Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cross Reference

Everything God gives is in promise form

21 posts in this topic

It is quite evident from the scriptures  that when God says this: "I will do this IF you will do that", He places a condition upon His "doing".

While keeping in mind all of the previous promises God had made __ and broken, in this example God is liking Israel's sin to Leprosy and offering His cure: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

[However] "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it"
Isaiah 1:18-20 (KJV)

I believe God administers His Grace to us in like manner, don't you?

[Emphasis mine]

Edited by Cross Reference

god promises us many things yes but he has not broken any of them he is a man of his word. there usually is something we must give or do to recieve these promises but its all for our good in the end.

god promises us many things yes

but he has not broken any of them

He did with the children of Israel, didn't He?

he is a man of his word. there usually is something we must give or do to recieve these promises but its all for our good in the end.

Yes. It is called the fulfillment of the promise, correct?

"All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do, that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD swear [promised] unto your fathers.
 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no."
Deuteronomy 8:1-2 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine]

Cross Reference,

He did with the children of Israel, didn't He?

No God didnt

They say, “If a man divorces his wife, and she goes from him and becomes another man’s, may he return to her again?” Would not that land be greatly polluted? But you have played the harlot with many lovers; “Yet return to Me,” says the Lord.

"Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest,

any of you should seem to come short of it.
 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them:

but the word preached did not profit them,

not being mixed with faith in them that heard it." Hebrews 4:1-2 (KJV)

"Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest,

any of you should seem to come short of it.

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them:

but the word preached did not profit them,

not being mixed with faith in them that heard it." Hebrews 4:1-2 (KJV)

Again this does not prove your point God "DID" break his promise to Israel....what you see in the scripture you provided is "fear" from humans that God could break his promise, so dont test God or you will come short, inother words its us Humans who breaks God's promises....However your interpretation of this scripture contradicts God's words “Yet return to Me,” says the Lord. for Israel.

“Yet return to Me,” says the Lord. clearly shows God "DID" not break his promise to Israel...further if God "DID" break his promise to HIS Choosen people...God would violate laws from Leviticus concerning his redeeming purpose for the House of Israel, cause it would be a literal divorce and not a metophorical one...“Yet return to Me,” says the Lord.“Clearly proves God Kept and still keeps his promise for the House of Israel.

Edited by inchrist

"Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning.

If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life." 1 John 2:24-25 (KJV)

We are sealed by our continuing in Christ Jesus. Wherefore: "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried,

he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12 (KJV) Therefore:

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-4 (KJV)

With one proviso:

". . . let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord if he is double minded because:
 a double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:7-8 (KJV)

OMT: There is no self-righteousness when a brother of low degree rejoices in that he is exalted , Jas.1:8

Cross Reference

and yet God said

Yet return to Me,” says the Lord

Your interpretations are contradicting what God said Yet return to Me,” says the Lord

Again God did not break his promise with Israel, they are his chosen people....

Revelation 21:12  (context NewJerusalem)
It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Your interpretations need to harmonize and they are not

" After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year,

shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, . . . . .

. . . . . . and ye shall know my breach of promise." Numbers 14:34 (KJV)