Johnlove

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

You quote much scripture, but it escapes me as to what you seem to be saying.

It seems you talk about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and offices of the Church.

Yet what is the Church of God’s?

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

So help me understand what you're saying here Johnlove... You are excluding anyone who is evangelical/protestant as having any authroity from God?   :help:

If so... Wow. You are excluding then about 1/4 of the Church then... :hmmm:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Do you still sin?  If you do then John says you have never seen God nor know God.  Can someone who does not know God be anointed to teach about God?

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Please help me understand you here in this part. Are you saying you are now without sin, and that you don't sin anymore?

I know God, have seen Jesus/God, and he has called me out by name.

You quote much scripture, but it escapes me as to what you seem to be saying.

It seems you talk about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and offices of the Church.

Yet what is the Church of God’s?

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

So help me understand what you're saying here Johnlove... You are excluding anyone who is evangelical/protestant as having any authroity from God?   :help:

If so... Wow. You are excluding then about 1/4 of the Church then... :hmmm:

I don't believe that it is me who excluded a forth of the church.  Unless you can show me where the protestant church got any authority from God, it is those churches who excluded themselves from God's authority.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Do you still sin?  If you do then John says you have never seen God nor know God.  Can someone who does not know God be anointed to teach about God?

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Please help me understand you here in this part. Are you saying you are now without sin, and that you don't sin anymore?

Nice attempt to avoid my question. But I don't see nor do I understand how this is a answer. So....

1. Are you without sin, yes or no?

2. do you still sin, yes or no?

Nice attempt to avoid my question. But I don't see nor do I understand how this is a answer. So....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Why can't you give me a simple yes or no? I don't understand your response and I don't want to assume I know what you are saying? Will you please clarify what you mean by

"Do you still sin? If you do then John says you have never seen God nor know God. Can someone who does not know God be anointed to teach about God?"

and

"I know God, have seen Jesus/God, and he has called me out by name."

How do we know this is true?

I don't believe that it is me who excluded a forth of the church.  Unless you can show me where the protestant church got any authority from God, it is those churches who excluded themselves from God's authority.

Please show me where the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church got their authority from God? You have made the claim Johnlove. The burden of proof first falls on you.

I answered your questions my way.  The subject being discussed by me, is not about me, but about what the written Word of God tells us. 

Or better yet... Please show me where the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church got their authority from God using Scripture?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I answered your questions my way.  The subject being discussed by me, is not about me, but about what the written Word of God tells us. 

How do we know this is true?

Please show me where the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church got their authority from God? You have made the claim Johnlove. The burden of proof first falls on you.

Or better yet... Please show me where the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church got their authority from God using Scripture?

God bless,

GE

I am not asking you to believe me.  Also I am not interested in fighting the Catholic Churches battles.  

I am not asking you to believe me.  Also I am not interested in fighting the Catholic Churches battles.  

Interesting. So there is no Scripture to back your view above. So we shoudn't take the claim seriously about the Protestant Church denominations question either... I guess that's one way to address it... Lol. ;)

You make a claim then provide no evidence. Not a very good way to have a discussion Johnlove... :noidea: