Heaven: A Place on Earth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Fluffy clouds and harps aside, what is heaven really like and what is it's true location? Based on a Belinda Carlisle song dating back to 1987, heaven is a place on earth. It was a great song, it was very sweet, but not very convincing in a theological sense. It did serve to highlight the age old question though, where is this place we go to when we die and what is it like there?

Two thousand years ago in Luke 17:21, Jesus Christ spoke of the Kingdom of God, which is a term considered interchangeable and synonymous with the Kingdom of Heaven. Christ told us in that verse that this Kingdom of God (or heaven) is within us, interpreted by some as amidst us. But regardless of which interpretation you use it means the same thing, the Kingdom of God, and heaven has already been with us, right here on earth for a long, long time. The experts of Christ's era were apparently missing that fact, just as we seem to be in our modern era. But with all out angst, poverty, war and injustice, how can heaven possibly be here on earth?

Guest shiloh357

The article is flawed in that it appears that the author assumes Heaven (God's abode) is the same as the "Kingdom of Heaven."   Those are not the same thing.  Heaven is a place that Jesus said He was going to in order to prepare a place for us (John 14:1-3)  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Fluffy clouds and harps aside, what is heaven really like and what is it's true location? Based on a Belinda Carlisle song dating back to 1987, heaven is a place on earth. It was a great song, it was very sweet, but not very convincing in a theological sense. It did serve to highlight the age old question though, where is this place we go to when we die and what is it like there?

Two thousand years ago in Luke 17:21, Jesus Christ spoke of the Kingdom of God, which is a term considered interchangeable and synonymous with the Kingdom of Heaven. Christ told us in that verse that this Kingdom of God (or heaven) is within us, interpreted by some as amidst us. But regardless of which interpretation you use it means the same thing, the Kingdom of God, and heaven has already been with us, right here on earth for a long, long time. The experts of Christ's era were apparently missing that fact, just as we seem to be in our modern era. But with all out angst, poverty, war and injustice, how can heaven possibly be here on earth?

No heaven is not on earth.

....Fluffy clouds and harps aside, what is heaven really like and what is it's true location....

....Two thousand years ago in Luke 17:21, Jesus Christ spoke of the Kingdom of God, which is a term considered interchangeable and synonymous with the Kingdom of Heaven.....

....Christ told us in that verse that this Kingdom of God (or heaven) is within us, interpreted by some as amidst us....

....But regardless of which interpretation you use it means the same thing....

....the Kingdom of God, and heaven has already been with us, right here on earth for a long, long time....

....The experts of Christ's era were apparently missing that fact, just as we seem to be in our modern era.....

....But with all out angst, poverty, war and injustice....

....how can heaven possibly be here on earth....

....No, heaven is not on earth....

:thumbsup:

Heaven?

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

It Is After

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

The Cosmos

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10

So

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Where's The Beef?

The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

For in one hour so great riches is come to nought.

And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying,

What city is like unto this great city!

And they cast dust on their heads, and cried,

weeping and wailing, saying,

Alas, alas, that great city,

wherein were made rich

all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate. Revelation 18:15-19

Boo Hoo~!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Is not God’s home the kingdom of God? 

Jesus told us that Heaven and Earth would pass away.  Seems he was telling us Heaven was separate from Earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,

Heaven probably is right here but perhaps it is in another realm,merely another dimension.........ahhh,sweet mysteries of God,as long as I am in it & with my Lord I do not care where Heaven is.........                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Blessings Everyone,

Heaven probably is right here but perhaps it is in another realm,merely another dimension.........ahhh,sweet mysteries of God,as long as I am in it & with my Lord I do not care where Heaven is.........                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

I'm glad to finally hear someone else besides me use that idea of "dimension". That's exactly how God's Word describes it, being behind a vail (see Isaiah 25).

Edited by Salty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Salty...

I realize these are speculation but  this is what I think.......I mean God is not bound by space or time,there is a spirit realm,,,,,I believe Jesus walked from one dimension to the other in the upper room...............I don;t mean to sound like a sci-fi movie but we are only beginning .........

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then shall I know, even as also I am known.

to take a peek.....                                                                                                                           With love in Christ,Kwik

King James Bible
Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you                                                                  John 20:19