• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

John I noticed you have been shown plenty of times not just by me but by others how important teachers are. if you are not willing to learn you will never grow, The holy spirit is our teacher yes but God speaks to through ppl a whole lot and honestly are you listening to the holy spirit right now? If I was in your position and arguing about something like this im pretty sure he would tell me to humble myself and be willing for correction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

reading comprehension is in question here-to the best of my understanding...

Sevenseas made the assumption tat John saw himself special to the lord when he made no such claim nor did he insinuate so either. that is why i said what i said its unfair to assume a person is talking highly of themselves when they were only describing their thoughts and experiences on a subject.

I said reading comprehension is in question... Seven Seas is very scholarly in Her pursuits of God!

What she said was according to Scripture and She quoted it for you- so that what JohnLove said appears

to be outside of Scripture and is need of further proving by Scripture to maintain what he said :thumbsup:

Elsewise JohnLove is considering Himself specially observed outside of Scripture... Love, Steven

reading comprehension is in question here-to the best of my understanding...

Sevenseas made the assumption tat John saw himself special to the lord when he made no such claim nor did he insinuate so either. that is why i said what i said its unfair to assume a person is talking highly of themselves when they were only describing their thoughts and experiences on a subject.

I said reading comprehension is in question... Seven Seas is very scholarly in Her pursuits of God!

What she said was according to Scripture and She quoted it for you- so that what JohnLove said appears

to be outside of Scripture and is need of further proving by Scripture to maintain what he said :thumbsup:

Elsewise JohnLove is considering Himself specially observed outside of Scripture... Love, Steven

Wait let me understand something I may have misunderstood what you but are you saying that in order for what he said to be valid it has to fit into scripture? Because if so thats not entirely reliable for several reasons.Its very easy to use scripture out of context not saying she was doing that but its a very common issue also god does things that dont exactly fit in scripture many times God took me somewhere or showed me something and I explained it to ppl I got shot down because it didnt fit scripture so therefore it either wasnt real or was from satan.

even posting scripture doesnt make what we say right

also god does things that dont exactly fit in scripture many times God took me somewhere or showed me something and I explained it to ppl I got shot down because it didnt fit scripture so therefore it either wasnt real or was from satan.

It is common in our world today to give authority to many things outside of Scripture...

This is error so taught in Scripture:

1 Thess 2:13

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because,

when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye

received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word

of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

KJV

John 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

KJV

2 Peter 1:19-21

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do

well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,

until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any

private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by

the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by

the Holy Ghost.

KJV

Rom 15:4

4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for

our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures

might have hope.

KJV

Acts 20:32

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of

his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance

among all them which are sanctified

KJV

Ps 119:148

148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

KJV

Acts 17:11

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they

received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the

scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

KJV

And no where outside of God's Word does God encourage us to go! Search the Scriptures

yourself to see! Love, Steven

also god does things that dont exactly fit in scripture many times God took me somewhere or showed me something and I explained it to ppl I got shot down because it didnt fit scripture so therefore it either wasnt real or was from satan.

It is common in our world today to give authority to many things outside of Scripture...

This is error so taught in Scripture:

1 Thess 2:13

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because,

when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye

received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word

of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

KJV

John 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

KJV

2 Peter 1:19-21

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do

well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,

until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any

private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by

the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by

the Holy Ghost.

KJV

Rom 15:4

4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for

our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures

might have hope.

KJV

Acts 20:32

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of

his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance

among all them which are sanctified

KJV

Ps 119:148

148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

KJV

Acts 17:11

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they

received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the

scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

KJV

And no where outside of God's Word does God encourage us to go! Search the Scriptures

yourself to see! Love, Steven

then please explain to me why god does these things to me like the day I was on a walk and threw my energy drink can on the ground and I heard god command me in a booming voice PICK IT UP and my body just picked it up no questions asked. i have found no scriptures explaning this event or why he did it so does that make it rubbish?

God has the authority to do things outside of scripture but that doesnt make the event invalid.I just think u shouldnt write off what someone says or experienced just because its not in the bible because who are we to say what is rubbish or not when a person explains what happened to them?

then please explain to me why god does these things to me like the day I was on a walk and threw my energy drink can on the ground and I heard god command me in a booming voice PICK IT UP and my body just picked it up no questions asked. i have found no scriptures explaning this event or why he did it so does that make it rubbish?

God has the authority to do things outside of scripture but that doesnt make the event invalid.I just think u shouldnt write off what someone says or experienced just because its not in the bible because who are we to say what is rubbish or not when a person explains what happened to them?

