• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Does a believer need a destiny helper?

What is the meaning of a destiny helper?

who is our destiny helper?

does bible support a believer to pray to God for a destiny helper,

what do you guys make of this Quote,

Untill you locate your destiny helper,

you may never arrive at your divine location,

any passage in the bible support this quote above?

I have the believe that some people that call them self a believer,

does not read the bible with a common understanding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have never heard of such a thing.   The Holy Spirit is our helper.  He is our guide and our comforter.  We have the Scriptures as our guide as well.  We are told to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and He will supply our needs.  

No I don't think a "destiny helper" is scriptural.  A helpmate, a wife is scriptural.  Perhaps that is what they are referring to.  If not, let it go.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Jerry

Hi Jerry, I do believe that believers need other believers to help them along in their purpose and calling from God.

I think a better or the more popular (acceptable) term to use in the english language to describe a destiny helper is a "Christian Mentor" in the faith.

Who is our destiny helper?

I want to say first and foremost that God is our "ultimate" destiny helper in life as believers. Jesus Christ is the author (Beginner) and "finisher" (completion) of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). Apostle Paul said "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath "begun" a good work in you "will perform" it UNTIL the day of Jesus Christ. Scripture tells us that "God is a very present help in times of trouble" (Psalms 46:1). Our help is in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Psalms 124:8). King David (Psalms 27:9)spoke to the Lord and said to God "thou hast been my help". King David again (Psalms 40:13) in prayer to God prayed to the Lord to "make haste to help him". There are other scriptures that lets us know God is our ultimate helper in our Christian walk with HIM and it is He that will complete our "eternal" destinies. As believers we should be sensitive to the Spirit of God in our lives and allow God to work in our hearts and minds, "that we may obtain the prize of the high calling of God" as the apostle Paul said(Philippians 3:14). Believers need and should allow the influence of the Spirit of God to transform their lives through prayer and reading and studying the scriptures rightly dividing the Word, as ALL scripture is givien by inspiration of God for...

I do believe wholeheartedly that God does use other fellow believers in the faith to help us along in our journey. I believe that God does divinely position people in our lives to help us in the faith to realize our goals, visions and dreams that we were divinely created for. There are oodles of scripture where God used ordinary people to help other believers reach their purpose and destinies. The first one that comes to mind is the apostle Paul although now he is with with the Lord. But God is still using the apostle Paul's life his faithfulness and dedication to God during his time on earth, "as a pattern to the believers to follow after" (1 Timothy 1:16) to this very day. I would say as a fellow believer that apostle Paul is one of my personal destiny helpers (mentors) in the faith that God is using. Both the holy prophets and apostles left us a heck of and an awesome legacy in the faith (Hebrews 12).

Elijah was a mentor to Elisha. Elisa received a double portion of God's Spirit within his life and that would not have happened without Elijah. Whenever Paul was converted (Acts 9)and knocked off his horse and blinded by the light. God told him to go down to Anninias house. Anninias was a divine mentor and helper to Paul. Though at the first Anninias was afraid of the apostle Paul because he caused the death of a lot of the saints prior to his conversion. But God used Anninias in Paul's life to help him understand things and layed hands on him and he recieved his sight back. Jethro was a divine helper to Moses and gave him wisdom from God to help him in his calling from God. Aaron was a divine helper to Moses and spoke on Moses behalf because Moses was slow of speech. Moses was a mentor (destiny helper) to Joshua to equip and prepare him for leadership after his death. Joshua in his life time did what Moses couldn't do. Joshua led the children of Israel into the "promised land".

I don't think that there is only per say one mentor or divine helper or person in this life that only God will use to help us to fulfill our calling and purpose in God per say. But God can only use just one if he so wishes to do his divine will. I tend to believe that God does divinely position and use various numbers of people or (helpers) throughout our Christian walk and lifetime on earth (2 Corinthians 1:24; 3 John 1:8; Romans 16; Ephesians 4:11-12). God does use his people to help other believers in the work of the Lord to which they have been called unto. God divinely used Philip the evangelist in the Ethiopian's life (8:26-40). God divinely uses his body (the saints, the Church) divinely as he wills in the gifts and calling of God upon our lives. I know I can give personal testimony of how God divinely used people to help me in my Christian walk.

