• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I've been wondering for sometime now about this. If God calls on you to help someone and you refuse too. Will that person go without help? Or would God find another way to see that the person gets the help they need?

God's will be done.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews, from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou are come to the kingdom for sucha a time as this?

Esther 4:14

Mordecai remind Esther that God had put her in this place for such a time as this, but if she refused God could and would deliver the Jews in another way.  I really like what Augustine says in around about way of this issue.  "Without God we cannot,  Without us, God will not."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

What Cletus said! God bless you all. Cletus thanks so much for sharing. What a blessing.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

~

I've been wondering for sometime now about this.

If God calls on you to help someone and you refuse too.

Will that person go without help?

Or would God find another way to see that the person gets the help they need?

~

Say

Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard. Proverbs 21:13

What

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

What~!

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:19-21

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

This is an interesting question. Read Exodus chapter 2. In my Bible (New Living Translation) the last verse reads as follows: 

"25 He looked down on the people of Israel and knew it was time to act."

The following chapter starts with the story of Moses and the burning bush where God persuades Moses to do his will and lead the Israelites out of slavery.

God needs us, many miracles of the Bible are performed through men. If God were to always fix problems on his own, then faithful people wouldn't be necessary.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

God does not need us,He is in need of nothing & no one,,,,,,,He loves us & desires relationship with us.Our obedience to do the Will of God is a good thing for us & for others but His Will will be done with or without us........We serve a Mighty God that has no boundaries & is without limit........but oh,He loves us & uses us and to Him be the Glory!What a Blessing it is indeed,to be a Blessing.........

Thanks to the living testimonies He places in our lives,like Cletus......He demonstrates His Power,His Love,His Mercy,His Compassion.....He is a forgiving God that will have Mercy on who He will have mercy..........

I know my Provider,my Source and He has placed people in my life that are obedient to Him,they serve God in the purpose for which they are called and in return they are bountifully Blessed........and again,we give Him the Glory!We can all be used by God but if we do not follow His calling then He simply uses someone else........this is evident in all of our lives as we meet different people in different situations & times throughout lifes journey,,,,,people will come & go & at times greatly disappoint us but God remain faithful........He is the Great I Am!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I've been wondering for sometime now about this. If God calls on you to help someone and you refuse too. Will that person go without help? Or would God find another way to see that the person gets the help they need?

I've been reading in Samuel recently, with a story that may help answer this question. Granted it's about one nation, Israel, performing God's wrath on another, Amalekites. But, I think it shows that God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. If not through one, then through another:

God commanded Saul to kill all Amalekites for what they had done while the Israelites were traveling through the wilderness from Egypt (Ex 17:8-16)

1Sa 15:1-4 KJV - Samuel also said unto Saul, The LORD sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the LORD.

- Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

- Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

- And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

However, Saul disobeyed. He did not kill the king nor the best of the asses. God commanded him to kill all.

1Sa 15:8-9 - And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

- But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly. 

This displeased the LORD:

1Sa 15:11 KJV - It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

1Sa 15:19 KJV - Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the LORD, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the LORD?

And because of this, Saul's kingship was "rent" from him and given to David. 

1Sa 15:23 KJV - For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

1Sa 15:28 KJV - And Samuel said unto him, The LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou.

1Sa 28:17-18 KJV - And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David:

- Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day.

However, the LORD's will is still carried out by one that was willing to follow the command of the LORD 100%:

1Sa 15:32-33 KJV - Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately. And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past.

- And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal.

The Lord Jesus Christ also gave a commandment that we should treat our neighbors as ourselves if not better (Matt 22:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27). Then proceeded to define exactly what a neighbor was (Luke 10:30-37).

God's will will be carried out in that person's life whether through us or through someone else. If God is calling you to be a blessing to someone, or even to call out someone in their sin/be a sword (Jer 48:10), then be the messenger. You just never know how God may bless someone through you.