LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I've been wondering for sometime now about this. If God calls on you to help someone and you refuse too. Will that person go without help? Or would God find another way to see that the person gets the help they need?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I don't think anyone can answer this question, unless their answer is something vague like "sometimes".  The question encompasses to many variables to even have a focus.

Yes, but it is a good question. But now that I think about it. I think God would make a way for his will to be done.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

The question I am considering is what His will in the circumstance is.  Is it His will to teach you about obedience or is it His will to help the person or is it both?   If it is to teach one obedience, than what one does for another may not be His focus or really matter.  If it is to help someone in need, He will find another way.  If it is both, His will will still be done, even if both are not completed for a long time.

The question I am considering is what His will in the circumstance is.  Is it His will to teach you about obedience or is it His will to help the person or is it both?   If it is to teach one obedience, than what one does for another may not be His focus or really matter.  If it is to help someone in need, He will find another way.  If it is both, His will will still be done, even if both are not completed for a long time.

I think I was thinking of helping someone in need.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

LadyKay, It is to our detriment, if we refuse to assist, counsel, witness, pray or in other words, help someone, if you feel or sense God is leading or impressing on you to reach out to a person in Christ. Especially if you are asked to... I do believe the Lord will select perhaps a more compassionate heart to help someone in need, and we can lose out on a blessing, so to speak. However, obligatory hand-outs to homeless vagrants to further their addictions to alcohol or drugs and cigarettes is another situation all together. We've all  seen pan-handlers perched on major shopping centers, with signs that say: Will Work For Food. Or a man in a wheel chair with a placard with the words: Homeless Hungry Veteran. Please Help. I've been approached in parking lots, with all kinds of stories in solicitation for funds for gasoline, money for bus fare home, and so on... The list is endless. Then there are small groups with colored photo-copied flyers of young children and hand written messages of: Please Help Our 

Baby Sister's Funeral Expenses. I've heard every story imaginable.

But there was a time in my life, before I came to Christ still in my teens, when I pan-handled for food. My mother and I were living in a government tract-housing in the Projects. We were poverty-stricken, and there were days when I went hungry. I would ask for spare change for food, and people were very kind. My clothes were clean, face was washed and long hair was neatly combed. But my thin stature was an obvious sign of hunger. I was too poor to afford to be addicted to drugs or alcohol... Perhaps I had an honest face, I don't know. It's pretty easy spot the look in the eyes and face of  an addict. Many had compassion on me and gave what they could spare. Remembering those days, I always keep a coin purse with spare change in my pocket. The amount varies. But when someone male or female asks for a few coins, I reach into my pocket and tell them, "Hold out your hand, I'll give you what I have..." And I empty my coin purse into their palm. They look at the amount and with a smile, always express gratitude with a "God bless you!"

As previously mentioned, I can easily spot an addict. But there are people on the street who are in desperate need. I wasn't judged in my day, so who am I to judge? If I make a mistake in character which is rare  by the way, God knows my heart. Just a final note: I don't recommend women to make themselves potential victims, by opening their pocket books or purses to strangers. Even an honestly homeless man in hunger can be tempted to take advantage of you, and you could become seriously hurt.  

God bless you,     

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

So around 14 years ago I was sitting in jail on my bunk minding my own business. I began to have thoughts like what good is my life doing, and what good am I doing in the world. The answer was none. I was totaly corrupt and wicked. I was full of the devil. After pondering these questions only for a few moments I felt a weight, a very heavy burden. I knew I was powerless to change and suddenly I did not want to be wicked anymore. Deep down I wanted to leave a mark on the world for good. This is when I first knew God was there. I began crying like a little baby right in front of a whole tank of grown men, which crying isnt really my style. I literaly was so weighed down I fell of my bunk and sat on the floor and I was rocking back and forth. As I looked up to where I felt His presence I said over and over... I'll be good, I'll be good. If you are not savvy on jail house rules, you stick to your own race. I am white. The biggest black guy in there which is about three of me( and I am a good sized fella) spoke up for me. Someone asked whats he doing, and he spoke up and said praying man, and anyone that messes with him is going to answer to me. I could hear all this going on but I didnt care, I had for the first time in my life met God. God lifted this weight off me and I felt so much better. Oh what a relief it was. No man preached to me. No person helped me. And God had sent many many people before this not only in jail but in the free world too to declare the good news to me. Until God came to me my heart was stone. I was in desperate need and God helped me. God truly does not need anyones help. Hemade the heavens and the earth. He breathed the breath of life into adams nostrils and he became a living soul. Really, what can we do for Him? Besides just being available for Him to use us as a vessel? Truely, God dose not need our help.

Amen. God does not need anything from us - but I guess that he would probably like it. After all, he loves us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I've been wondering for sometime now about this. If God calls on you to help someone and you refuse too. Will that person go without help? Or would God find another way to see that the person gets the help they need?

He uses us when we are willing with a cheerful heart, He knows our hearts and who is willing. God knows when someone truly is in need, and that is when He touches the hearts of the ones who have the gift of giving with a cheerful heart. He'll always find a way to help the ones who are in "honest" need, whether it be with you or someone else.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Cletus...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God does not need our help. 

The person may or may not go without help. I doubt it's a one answer fits all situations. It could easily be that you were called on to help that person to benefit you, not necessarily the other person so much. 

And God already knows the ultimate of that person anyway, as well as your reaction to the calling.