• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

How can one know if someone is an anointed/spirit filled teacher?   What church has authority from God to appoint someone to any office of teacher, bishop, etc.?

Think of this people John tells us that one who sins is of the devil, so if one's teacher about God sins he or she is of the devil.  That tells me most people are being taught about God by the devil, because most people believe everyone still sins.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Notice what John says is from the written Word of God/Bible.  

I have been taught about God by God, and what I have been taught is all from the written Word of God/Bible.

You could not answer my question about studying other people’s understanding of God, so you used your understanding of scripture to say I am wrong.

Paul told us the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or her.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.” 

Paul also told us the one would behave as the Holy Spirit dictates.  Now the Holy Spirit is only going to dictate the written Word of God.  That is something one can trust.  No one can trust what man dictates, unless he or she ask Jesus if what man dictated is right or wrong.  Again it is God teach us about God.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

So you tell me that I misunderstood what John said about the Holy Spirit teaching Christians everything.

Just how dumb does one need to be not to understand what John wrote?  Remember John’s writings are the written Word of God.  There is no hidden message in John’s writings. 

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”  Very simple and fifth grade student can read it and understand what John wrote.

The Holy Spirit did not put Words in the Bible that were so hard to understand the one needs a degree in theology to understand.

No one needs a degree in theology to come to understand man’s lies about the written Word of God.

Just a personal witness left in this direction :) I learn from everyone I come into contact with

saved or unsaved but all of it is brought under the scrutiny of Scripture... for instance I have

learned from you in this dialogue! Thank you, love, Steven

I agree, God can and does use anyone, anything, and any situation as His mouth piece to get the message through to us the way He know we'll be able to receive it and respond to it - that includes use of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as stated in 1 Corinthians 12 and the correct application of those gifts as stated in 1 Corinthians 13.

You quote much scripture, but it escapes me as to what you seem to be saying.

It seems you talk about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and offices of the Church.

Yet what is the Church of God’s?

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

The message is in the verses. The Holy Spirit has set up an office of teacher. To claim we should not be taught from anyone but the Holy Spirit is discounting His office He set up. God has anointed some to teach, otherwise there would be no office for teaching.

As for bringing in the Roman Catholic Church and Greek Orthodox church, be advices we do not allow any teaching from their doctrine nor do we allow any bashing of either church.

Show me scripture that says a Spiritual Christian needs to be taught about God by anyone but the Holy Spirit.  I quoted scripture that said only God can bring one to know God.  Show me you know what you are talking about.

I'll show you if you show me first :)

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

How can one know if someone is an anointed/spirit filled teacher?

They will produce the Words of God in their activity of life so that what they say

they do... thus God says:

Matt 7:14-16

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which

leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15 Beware

of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but

inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by

their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of

thistles?

KJV

simply God's Words will produce God's desires in man...

What church has authority from God to appoint someone to any office of teacher, bishop, etc.?

They become apparent by their gifting of God The Holy Spirit... God appoints by the

self evidence of what they become in Christ's Jesus body 'The Church'

Eph 4:11-12

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting

of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of

the body of Christ:

KJV

Think of this people John tells us that one who sins is of the devil, so if one's teacher about God sins he or she is of the devil.

Where you need to work is the realization that it 'IS' God in us working out to us

our salvation... we are born not of corruptible seed but of in corruptible

1 Peter 1:23-25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,

by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all

flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.

The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the

word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by

the gospel is preached unto you.

KJV

there is not, while in The Spirit, one of us that abides in the righteousness of

God in our own merit or ability to maintain... but merely we put on the coat of His Blood

over our being so that no work of righteousness is done apart from His that was finished

on the cross of His Glory... I have God's Life within me not by deserve but by grace and

that debt is the accomplished worship in God The Son for 'ALL' eternity!

That tells me most people are being taught about God by the devil, because most people believe everyone still sins.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

I have been taught about God by God, and what I have been taught is all from the written Word of God/Bible.

You see we teach the authority of God in His Word and in that authority God, in all of His infinite glory,

finds pleasure in the presentation through man! Is this not John chapter One and

are we not trying to bring this body into conformity of Christ likeness by The Power of God through The

Holy Spirit? This unity of God you are trying to divide out by the first born processes of mind and reason

is either from new born or no born... Prayer for you! Love, Steven

They will produce the Words of God in their activity of life so that what they say

thistles?

