• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

You know somethings have come to my attention. We are in the end times thats pretty obvious yet look around you what do u see? Do u see ppl repenting for their sins? do you see ppl bowing down to God and praying so fiercly their drenched in sweat?  Do u see random ppl boldly and fiercly procklaiming the gospel striking ppls hearts to their very core?

no!! you dont! why is this? its because in all honesty ppl could care less about God they are far more concerned about that raise at work or that next book club meeting or their favorite shows. This is america we are no longer a God fearing nation we are not a christian nation not even the slightest. We are a lazy spoiled and irrogent nation.

god is surely mad abou that but what do u think he feels about us christians? where are we in all of this sin gluttony lazyness and and abortion?Where is Gods army? then you have the end times I mean think about the terrible disasters we have seen the fires the tornados the earthquakes the giant swarms the starving ppl- ppl see this and think Oh its crazy wheather I hope their okay.

does God not control all things? u think he doesnt control the air? you think these terrible droughts that cause severe fire is of natural origin? The earthquakes just happen all the time? Have you read revelations? have you read mathew 24? America has been in a state of prosper but you know I think we have been in prosper to long because we have lost our fear for god.

The sad thing is we christians are blind to all this because if we werent we would be doing the things I spoke of in the beginning of my post because we would know whats going on. You see a horror movie and think thank God its just a movie but think again because your in one. We're all about to see a scary side of God and we will know what true fear of the Lord is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

You know somethings have come to my attention. We are in the end times thats pretty obvious yet look around you what do u see? Do u see ppl repenting for their sins? do you see ppl bowing down to God and praying so fiercly their drenched in sweat?  Do u see random ppl boldly and fiercly procklaiming the gospel striking ppls hearts to their very core?

Is it obvious?  what makes you say that?  Actually I do know more than one Christian that most certainly are repentful before God and none of those people are condemnatory of others.  A person does not need to be sweaty to touch the heart of God.  In fact, God looks on the heart and sometimes the people making the most noise have the least amount of heart.  Do you do the things you bemoan others for not doing?  

no!! you dont! why is this? its because in all honesty ppl could care less about God they are far more concerned about that raise at work or that next book club meeting or their favorite shows. This is america we are no longer a God fearing nation we are not a christian nation not even the slightest. We are a lazy spoiled and irrogent nation.

Hmmmm....again, you should not lump everyone together as God always has faithful people who call on His name and intercede.  The thing is, they don't make a public spectacle of themselves, yet God does bend down His ear and listens and answers.  No America is not a Christian nation.  As I am not American I sometimes wonder why people think it should be or ever was.  While it is a nation that was once strongly 'churched', I see no indication that it ever was truly a nation completely given over and dedicated to God.  Reading scripture, we actually find that, generally, speaking, an entire nation given over to God has never actually been a reality.  It is mainly its leaders that determine the course of the nation.  

god is surely mad abou that but what do u think he feels about us christians? where are we in all of this sin gluttony lazyness and and abortion?Where is Gods army? then you have the end times I mean think about the terrible disasters we have seen the fires the tornados the earthquakes the giant swarms the starving ppl- ppl see this and think Oh its crazy wheather I hope their okay.

Is God mad?  Really?  or angry (might be a better word)  There is still time.  Prophets call people to repent....but whomping people over the head is not loving..most people frown on the activities of groups that use the Bible like a weapon and it is not different here.  This harsh and judgemental attitude really does not extend God's love nor His gift of salvation.  Disasters may cause people to turn to God but ultimately, only the conviction and the imploring of the Holy Spirit can draw people to Christ and a changed life.

does God not control all things? u think he doesnt control the air? you think these terrible droughts that cause severe fire is of natural origin? The earthquakes just happen all the time? Have you read revelations? have you read mathew 24? America has been in a state of prosper but you know I think we have been in prosper to long because we have lost our fear for god.

Actually, no, God does not controll all things.  Does He control you?  Does God control murderers, thieves and rapists?  Well of course He doesn't.  The devil is the prince of the power of the air and for a time he is the power at work in the hearts of all those in rebellion against God.  Again, you are generalizing in a manner that includes both wheat and tares

The sad thing is we christians are blind to all this because if we werent we would be doing the things I spoke of in the beginning of my post because we would know whats going on. You see a horror movie and think thank God its just a movie but think again because your in one. We're all about to see a scary side of God and we will know what true fear of the Lord is.

It seems you do not really believe that you yourself are blind to it....perhaps just others who do not see things quite like you?  You might also remember that many call themselves by a name that they are not.  However, many do know what is going on.  Well, I don't watch horror movies myself and I do not recommend them.  They can cause nightmares and other things that are ungodly IMO.

Ummmm...we are not all about to see a scary side of God.  God does not have a scary side.  God is holy and His righteousness is holy and He does not force anyone.  Those who are His, are not in fear.

