FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Just had a few questions about the Book of Job, and wanted to get others opinions.

God tells satan that He (God) was moved against Job, by satan without cause Job 2:3, why do you think God would allow satan to do this?

At the end of Job, God talks to Job, but never explains to Job why he had to suffer.  Yet God is so great in Job's presence that he repents, of his questioning God; so why do I (we) as Christian(s) who know all that Jesus Christ suffered for us, so easily forget and murmured against God, after all that He has done for me (us)?  Speaking of myself more than anybody else here.

And the final question why do you think God never explained to Job why he had suffered so greatly?

Feel free to answer one or as many as you want.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Just had a few questions about the Book of Job, and wanted to get others opinions.

God tells satan that He (God) was moved against Job, by satan without cause Job 2:3, why do you think God would allow satan to do this?

To prove Job __ to himself. To reveal to him [by the accuser] what was yet in his heart he had to deal with irrespective of his steadfast allegiance to God. We have this oft quoted verse by Job for which we think highly of him: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him" Job 13:15 (KJV) Have you ever read the next part?: " . . . . —nevertheless, I will maintain and argue my ways before Him and even to His face. Job 13:15 (AMP)

At the end of Job, God talks to Job, but never explains to Job why he had to suffer. 

But God did__ and raked Job over the coals for his self righteousness!

And the final question why do you think God never explained to Job why he had suffered so greatly?

It was made evident to Job why, to which he repented.

I hope helps

Edited by Cross Reference

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

One of the newsletters I get from 'Voice of Elijah' has a lengthy article about Job.  It states that the Book of Job is essentially a parable, to tell us that we should expect to be smelted, refined, and tested.  2 Timothy 3:12:  And indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

....why do you think God would allow satan to do this....

:thumbsup:

To Show Us First Liar

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. Job 1:9-11

Eating His Dust Dinner

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:20-22

Or Was It To Show Us

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. Job 1:5

God's Power And Grace

And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

~

....why do.... Christian(s).... murmured against God....

Job

Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? Job 40:8

Sees God

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

~

....And the final question why do you think God....

Jesus

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Is Reveled

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I find the book of Job to be very troubling.  Many times, it is recommended as a book to read when you are exploring the Problem of Suffering (Evil).  It is a fascinating book, although Job's friends get tiresome, but I am left with more questions than I started with.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Jobs name means "Greatly tried"

Job was tested by the Lord,but his life was build on God and he endured!

Satan was allowed to destroy Job's children ,everything he had and Job continued to trust God.

As Christians we should always be ready for trials in our life and remain faithful.

We can only be faithful as we keep our eyes on God just as Job did,the only difference is that we have the Holy Spirit living in us who will help us!

Guest LadyC

I find the book of Job to be very troubling.  Many times, it is recommended as a book to read when you are exploring the Problem of Suffering (Evil).  It is a fascinating book, although Job's friends get tiresome, but I am left with more questions than I started with.

the only explanation i could ever think of as to why someone would recommend the book of Job when i was suffering was a way of politely telling me to quit feeling sorry for myself. honestly, i get really bored with his tiresome friends too.... although i've discovered that i can at least keep who's doing the talking straight when i read it in the HCSB or NLT. i'm never satisfied either.... like you, it just gives rise to more questions in my head. it is by far my least favorite book.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Is Job not the oldest book in the Bible?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

If I'm not mistaken, the book of Job is considered to be Hebrew poetry. The work appears to be written as a play. Of course, this doesn't mean the writing is not inspired. The theme is simple: the righteous will suffer in this life but God will be with us and bring us through anything the enemy might put in our path. Job never understood why he went through what he did (just as we don't either).

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but maybe this will be of some value.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Duggar

And yes,to Oak....most would agree that the Book of Job is believed to have been written over 3500 years ago & the oldest to date....

I have always been told to read Job to learn patience........I would not want to learn patience as Job did.........

Job was a good man who was very Blessed but his story shows us that bad things can happen to good people.....through good & bad Job remained faithful.....I am not too sure he learned anything about patience but he did learn that God will turn any circumstance into good for those that love Him & for His Glory...............Praise the Lord!

With love -in Christ,Kwik