OakWood

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You can't leave everything to God, otherwise you won't be doing anything!

He gives us free will to make choices and I think he wants us to learn from our mistakes.

I feel like the faith is like driving on a road with no directions. Just hoping nothing comes in your way, but being careful as well.

I don't really agree on 'waiting' because how do we know that is what he wants? Waiting doesn't give me a 'yes' or 'no' answer so I just do whatever is right and pray beforehand. I think that 'sixth sense' feeling when something 'doesn't feel right' is him.

Guest Geoff Primanti

He gives us free will to make choices and I think he wants us to learn from our mistakes.

I feel like the faith is like driving on a road with no directions. Just hoping nothing comes in your way, but being careful as well.

I don't really agree on 'waiting' because how do we know that is what he wants? Waiting doesn't give me a 'yes' or 'no' answer so I just do whatever is right and pray beforehand. I think that 'sixth sense' feeling when something 'doesn't feel right' is him.

Scriptures in Psalms that tell us of the wisdom of waiting (on the Lord):

25:3,21, 27:14, 37:7,9,34, 52:9, 59:9, 62:3,6, 123:2, 130:5.

Thank you to the blue letter bible search engine.

And of course it doesn't say anywhere that we should do nothing while we are waiting.  I think that one principle here is that timing is important.

Edited by Geoff Primanti

Guest Geoff Primanti

God loves them enough to go to the cross for them even while they were still in their sins.

But there is a sense in which he also hates them only inasmuch as they won't, and until they, repent. And you're right; it is actually the sin that He hates.

Nevertheless these verses in Psalms apply to all workers of iniquity and not only homosexuals as is taught by Westboro:

[Psa 5:4-6 KJV] 4 For thou [art] not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. 

[Psa 7:11 KJV] 11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day. 

[Psa 139:19-24 KJV] 19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20 For they speak against thee wickedly, [and] thine enemies take [thy name] in vain. 21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Edited by Geoff Primanti

Guest Geoff Primanti

If I hate someone enough to count them my enemy (that is, with perfect hatred) as the Psalmist said was his experience, then Jesus also commands me to love them with perfect love.  I love them enough to seek their redemption and hate them enough to desire justice' penalty no matter how severe and to have satisfaction in seeing that penalty carried out.

Mercy is reserved for those who confess and forsake their sin (Proverbs 28:13)

Edited by Geoff Primanti

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

And of course it doesn't say anywhere that we should do nothing while we are waiting.  I think that one principle here is that timing is important.

But how do we know when to act? :(

Guest Geoff Primanti

Hi Joy and Love!

That is an excellent question!

The only answer I can think of to give you is that you appropriate Luke 11:13 (if you haven't already done so) and then live by Romans 8:14.  It is definitely a faith thing.

Colossians 3:15 also comes to mind, which to me substantiates to me the teaching that you can act the moment that God gives you a release to do whatever it is he wants you to do.  By giving you a perfect peace about doing it.  And circumstances are also a factor in my own personal experience.

LiC,

Geoffrey

Edited by Geoff Primanti

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You just act and ask God for help.   If it is something he does not want you to do he will make it obvious it isn't working.

People looking for a spouse should not set at home on the couch waiting for God to send someone by to knock on your door..  You go out meeting people learning which ones you like and like you....   God guides and directs much more than he just outright does things for people..

I've known people looking for a good job that never went out looking for one......    just plodded along waiting for God to put one in his/her lap.   From my experience it just doesn't work that way very often.

If you are not happy tell God about it and go do something and ask for help.......    not do this for me.

Guest Geoff Primanti

Going out and meeting someone isn't God's primary purpose for our lives. If He wants you married to someone, when you meet that person in everyday circumstances both of you will know there is a connection; and marriage should really only happen from the Christian perspective if that connection is based on the commonality of a relationship with Christ.  Though my own marriage was the result of missionary dating and I think that my wife is only now coming around after approximately eight years of marriage: the hell I went through in the meantime I would never wish on anyone.

I reject the idea that we should go in search of a mate except for one thing:   "He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the LORD."

Some of the best treasures in life are found when we aren't looking for them.

I know that in the beginning of my walk I used to search for something in the scripture and would find a totally unrelated nugget of pure gold out of God's precious word.

Also in my own experience it has not been the will of the Lord for me to have a job because He wanted me to study long and hard in preparation for what I'm doing now:  He has always provided my basic needs as I have trusted in Him and what He says to all of us in Matthew chapter 6 about this.

Edited by Geoff Primanti