• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Faith in science VS Faith in god

As I sit here today....I loved Jurassic park movies and dinosaurs, but I can't prove to myself dinosaurs were alive in the flesh. And that the Earth and sun are billions of years old. I can freeze water at 32 degrees. I can burn objects with fire, but I cannot honestly prove to myself that there is anything beyond the sphere of this Earth.  The playpen as I call it.  I look up and see all this stuff, I don't really really know its there.  You could say, well just get a telescope, again, I can't fly so I don't know whats up there.   An atheist could say the same thing about the bible.  There is no physical proof.  Yet we experience miracles all the time. And we quickly forget like Israel following Moses after leaving Egypt. Or the disciples that forgot how Jesus fed them with a miracle earlier.     To those with Faith no proof is necessary, to those who dont believe no proof is possible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Even the big bang requires faith

You are so right! So does the theory of evolution. I'm thinking of writing a book on that one. To many "one in a million" chances that would need to happen. I have a better chance of winning the lottery's big prize 10 times in a row.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I know that secular history has the Sumerians inventing glue 1,000 years before Adam and Eve were created.  As far as a big bang goes, there is faith involved.  Where did the dynamite come from?  Magic I guess.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I know that secular history has the Sumerians inventing glue 1,000 years before Adam and Eve were created.  As far as a big bang goes, there is faith involved.  Where did the dynamite come from?  Magic I guess.

Hummm, magic before humans. Cool!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I frankly don't find it relevant at all whether or not the Big Bang occurred to God's existence. The Big Bang model is fairly well established empirically and therefore I accept it. My current faith in God would not be shaken if tomorrow major findings somehow controverted it. Likewise, my belief that God created everything in existence would not be threatened if somehow it were empirically established there are multiverses. Taking the discussion to that place doesn't seem like a particularly fruitful direction as far as I can tell.

I don't think it fundamentally think it takes faith to accept the Big Bang, unless you also think it takes faith to accept the existence of electrons or the existence of the electromagnetic force. Faith, though, doesn't seem to be believing in stuff despite lacking evidence. It seems to come about as a response to an interaction with God. I don't have that sort of faith in anything else except God and His works.