth is too hard for our churches to bear today.  

It is a message born of warning and a present and real offering of mercy.  Eternal damnation awaits those who have expressed their hatred of God continually and shamelessly in our streets and in our faces.  Preachers who have sold their souls to the devil shall reap the reward of their treason in their own flesh.  Watch and learn, pilgrim.

Judgment begins in the house of God and if Christians don't get on their knees and put away pet sins and flirtations with the devil, THEY shall be the first to feel the wrath of God against them.  They shall not suffer hell as the wicked do, but they shall learn a terrible lesson of the PERMANENCE of the wrath of God.   Why test him?  Why fly in His face?  It is time to repent.  The end is nearly upon us and no church membership card is fire proof.

REPENT while you have time, for there is not much left to us.  The mercy of God is still offered.  

Escape the wrath which even now is being poured out upon us.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

I can name you at least a hundred people as righteous as lot and his family. God does not owe soddom a destructed America.

If you really think we are like Sodom, I don't think you know Sodom or the US.

....where in the bible does it say God hates sinners?

:thumbsup:

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

In Ephesians 6:13, speaking of the whole armor of God: Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, AND HAVING DONE ALL, TO STAND. We are to do everything we know how to do that is made plain in Scripture, such as putting on each piece of our spiritual armor. And then we are to stand and wait with expectant faith that God will be faithful to do His part and bring in the victory.

Abe did his part and obeyed God's instructions to climb the mountain with his son carrying sticks for the sacrifice, and was prepared to follow through with faith in God. He showed that his hope was not in his son but in the God who kept His promises. Having done all we know how to do, we hold our ground and stand and see the salvation of God.

When the course I am taking does not have God's blessing, I will not have peace in my heart. If I am truly seeking His face I will stop and pray again and search the scriptures for more instruction as to my actions and time. When God told Moses he was to deliver his people he did it in his own wisdom and strength and slew an Egyptian. He had to go to the back side of the desert for 40 years to learn to not trust his own strength and wisdom but to wait for God's direction and timing. Learning God's when, where and how can be a learning curve. We need to walk softly before the Lord, unsure of our flesh, and looking constantly to be guided by His eye.

Dogs will watch our faces and eyes, and our gestures to read our commands. Watch a show on sheep dogs sometime. But our little Papillons do the same thing. We need to be that responsive to our Master to hear and obey Him, to sense the checks in our spirits and to be aware of the direction of His loving gaze.

Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;

I will guide you with My eye. NKJV

In a discussion about building an FM radio station in a church we were attending, the pastor made a statement that I agreed with and has rung true for many many years.....

He said to pray about things and then set out to do them and if it's in Gods will, it will work out.   If it's not then just let it go and get onto the next thing...

Assuming there was such, what about all the wasted time and expenses needlessly incurred  because God was not in it? Why act presumptuously supposing God to bless it because we do it in His Name?

Has He not said. "Wait on Me"? If you believe I am in it, will I not open a door for it to happen, will I not make a way? But then, I am a Pentecostal. . . ;)

:thumbsup:

Does God Really Help Those Who Help Themselves?

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or Does God Help Those

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Who Wait Upon

Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Genesis 18:14

Him?

I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Psalms 142:5

That Is The Question???

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

In a discussion about building an FM radio station in a church we were attending, the pastor made a statement that I agreed with and has rung true for many many years.....   

He said to pray about things and then set out to do them and if it's in Gods will, it will work out.   If it's not then just let it go and get onto the next thing...

Assuming there was such, what about all the wasted time and expenses needlessly incurred  because God was not in it? Why act presumptuously supposing God to bless it because we do it in His Name?

Has He not said. "Wait on Me"? If you believe I am in it, will I not open a door for it to happen, will I not make a way? But then, I am a Pentecostal. . . ;)

He will open doors and make ways, but if all you do is set on your butt, nothing is going to happen.        Too many people expect God to simply give them things while they set back and wait on them....   and sometimes wait a lifetime....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oakwood....

One of my favorite little sayings has always been......."Reach up as far as you can & God will reach down the rest of the way".........It is funny that you should bring up this topic as right now I find myself in a situation where I am wondering if there is something I need to act upon or not .........the important thing to do is to trust God to give us direction & follow his lead.........be it to simply 'be still & wait".....or to move forward and proceed.....

We do have to put our faith into action ,this can mean many different things but in all things may we give God the Glory & let His Will be done

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Okay, I've seen a number of threads here asking "What should I do?" referring to some problem or another. A lot of the answers are passive, effectively telling the asker to rely on God and explaining how helpless we are without him. Somebody is looking for a spouse - they are told be patient and wait. Somebody else wants a new job, they are just told to pray and wait for God to answer. Somebody else may have a problem with addiction. They are told that they can't succeed through their own efforts, instead they should just ask God. But is that what God really wants? It seems to me to be a lazy and irresponsible way to live your life.

Throughout the OT we read of God asking the Jews to do something. For example, when we expects the Jews to fight their enemies, he actually asks them to do it. He doesn't just say "sit back lads and leave it to me" and then go on a fire and thunder spree while the Jews just sit back and watch. He expects them to get involved through their own efforts. He just promises them victory and tells them that he has their backs. In other words, if they try, he will take care of the rest.

Should we not do that? Does God not want us to develop our characters through our own efforts?

Is there not a time when we are ever expected to just get up and do things for ourselves, using of course the talents and skills that God gave us in the first place?

You make some good points. We do need to wait on God for many things, yet He does expect us to walk forward---with Him. I am reminded of the Old Testament account of Elisha (my favourite prophet!) and his servant, found in 2 Kings 6:8-20:

Elisha Traps the Arameans

When the king of Aram was at war with Israel, he would confer with his officers and say, “We will mobilize our forces at such and such a place.”

But immediately Elisha, the man of God, would warn the king of Israel, “Do not go near that place, for the Arameans are planning to mobilize their troops there.” 10 So the king of Israel would send word to the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he would be on the alert there.

11 The king of Aram became very upset over this. He called his officers together and demanded, “Which of you is the traitor? Who has been informing the king of Israel of my plans?”

12 “It’s not us, my lord the king,” one of the officers replied. “Elisha, the prophet in Israel, tells the king of Israel even the words you speak in the privacy of your bedroom!”

13 “Go and find out where he is,” the king commanded, “so I can send troops to seize him.”

And the report came back: “Elisha is at Dothan.” 14 So one night the king of Aram sent a great army with many chariots and horses to surround the city.

15 When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha.

16 “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” 17 Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

18 As the Aramean army advanced toward him, Elisha prayed, “O Lord, please make them blind.” So the Lord struck them with blindness as Elisha had asked.

19 Then Elisha went out and told them, “You have come the wrong way! This isn’t the right city! Follow me, and I will take you to the man you are looking for.” And he led them to the city of Samaria.

20 As soon as they had entered Samaria, Elisha prayed, “O Lord, now open their eyes and let them see.” So the Lord opened their eyes, and they discovered that they were in the middle of Samaria.

Elisha's servant was beside himself not knowing what to do, yet Elisha, the anointed, who walked in his anointing, and knew who he was in God, had the sight that God blesses us with, and the courage that comes from trusting God completely. Elisha knew that god was right there and that he was under God's watchful protection at all times. He knew what to do.

God doesn't always tells us which way to go, and what is around the corner. He expects us to go with Him and He will minister to any situation as we find ourselves there.

He calls us to go ahead, be bold, and make decisions that He will bless.