• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I personally find the King James Bible to be error filled.  I don't believe this way, because of any study, but because the Holy Spirit has pointed out errors as I have read that translation.

Personally it does not make much difference to me what bible I read, because Jesus/Holy Spirit will give me the correct meaning of any verse.

Wow and I thought The Holy Spirit gave us this responsibility:

2 Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that

needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

KJV

As I understand it God gives me the responsibility to study and then upon that

obedience His Holy Spirit guides me into the truth that will never pass away...

Love, Steven

Study?  What do you study?  Do you study some other persons understanding of God/God’s written Word? 

If you study someone else’s understanding about God, then you are just making an assumption he or she had the correct understanding, is that not right?

The only way one can come to know God is to allow God to teach him or her.  Do you believe you/or anyone else is a better teacher then God?

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Edited by OneLight
no need to holler ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Study?  What do you study?  Do you study some other persons understanding of God/God’s written Word?

The Word of God is a directive to us as to life and how to live it here in the death...

so by reliance on God's Spirit through teachers I learn the miracle of knowing God and

what He wants from me as His individual for a collective purpose of His Glory...

Eph 4:11-15

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting

of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the

body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and

of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the

measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we

henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about

with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning

craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the

truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head,

even Christ:

KJV

If you study someone else’s understanding about God, then you are just making an assumption he or she had the correct understanding, is that not right?

By the above verse and testing the spirit of all messages that is given me by The Word I am

lead by God The Holy Spirit into all truth... it is a work of prayer and searching with all

of the mind, heart and strength and I never give up for in it is life to me... Plus as I do

as His Word instructs me I also have God's blessed promise of finding:

Jer 29:11-13

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,

thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and

I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when

ye shall search for me with all your heart.

KJV

The only way one can come to know God is to allow God to teach him or her.  Do you believe you/or anyone else is a better teacher then God?

This is a novice understanding as the whole council of God tells us to utilize His Word on the how of everything.

You have completely ignored what God says through Paul of how God expects us to learn from His Holy Spirit...

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

This is the most misunderstood passage of Scripture and it is well represented here to its meaning:

When the apostle asserted that believers do not need other teachers, he was not advocating

a mystical anti-intellectualism that spurns all human teachers. On the contrary, the Lord

has given the church godly pastors, elders, and teachers “for the equipping of the saints

for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” (Eph 4:12; cf. v. 11; 1 Cor 12:28).

John's point is that believers must not rely on human wisdom or man-centered philosophy (cf. 1 Cor 1:18-2:9; Col 2:8)

but on the teaching of God's Word by Spirit-gifted human teachers and the illuminating work

of the Holy Spirit.

Here's a good treatise on the whole subject:

http://www.gotquestions.org/judge-teachings-leaders.html

Love, Steven

The Word of God is a directive to us as to life and how to live it here in the death...

so by reliance on God's Spirit through teachers I learn the miracle of knowing God and

what He wants from me as His individual for a collective purpose of His Glory...

even Christ:

KJV

By the above verse and testing the spirit of all messages that is given me by The Word I am

lead by God The Holy Spirit into all truth... it is a work of prayer and searching with all

of the mind, heart and strength and I never give up for in it is life to me... Plus as I do

KJV

This is a novice understanding as the whole council of God tells us to utilize His Word on the how of everything.

You have completely ignored what God says through Paul of how God expects us to learn from His Holy Spirit...

This is the most misunderstood passage of Scripture and it is well represented here to its meaning:

When the apostle asserted that believers do not need other teachers, he was not advocating

a mystical anti-intellectualism that spurns all human teachers. On the contrary, the Lord

has given the church godly pastors, elders, and teachers “for the equipping of the saints

for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” (Eph 4:12; cf. v. 11; 1 Cor 12:28).

John's point is that believers must not rely on human wisdom or man-centered philosophy (cf. 1 Cor 1:18-2:9; Col 2:8)

but on the teaching of God's Word by Spirit-gifted human teachers and the illuminating work

of the Holy Spirit.

Love, Steven

You could not answer my question about studying other people’s understanding of God, so you used your understanding of scripture to say I am wrong.

Paul told us the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or her.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.” 

Paul also told us the one would behave as the Holy Spirit dictates.  Now the Holy Spirit is only going to dictate the written Word of God.  That is something one can trust.  No one can trust what man dictates, unless he or she ask Jesus if what man dictated is right or wrong.  Again it is God teach us about God.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

So you tell me that I misunderstood what John said about the Holy Spirit teaching Christians everything.

Just how dumb does one need to be not to understand what John wrote?  Remember John’s writings are the written Word of God.  There is no hidden message in John’s writings. 

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”  Very simple and fifth grade student can read it and understand what John wrote.