The verses I gave you indicate God desire to lead totally out of His Word by Spirit!

Loved one God gave us His Word so we could try the spirits that come to us with Scripture...

Experience is of a subjective nature which means satan can fool us to start following after

non biblical rational which open Pandora's box in a world filled with false gods and lies!

Like I said the Bible is there with you and search it and see if The God of The Bible says

to place our trust in any other source but His Word! It is a light to our path to Him period!

Our first birth desire is to be recognized by those around us-however-the second birth desires

God to seen and glorified through His Word... this is a self evident truth to those walking in

the s(S)pirit :) Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

You could not answer my question about studying other people’s understanding of God, so you used your understanding of scripture to say I am wrong.

Paul told us the only way one can come to know God is to have God teach him or her.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)  “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God.  After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us.  Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually.  A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.  As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’  But we are those who have the mind of Christ.” 

Paul also told us the one would behave as the Holy Spirit dictates.  Now the Holy Spirit is only going to dictate the written Word of God.  That is something one can trust.  No one can trust what man dictates, unless he or she ask Jesus if what man dictated is right or wrong.  Again it is God teach us about God.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

So you tell me that I misunderstood what John said about the Holy Spirit teaching Christians everything.

Just how dumb does one need to be not to understand what John wrote?  Remember John’s writings are the written Word of God.  There is no hidden message in John’s writings. 

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”  Very simple and fifth grade student can read it and understand what John wrote.

The Holy Spirit did not put Words in the Bible that were so hard to understand the one needs a degree in theology to understand.

No one needs a degree in theology to come to understand man’s lies about the written Word of God.

Just a personal witness left in this direction :) I learn from everyone I come into contact with

saved or unsaved but all of it is brought under the scrutiny of Scripture... for instance I have

learned from you in this dialogue! Thank you, love, Steven

I agree, God can and does use anyone, anything, and any situation as His mouth piece to get the message through to us the way He know we'll be able to receive it and respond to it - that includes use of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as stated in 1 Corinthians 12 and the correct application of those gifts as stated in 1 Corinthians 13.

You quote much scripture, but it escapes me as to what you seem to be saying.

It seems you talk about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and offices of the Church.

Yet what is the Church of God’s?

I personally believe the Church of God are those who live the whole Word of God.

Yet the only Church with any authority form God, is the Roman Catholic/Greek Orthodox. 

Their bishops have the authority of an apostle, even though they, because the Church no longer teaches God whole Word, have not any of the powers of an apostle.

The message is in the verses. The Holy Spirit has set up an office of teacher. To claim we should not be taught from anyone but the Holy Spirit is discounting His office He set up. God has anointed some to teach, otherwise there would be no office for teaching.

As for bringing in the Roman Catholic Church and Greek Orthodox church, be advices we do not allow any teaching from their doctrine nor do we allow any bashing of either church.

Show me scripture that says a Spiritual Christian needs to be taught about God by anyone but the Holy Spirit.  I quoted scripture that said only God can bring one to know God.  Show me you know what you are talking about.

I'll show you if you show me first :)

Guest shiloh357

I find it rather odd that those who claim that we don't need human teachers today, are the very one's who come to this board and attempt to teach us.  They claim that there is no need for teachers, but yet they expect to be heard and have the right to teach.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

John, there are so many places in scripture were we read about the importance of a teacher, discipleship and why a disciple is taught. God has chosen some of His children to teach. Read the passage below and tell me why you refuse to accept teachers that He tells us are part of His body?

1 Corinthians 12:12-31

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.

If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

As Shiloh said, those who refuse the idea of having to sit under a teacher, claiming it is not right, are here to "teach" this themselves, therefore, making themselves a hypocrite. Every Apostle was a student, not only of Christ, but of each other.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us:

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

What does this verse mean if not to teach? You claim you need no other teacher, but you study scripture, being taught by the many authors. Why is that? Because they were moved by the Holy Spirit as they wrote scripture? Those who are chosen to be teachers are also moved by the Holy Spirit when they teach, yet you claim they are not for you to learn from. Your whole argument is contradictory.

You are not the first person who has come here claiming they do not need to have any other teacher but the Holy Spirit. What they really end up saying it that they do not what to be accountable to anyone, that they are always correct and reject whatever another brother or sister has to say if it does not line up with what they consider truth. To me, this mindset is festered with pride and arrogance.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

There are plenty of people here who act like they know everything or like everyone else doesn't/isn't allowed to know anything.  The reality is we don't know anything unless the Holy Spirit reveals it to us through whatever way He chooses to - always confirmed in His Word.  That no person should boast, except in the Lord.