tigger398

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

My real name is Colleen ..my Grandmother named me...she was Irish.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

my real name is Benny Ray my mom wanted to call me Ray so being born one day before my oldest brother turned 1 year she would try to get him to say Ray and he could only say Ro she would repeat and he would repeat Ro so I became RoRo.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I am a Jr.  But I did not name my son after me.  However, he did go on and name his son after him. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

My Mother gave me my name,she was going for an aristacratic name,hoping i would be....LOL

there are 3 of us in the family with the same name...it get's kinda confusing when were all together in the same place..LOL

The only trouble i have is with my middle name....it used to mean something totally different then it does now.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1980

I think that these days there is more about trying to find a name that is unique, which in Australia at least has caused the authorities to reject some of the names parents are choosing for their newborns. Another factor that I believe causes poorly chosen names in this society is that there is a time frame in which we must register the name of our kids. I heard once that in ancient cultures, it would often take a long time for a child to be named, as the parents would watch the child, look at their temperament and personality and then choose a name that suited what they observed.

I like my name, and through most of school I would get annoyed with and sometimes ignored people who didn't use my proper, full, name. I'm not so rigid about it now, but now in the adult world, not many people try and use a nick-name for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to All

I am surprised to hear what murray has said ,that authorities in Australia reject some names.......I wish some names in America were rejected,I am sometimes shocked by what I hear & feel bad that kids have to go through life with such names ........names that are much like the ones we used to place on the "roll call" list that the substitute teacher would call out loud & get embarrassed once she realized what the kids had done.........I think a lot of parents do not think of all the possibilities that a name can bring(good & bad)

I am okay with my birth name ,there is a long line of us in my family but I am known by "Kwik" from friends & family.......& it suits my personality

With love,Kwik

Only one name I do not like to see people name their kids,"Jesus".......I feel like only One is the Name above all names & no one is Worthy of the Name.....even though many were called by that name at the time Jesus walked this earth..........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Blessings to All

I am surprised to hear what murray has said ,that authorities in Australia reject some names.......I wish some names in America were rejected,I am sometimes shocked by what I hear & feel bad that kids have to go through life with such names ........names that are much like the ones we used to place on the "roll call" list that the substitute teacher would call out loud & get embarrassed once she realized what the kids had done.........I think a lot of parents do not think of all the possibilities that a name can bring(good & bad)

I am okay with my birth name ,there is a long line of us in my family but I am known by "Kwik" from friends & family.......& it suits my personality

With love,Kwik

Only one name I do not like to see people name their kids,"Jesus".......I feel like only One is the Name above all names & no one is Worthy of the Name.....even though many were called by that name at the time Jesus walked this earth..........

I'm in agreement there, Kwik.  Jesus should only refer to our Lord and I'm totally against naming children that.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Sis Morning Glory!

I am so glad you said that .......

I'm in agreement there, Kwik.  Jesus should only refer to our Lord and I'm totally against naming children that.                                           posted by Morning Glory

I was expecting some flack right away,,,,,,,,,to me it is like naming a child"I Am" or "Yahweh".......no different?

With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

one of my daughters closest high school friends married a Jesus, and every time we get something in the mail from them it kind of freaks me out.  When she posts on FaceBook that her and Jesus took the family to do this and that it just makes my mind go a little crazy.

I agree, it shouldn't be done.