Does the Bible support a believer to pray for a destiny helper?

I believe that a believer should direct their prayers to our Heavenly Father and make our request known to Him asking in faith in the name of Jesus and that whatever we do we should do it all in Jesus name. If we need help in this life we should trust in God and God knows firsthand what we are in need of. And if it is just one individual person that comes along our way and encourages or prays or weeps with us. Then God will divinely position such a person and place them in my life to build me up in the faith. God knows in our lifetime if we will need many people or only a few people that will help us in our Christian walk that we may finish the race that is set before us. We should ask and pray and ask for God's help and he will act accordingly to his will and his time and not our wills nor our time. He will meet our needs according to his riches in glory. And God owns the cattle on a thousand hills so everything on this earth including man is his to use however he deems necessary to help us in life and in our calling and divine purpose in which we were created for.

what do you guys think of this Ouote,
Untill you locate your destiny helper,
any passage in the bible to support this quote above?

I would say that this is true. In the fact that if a person (unbelievers) never meets and accepts the "person" of Jesus Christ into their lives they will never arrive at their divine location or fulfill their purpose in the plan and will of God. If a person is not IN Christ and made a new creature then they are without hope therefore are without divine help from God of anykind without Christ. But with Christ eye hath not seen nor ear heard of what God has layed up in store for us, and all his promises are yes and amen.

I hope what I have said helps to bring understanding to a definition of a destiny helper which is a Christian mentor(s). However the term "destiny helper" itself is not found in the scripures. I think the scriptures that I've mentioned thus far can be used as a reference for this question.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

When I saw the title on this topic, I assumed it was something similar to a pact for assisted suicide. No offense, but when I discovered exactly what "destiny helper" implied, it sounded a bit New Age for me... the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. So, put one more vote for the Holy Spirit on my account. Thank you.

Shalom

David/BeauJangles 

• Group:  Advanced Member

I have never heard of such a thing. The Holy Spirit is our helper. He is our guide and our comforter. We have the Scriptures as our guide as well. We are told to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and He will supply our needs.

No I don't think a "destiny helper" is scriptural. A helpmate, a wife is scriptural. Perhaps that is what they are referring to. If not, let it go.

I ask this question based on what i heard,

Direct from a preacher mouth,

The topice of his message,

Talks about a destiny helper,

God promise to give us a pastors according to His own heart,that will feed us with wisdom and understanding,

Jeremiah 3:15"

The preacher said boldly that every believer need a destiny helper,

That will help him to archiev his goal in life,

he encourage every believer to pray to God,to send our destiny helper on our way,

without our destiny helper, we may not get to our divine location,

He mention the story of Joesph in the prison,

Genesis 41:9-14"

Well i only ask the question,

because the sermon was intresting,

I just want to get the full meaning of a destiny helper..

I know the Holy Spirit as a helper,

and ultimately God is our number one helper,

I mean physical destiny helper,

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Could the destiny helper be the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

People who become saved often rely on the person who brought them to salvation to guide them on the right path at the beginning, they sometimes are called your spiritual father/mother. Although there comes a time when the training wheels need to come off, and the only person we should rely on after that is Jesus. He is in charge of our destiny according to our faith in Him...  

• Group:  Advanced Member

No just to answer you question directly,

I google the meaning of a destiny helper,google did not says Holy Spirit,

neither did the bible said so,

google made me to understand that, A destiny helper is someone that God have postion to help people to archiev their aim in life,

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

No just to answer you question directly,

I google the meaning of a destiny helper,google did not says Holy Spirit,

neither did the bible said so,

google made me to understand that, A destiny helper is someone that God have postion to help people to archiev their aim in life,

Never heard of it.... however I will say that a destiny helper (from the definition given) is not needed.