• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Did God give you the name when you were born. I hate my name. My first name sounds like an old ladys name, and my middle name my parents always used, but reminds me of when my mom used to call my name when she was drunk. I really hate my name.  :(

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

my chinese name is sound like a man's name

so when i need an english name,i tried to pick out the most feminine name in the dictionary,and then there is silvia

And then I used the name”silvia” talking in the internet, and a guy asked me : are y a Christian?,I said no(at that time I was not a Christian and know nothing about Christian)

I asked him why he gave me such a question, he said that Silvia is one of the ancient Christian saints ,and she sacrificed her life for her faith,and the Chinese Christians like to use this name when they need an English name.

Several years later ,I was called by GOD,I remembered that dialogue ,and I think it is a GOD given name just like GOD/Jesus changed Abraham, Israel ,Peters names, and I was chosen by GOD and is destined to be the Christian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Grace of Yah

God head

Praise God

My parents did not have this in mind either. They essentially named me after a cousin who has a different last name.

Think I'll keep it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I think our parents give us our names, but God promises those who overcome a new name in Rev.2:17 He renamed a lot of people. Jacob was named Israel, Saul was named Paul, Simon was named Peter.

I still like the name tigger. When our son was three we called him tigger because he would bouncy bouncy all around the house. It brings back fond memories. I like some old ladies names and unique names, which is why I chose Willamina, my grandma's name. I also like Viola. But some I don't like as well are Gertrude, Agnus and Madeline.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1989

I don't hate or dislike my name just a lot of girls have it so get's confusing or boring after a while. I was going have my name after my grandma on my dad's side but my mom changed it last minute. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Tigger it is not the name itself, as much as how person the present themselves.  For if one present themselves will, they will have a good name.

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.   Proverbs 22:1

And from what I have seen here on Worthy, you have a very good name,  When God looks at your name, He sees that you have trusted in the Name of His Son, Acts 4:12; and reminds us:

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.  Luke 10:20   Our names are written in heaven, and if God writes any name down, that name has a far greater beauty than any earthly name.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I was named after a character from a tv  soap opera. :clap:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

My real name is Arjay Araña, and according to my parents ARJAY stands for Araña Romeo Josephine And You :)

They thought my name is unique, but there are other Arjays in the world. I even found another Arjay Araña in Facebook.

My display name Dak is given to me by a brother here in Worthy, and came from my pseudonym Dakilang Pag-asa, a Filipino phrase that means "great hope."

~

Guest Bethany

My parents gave me the name of Bethany 1) because someone related to me that they love dearly was named Bertha and they didn't want to name Bertha (THANK GOODNESS!) 2) They like the meaning they found "House of God" ...I love my name. My brothers have biblical names as well.