KJV

What church has authority from God to appoint someone to any office of teacher, bishop, etc.?

They become apparent by their gifting of God The Holy Spirit... God appoints by the

the body of Christ:

KJV

Think of this people John tells us that one who sins is of the devil, so if one's teacher about God sins he or she is of the devil.

Where you need to work is the realization that it 'IS' God in us working out to us

KJV

there is not, while in The Spirit, one of us that abides in the righteousness of

God in our own merit or ability to maintain... but merely we put on the coat of His Blood

over our being so that no work of righteousness is done apart from His that was finished

on the cross of His Glory... I have God's Life within me not by deserve but by grace and

That tells me most people are being taught about God by the devil, because most people believe everyone still sins.

You see we teach the authority of God in His Word and in that authority God, in all of His infinite glory,

finds pleasure in the presentation through man! Is this not John chapter One and

are we not trying to bring this body into conformity of Christ likeness by The Power of God through The

Holy Spirit? This unity of God you are trying to divide out by the first born processes of mind and reason

Who is we, and how did you receive your authority to teach about God?  Why should anyone believe you are teaching the truth?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Who is we, and how did you receive your authority to teach about God?  Why should anyone believe you are teaching the truth?

we 'IS' by examination of God's Word to the intent of God

for the eternal keeping of God formed from that Word...

You see with your mind you see division but with God and

God's things no division...

John 17:11-17

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in

the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through

thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they

may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the

world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest

me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son

of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in

the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in

themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world

hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even

as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou

shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou

shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of

the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify

them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

KJV

as long as you demand division God's Word will be divided to you!

Love, Steven

we 'IS' by examination of God's Word to the intent of God

for the eternal keeping of God formed from that Word...

You see with your mind you see division but with God and

God's things no division...

John 17:11-17

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in

the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through

thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they

may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the

world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest

me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son

of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in

the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in

themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world

hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even

as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou

shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou

shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of

the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify

them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

KJV

as long as you demand division God's Word will be divided to you!

Love, Steven

Steve, none of what you posted answered my questions.  Who gave you authority teach?  Studying the bible does not give one authority to teach about God.  Knowing the written Word does not give one any authority at all.  Satan I am sure knows the bible.  Can Satan teach about God?

What I hear from you is that anyone who disagrees with you is dividing they body of Christ.  Does your theology agree with the largest body of Christ?  Is not the Catholic Church the largest Christian denomination?  

So then just who am I dividing, what body of Christians? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

thistles?

KJV

the body of Christ:

KJV

KJV

john we are all taught to teach about God by the holy spirit, i dont know why u are so firm in there not being teachers but I can see you already made your mind up to not accept the truth and not see it as truth. As I said if u are not willing to learn to learn you will never grow, if you despise correction you will become arrogent.

the bible often teaches about learning from the wise and about edification and u have been shown plenty of scripture that poroves how and why we need teachers but you refused to accept it. However we cannot accept parts of the bible and ignore the rest because it defies our beliefs. If parts of the bible contridict our beliefs the issue isnt the bible the issue iis us

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Study?  What do you study?  Do you study some other persons understanding of God/God’s written Word? 

If you study someone else’s understanding about God, then you are just making an assumption he or she had the correct understanding, is that not right?

The only way one can come to know God is to allow God to teach him or her.  Do you believe you/or anyone else is a better teacher then God?

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

I understand your concern. I once shared some of them. For me it was about pride. How most "teachers" I've ever seen say your in sin if you disagree with them about the bible. You "have" to obey everything they say about the bible or your sin. Your not allowed to have a different opinion on the teachings of the bible than them or your in sin. It's like most people who "teach" will tell you they are flawed, but yet they are never, ever wrong about anything, like there understanding is perfect. Again,  Although they will say they make mistakes, they are never wrong on anything about the bible like they are perfect.

Now my own common sense and understanding of the bible tells me nobody's understanding ( including mine ) is complete and without error. All of us fall short. God, through the Holy spirit slowly helped me see that it was not the person I was listening to but his Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will always be in agreement with the word. Was I prideful enough to say that I was the only person with the Holy Spirit inside them? Since the Holy Spirit is inside more than just me, then it's not just the people I am refusing to listen to, but the Holy Spirit within them also. If it's the same Holy Spirit teaching, then what does it matter if it's the Holy Spirit through me or another. I mean really stop and ask yourself some questions. ( I am asking these rhetorical, and not wanting a response).