People may reap the effects of sin....that does not make God, Who is love, scary.  That, simply demonstrates why God sent His only Son to die on our behalf.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

fire-heart, keep in mind that there are many degrees and methods of witnessing our faith to others.  Some kick the dust off their feet and move on a bit quicker than others do when God"s word is not received.  There are many more avenues available to approach non believers than in the past.  The soap box in a crowd technique has to overcome several layers of noise and distractions to be effective today.  Please don't sell us believers short on the witnessing issue.  And just because you do not physically hear God's work being done does not reflect what may actually be taking place.  Actions speak louder than words do in some circumstances. Remember that we can only plant the seed, God does the rest.  GBU 

seavenseas.........You made excellent points

Is it obvious?  what makes you say that?  Actually I do know more than one Christian that most certainly are repentful before God and none of those people are condemnatory of others.  A person does not need to be sweaty to touch the heart of God.  In fact, God looks on the heart and sometimes the people making the most noise have the least amount of heart.  Do you do the things you bemoan others for not doing?  

I didnt say that was the only way to pray and I was talking about unbelievers not repenting not Christians

Hmmmm....again, you should not lump everyone together as God always has faithful people who call on His name and intercede.  The thing is, they don't make a public spectacle of themselves, yet God does bend down His ear and listens and answers.  No America is not a Christian nation.  As I am not American I sometimes wonder why people think it should be or ever was.  While it is a nation that was once strongly 'churched', I see no indication that it ever was truly a nation completely given over and dedicated to God.  Reading scripture, we actually find that, generally, speaking, an entire nation given over to God has never actually been a reality.  It is mainly its leaders that determine the course of the nation.  

Is God mad?  Really?  or angry (might be a better word)  There is still time.  Prophets call people to repent....but whomping people over the head is not loving..most people frown on the activities of groups that use the Bible like a weapon and it is not different here.  This harsh and judgemental attitude really does not extend God's love nor His gift of salvation.  Disasters may cause people to turn to God but ultimately, only the conviction and the imploring of the Holy Spirit can draw people to Christ and a changed life.

Im not being judgemental and Im all about love and im sorry if I seemed harsh and judgemental

Actually, no, God does not controll all things.  Does He control you?  Does God control murderers, thieves and rapists?  Well of course He doesn't.  The devil is the prince of the power of the air and for a time he is the power at work in the hearts of all those in rebellion against God.  Again, you are generalizing in a manner that includes both wheat and tares

Actually God is in control of all things nothing happens he doesnt allow

It seems you do not really believe that you yourself are blind to it....perhaps just others who do not see things quite like you?  You might also remember that many call themselves by a name that they are not.  However, many do know what is going on.  Well, I don't watch horror movies myself and I do not recommend them.  They can cause nightmares and other things that are ungodly IMO.

Really? saying i think im not blind to it was a bit much as I am blind I just tend to see a little more each day.

Ummmm...we are not all about to see a scary side of God.  God does not have a scary side.  God is holy and His righteousness is holy and He does not force anyone.  Those who are His, are not in fear.

People may reap the effects of sin....that does not make God, Who is love, scary.  That, simply demonstrates why God sent His only Son to die on our behalf.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Spot on Sevenseas,

I`m sure those comments would help fireheart to get a bigger & better picture of what God is doing.

fireheart,

I can hear your frustration & desire for the nation to be turned to God but you really need to understand what God is doing & praise Him for His ways not our views of what we think He should be doing. I suggest you read ncn`s testimony which is on his profile. It is a wonderful example of what God is doing every day in people`s lives & how He is working through quiet everyday Christian people. There are billions of people in the world & we cannot know what is happening except to believe that God knows, cares & is constantly working in wondrous ways.

The Body of Christ is not a part of the nations. We are a separate group - a holy nation whose eternal home is in heaven.

Blessings, brother.

im sorry for sounding harsh in my zeal i may have spoken to harshly, I honestly did not mean to be rude or mean

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

that does not describe where I live.

fire-heart, we can easily handle your zeal in here.  Thanks for being humble just now.  We just don't want you to alarm non believers by coming on too strong to them.  GBU

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

im sorry for sounding harsh in my zeal i may have spoken to harshly, I honestly did not mean to be rude or mean

We understand your zeal for Godliness, but don't forget friend, God's word says hearts will go colder and unrighteousness will grow in leaps and bounds just before his return. (Spock's paraphrase.)

The bible is true and it will not be broken. Honestly, I don't worry to much about unbelievers because most have chosen not to follow God, and that is their right, especially in America. I really don't even worry about organized religion because I have serious reservations many of them are following God as well. Look at the Presbyterian USA of late. Yikes!

I really concern about myself with the sphere that I can influence and of course my own walk with God. When I am judged at the bema seat, I will have to give an account of my life, and I seriously doubt I will be entitled to a public defender.

Grass roots baby. Start with your own home......