• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Brothers and Sisters.

Last year I posted a topic here in Worthy Q&A asking help for my anger issues (), and I am happy to report that there have already been much improvement on my self-control -- thanks to all your help :)

But I don't want to talk much about this right now; I only want to share the good news with you all. For though there have been improvements, I still struggle, and this is still a sensitive and energy-draining

issue for me.

Just this early morning Satan has come attacking again, trying to light my anger, and armed with weapons that had been successful in the past: noise, and hard-headed young people who have no respect for their neighbors. I did not lose it -- I've been calm and forceful -- but I came close, and I felt again the seething anger within me. Blessedly, I remembered to run to Jesus, and poured my tears and heart out to him, and so I am again filled and enveloped with his peace. Also, because I have a lot of things to do and can't afford to be sidetracked by the devil's attacks -- I really need peace and relative silence in our house -- I have asked God to protect me, fight for me, and send his angels to encamp around me, and also to lessen the levels of noise. Please pray with me about this, Brothers and Sisters.

Again, thank you all, and I am very glad that I have a family here in Worthy -- a family that I can share my troubles and my victories with.

~

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

praying

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

We all have our own struggles in life. Being a truck driver, I will often have to deal with anger over things other drivers do, but like you, I am doing better than I used to. I am less likely to blurt out bad names (not curse words, just comments like "stupid idiot,") than I was before over someone cutting me off or doing something else that is irritating. I haven't completely overcome anger issues, but I am doing better than before, and I try to immediately confess my sins to God when I cross the line and sin in my anger. I am glad you are doing better brother. I certainly can relate.

Thanks. I drive a motorcycle, and here in the Philippines where it's been said that foreigners are afraid to drive because of our lack of road discipline (lax procedures for getting a driving license being just one of the reasons), there have been indeed instances when my anger was kindled while I was on the road and driving. In fact, what prompted me to start the original thread was a near-accident that I had with an ego-filled tricycle driver. My mother was my backride at that time, and I was really angry.

And now that you remind me of it, I have to say that I am doing better too controlling my anger while I'm on the bike :)

~

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

As you probably already are aware, anger stems from some kind of desire that you have that is being thwarted.  I was taught that to rid oneself of anger, you've got to get at the root of the problem, which is your desires:  for quiet, for respect, for peace, justice, whatever it is.  take me, for example.  i tend to become angry if i feel i'm not being treated fairly.  but i must accept with thanks the circumstances God gives me every moment.  remember:  what right does the clay have to say to the potter . . . . . .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Sing unto the Lord a new song

Praise Jesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dak!

It is good to hear you have made progress in this area,which can be quite a stronghold ......Glory to God!

1 John 4:4New International Version (NIV)

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

The more you decrease ,the more Christ can increase...............we are all a process!                        Wit love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Anger and wrath, these also are abominations,
    and the sinful man will possess them.

Sirach 27:30

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Prozac.....

I see you have quoted from the Apocrypha,are you catholic?  Have a Blessed day ,Glory to God!                                 With love,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes I am Catholic and only after I posted I realised that some english Bibles do not contain that book at all.