• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

i have run accross many ppl who say the king james bible is the true word of God, Why exactly is that?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

i have run accross many ppl who say the king james bible is the true word of God, Why exactly is that?

Because Holy Spirit insight holds the key to understanding text not easily understood __ and some presumed understood by simplicity of certain sentence structure.. It is a dead translation to those who make the attempt without such insight.

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Basic beginning understanding of topic this is good

http://www.gotquestions.org/KJV-only.html

Love, Steven

Because Holy Spirit insight holds the key to understanding text not easily understood __ and some presumed understood by simplicity of certain sentence structure.. It is a dead translation to those who make the attempt without such insight.

Okay but the bible is written in many laguages and if say the KJV is the only true inspired word of God then ppl who cannot speak or read english well but were Christians would be out of luck wouldnt they?

Then you me- I use the Niv version, Now something happened when i first began reading the bible.As I read every word I could feel my soul devouring it- I know sounds strange right? But it was as if my soul was being feed good things as I read and i could read God or Jesus speaking and it was like they were speaking directly to me no different than one speaks to another.

If your KJV is the only true word of God then What am I to make of this?

Basic beginning understanding of topic this is good

http://www.gotquestions.org/KJV-only.html

Love, Steven

Ty it was very informative:]

Bottom line is read a translation you are comfortable with . . . one the Holy Spirit leads you to. You'll know it when you find it -- but stay away from The Message - its a paraphrase, not a translation. There is a difference, and its important.

As an example, I was lead away from certain translations when I was first saved and used the KJV because most churches in my area used it at the time. I didn't have any experience at that point in my life, but my background let me use the KJV with no problem. I moved to the ESV later on for church and general reading, but still use the KJV for study -- mainly because many of my reference books are keyed to that version and I see no reason to replace them since I don't have the money.

If you run a search you will find there have been quite a few threads on KJV Only over the years. Much of the "debate" seems to be endless arguments to me, but like many things there are differences of opinion and some hold really strongly to their particular take on it. Its another subject that can lead to much division if taken too far.

Have a look at http://www.biblegateway.com/ which has a drop down list of English and other language translations you can use for free. Its great for finding one you are comfortable with. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I heard one preacher say that the KJV was the true word of God because a king had it translated. lol. You will hear all sorts of silly arguments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

I heard one preacher say that the KJV was the true word of God because a king had it translated. lol. You will hear all sorts of silly arguments.

Yeah, the translation was authorized by King James, hence the name. But despite its regal language, even the new KJV is dependent on the Greek "Septuagint" translation of the Hebrew scriptures, hence the KJV is a translation of a translation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am so thankful to God in His design of salvation that is one of s(S)pirit and not

flesh... think about it God's definition and examples of faith Hebrew 11 -> as

all these traded all that they knew and was born into (this world) for the one promised

by God formed from His Word alone... It can only be the original writings that were inspired

because we have the family of text King James's people used and there are copiest errors

in them... and we know God is without error! This ultimately accomplishes his desire for us

to come to Him in s(S)pirit alone willing leaving all need of this physical behind. I have

found it to be a place of perfect peace for it is unaffected by whatever is here! Love, Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Seriously, in order to understand the King James Only view, you have to become a KJVologist.  I could teach a class on it.  To tell you the truth, many people that are considered authorities or are highly respected, speak very confidently on the subject with embarrassing incorrect and lack of knowledge.  This subject simply can't be explained in a sentence or a paragraph.  I can tell you that most will fail to do enough research on it.  Honestly, just spend your time reading ANY bible.  It will be a better use of your time than to scrutinize different versions.