1. Are you the only person on earth with the Holy Spirit within them? 

2. If more than just you has the Holy Spirit within them, then what does it matter whether the teaching and instruction comes through you or another? As long as it's the Holy Spirit in full agreement with the word?

3. If we have no need of teachers, then there is no gifts of the Spirit, and no need of fellowship.

I understand the battle with not wanting to submit to man. With not wanting to stroke his ego. With not wanting to bow down and obey him and every word they say like they are God and I am a nothing piece of trash. Which is how I perceived being taught. Being taught meant I had to submit to them, to admit they are better than me. What God taught me was it was my very own perception and self-worth that was wrong, and not the thought of having teachers. Because if others do have the Holy Spirit, then it is God I am refusing to learn from. This whole struggle for me really helped me a lot, because it was through this very topic that I learned to draw my identity from Jesus Christ and the Word, and not through my accomplishments.  The teaching gift is from God, just like the Prophet, Apostle, Pastor, or Evangelist. They all have there place in the body of Christ. I will pray for you and that you find peace and God's truth on this.

God Bless You

Firestormx

Joseph

Edited by OneLight
removed questionable content about kissing ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Your implementation of this passage is incorrect.  Paul is comparing the teaching of this world to the teaching Christians follow.  Through the teachings of many whom the Holy Spirit has set up, He moves through them to bring the truth to those who follow Christ.  Man is not perfect, but He still chooses willing people to bring His message to all who listen.  Then, when we are taught something, we, as the Bereans' did, search scripture to see if what we are taught lines up with scripture through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

John, nobody is claiming that the Holy Spirit does not teach, only that He has set up teachers for His purpose.  For some reason, you ignore this, claiming that we don't need people He chose to do His work and will on this earth.  In part, you fail to believe scripture when we plainly see that teachers are a part of His body.  Instead of accepting what He has laid out for us to follow, you have become the part that rejects other parts of His body.

1 Corinthians 12:20-21

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

You are saying that you have no need for an office He has set up, which is going against scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I understand your concern. I once shared some of them. For me it was about pride. How most "teachers" I've ever seen say your in sin if you disagree with them about the bible. You "have" to obey everything they say about the bible or your sin. Your not allowed to have a different opinion on the teachings of the bible than them or your in sin. It's like most people who "teach" will tell you they are flawed, but yet they are never, ever wrong about anything, like there understanding is perfect. Again,  Although they will say they make mistakes, they are never wrong on anything about the bible like they are perfect.

Now my own common sense and understanding of the bible tells me nobody's understanding ( including mine ) is complete and without error. All of us fall short. God, through the Holy spirit slowly helped me see that it was not the person I was listening to but his Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will always be in agreement with the word. Was I prideful enough to say that I was the only person with the Holy Spirit inside them? Since the Holy Spirit is inside more than just me, then it's not just the people I am refusing to listen to, but the Holy Spirit within them also. If it's the same Holy Spirit teaching, then what does it matter if it's the Holy Spirit through me or another. I mean really stop and ask yourself some questions. ( I am asking these rhetorical, and not wanting a response).

1. Are you the only person on earth with the Holy Spirit within them? 

2. If more than just you has the Holy Spirit within them, then what does it matter whether the teaching and instruction comes through you or another? As long as it's the Holy Spirit in full agreement with the word?

3. If we have no need of teachers, then there is no gifts of the Spirit, and no need of fellowship.

I understand the battle with not wanting to submit to man. With not wanting to stroke his ego. With not wanting to bow down and obey him and every word they say like they are God and I am a nothing piece of trash. Which is how I perceived being taught. Being taught meant I had to submit to them, to admit they are better than me. What God taught me was it was my very own perception and self-worth that was wrong, and not the thought of having teachers. Because if others do have the Holy Spirit, then it is God I am refusing to learn from. This whole struggle for me really helped me a lot, because it was through this very topic that I learned to draw my identity from Jesus Christ and the Word, and not through my accomplishments.  The teaching gift is from God, just like the Prophet, Apostle, Pastor, or Evangelist. They all have there place in the body of Christ. I will pray for you and that you find peace and God's truth on this.

God Bless You

Firestormx

Joseph

A teacher who disallows questions is not a teacher, but a dictator. I would venture to say that we all have been exposed to such a person as we search for the truth. These are to be avoided like the plague. They often result in cultist followings.