The Holy Spirit did not put Words in the Bible that were so hard to understand the one needs a degree in theology to understand.

No one needs a degree in theology to come to understand man’s lies about the written Word of God.

Edited by OneLight
PLease stop using oversized font. It is like you are screaming in someones face.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

You could not answer my question about studying other people’s understanding of God, so you used your understanding of scripture to say I am wrong.

Paul told us the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or her.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.” 

Paul also told us the one would behave as the Holy Spirit dictates.  Now the Holy Spirit is only going to dictate the written Word of God.  That is something one can trust.  No one can trust what man dictates, unless he or she ask Jesus if what man dictated is right or wrong.  Again it is God teach us about God.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

So you tell me that I misunderstood what John said about the Holy Spirit teaching Christians everything.

You speak of the teaching of Paul, and the gifts of the Spirit, one which is teaching, then you turn around and claim teaching is not to be accepted.   Scripture does not tell us to be a loan ranger or an island.  We are all part of one body, each given a gift to use for the whole body, along with the offices He created, as found in 1 Corinthians 12. 

Just how dumb does one need to be not to understand what John wrote?  Remember John’s writings are the written Word of God.  There is no hidden message in John’s writings.

Personal insults are not accepted here.  Please refrain from such comments.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”  Very simple and fifth grade student can read it and understand what John wrote.

The Holy Spirit did not put Words in the Bible that were so hard to understand the one needs a degree in theology to understand.

No one needs a degree in theology to come to understand man’s lies about the written Word of God.

You are right, scripture is for all who desire a closer walk with God, and it is wise to measure scripture with scripture, not take one verse out of scripture and act as if it is the only answer.

Perhaps it would be wise for you to explain more why you refuse to take teaching from someone who has been given the gift of a teacher by the Holy Spirit. I really don't thing anyone here is referring to any teachings from someone who does not follow God.

By the way, please us normal font.  Online etiquette establishes that increasing the font while using color and bold is like screaming in someones face and is considered very rude and unacceptable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just a personal witness left in this direction :) I learn from everyone I come into contact with

saved or unsaved but all of it is brought under the scrutiny of Scripture... for instance I have

learned from you in this dialogue! Thank you, love, Steven

Just a personal witness left in this direction :) I learn from everyone I come into contact with

saved or unsaved but all of it is brought under the scrutiny of Scripture... for instance I have

learned from you in this dialogue! Thank you, love, Steven

You did not say what you have learned.  I am not hear to teach.  

even Christ:

KJV

KJV

of the Holy Spirit.

Love, Steven

When Jesus first called me into his ministry I asked him what seminary to attend.  Jesus told me:" NO! Don't read about me, I will teach you about me."  Soon after Jesus told me that, the Holy Spirit told me to tell people that no matter who tells them anything about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

Jesus/Holy Spirit is my teacher.  

Jesus has personally told me he is God, and that the Christian Bible is his written Word.  By the way the only bible I had at that time was a Jerusalem Bible, and Jesus told me to get more into it.  Jesus has used that bible to help teach me about him.

Jesus has shown himself to me, and has called me out by name.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

So you don't like to see scripture highlighted in bold, and red, well for you I will not do so anymore.  Now tell me is that a forum rule, or just your personal dislike? 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I guess those Bereans just didn't get it....

So I guess you've got Daniel and Revelation all sewn up then?

The Bible itself commends study....of the Bible....sometimes understanding turns out to be more of a misunderstanding

Is there a gift given to anyone that ensures that the holder thereof needs no correction?  I'm certainly not aware of such a gift nor has the Holy Spirit ever said to me that He

has endowed some with perfect knowledge in spite of the fact that even Paul said we do not see things clearly

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Do you consider a special dispensation here?

God has written in the Lamb's Book of Life the names of ALL who are His.  

I have the impression you may believe you have some sort of a relationship that is unique and yet God declares we are all of individual and special interest to Him.

I think you may be kind of skating on thin ice and are going to fast to see the signs

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Do you consider a special dispensation here?

God has written in the Lamb's Book of Life the names of ALL who are His.  

I have the impression you may believe you have some sort of a relationship that is unique and yet God declares we are all of individual and special interest to Him.

I think you may be kind of skating on thin ice and are going to fast to see the signs

Actually no I dont think he is, there is truth to what he says. when I became saved I didnt want to be taught by others who god is or what it means to be a Christian because I figured who better to teach me than God himself? so with my bible and Christian music I secluded my self in my room for months to seek God learn who he is and build a true relationship with him and I had many encounters with God in my roim I even felt the holy spirit fill my room. i could almost see it I would walk out of my room to eat or something and the presence could be felt but the second I stepped in my room there he was filling my room.

John never claimed to be special and was being honest and honestly your assumption was not cool