rjp34652

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I attended a local church on the last Sunday of June 2014.  The congregation was treated to a prediction by the pastor.   He said that he'd heard rumors of a coming revival similar to the one that swept the nation in 1970.   He made some lofty claims that he was privy to special spiritual information and that it would be under way by this time next year (June 2015)

I'd like to ask if anyone has heard such a rumor.  Better still has there been any sort of pattern developing that anyone is aware of that might indicate a future revival that would be welcomed by the people of this nation.   Bear in mind that the 1970's one was generally banned by the established denominational churches for fear that God would be stealing the leadership's thunder.  The Holy Spirit was grieved and left town.  

Are we in for a return visit and if so, how may our welcome to God's good comforter be improved? 

Your input is invited.    Disinterest will tell as much as interested input we think.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

What is this revival? Are you talking about a revival in Christianity?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Idk why but lately i have hoped for a powerful out pouring of the holy spirit on the church. dont know why one day out of nowhere Just wanted it. I admire your pastors boldness to make such a claim but I never like to believe such things without proof for fear of being mislead

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I honestly don't remember any revival in 1970.  I do remember reading about the one in I believe it was Azusa Street and if I'm  not mistaken that was in San Francisco,but that was back in 1906 and it hit like like a tidal  wave.  Thousands were saved, healed it was incredible. Now I have to go back and reread about it and come back and correct my mistakes.  So see you soon.  I do know for sure that it was back in 1906 and the name of the the Azusa Street Revival. I doubt very much that their any alive anymore when all this happened.  What a glorious time that must have happened.

I would love to see that same sort of revival hit this country.  We need a new start, and it needs to start with us. 

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

rjp34652,

This so-called revival has been looked for by many in the religious organisations for years. However God is always moving by His Holy Spirit in people`s lives & `never leaves town,` as He is omnipresent, (everywhere).  This next visible move of God will be `coming together all the more as we see the day approaching,` & that `coming together` does not mean `religious organisations control,` but rather house gatherings, sharing in a real, natural, caring manner - relationally & not controllingly. This will be quite evident in the next few years as things in the world get more violent, expensive & stressful. People will be looking to those near them who have built relationships with them over the years & shown themselves to be caring & stable in difficult times.

The challenge here is to keep going in our present situations & trust God for the harvest as He opens readied hearts.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I attended a local church on the last Sunday of June 2014.  The congregation was treated to a prediction by the pastor.   He said that he'd heard rumors of a coming revival similar to the one that swept the nation in 1970.   He made some lofty claims that he was privy to special spiritual information and that it would be under way by this time next year (June 2015)

I'd like to ask if anyone has heard such a rumor.  Better still has there been any sort of pattern developing that anyone is aware of that might indicate a future revival that would be welcomed by the people of this nation.   Bear in mind that the 1970's one was generally banned by the established denominational churches for fear that God would be stealing the leadership's thunder.  The Holy Spirit was grieved and left town.  

Are we in for a return visit and if so, how may our welcome to God's good comforter be improved? 

Your input is invited.    Disinterest will tell as much as interested input we think.

He made some lofty claims that he was privy to special spiritual information 

There should be no secrets when the Word is preached, otherwise what is the point? Ask him what this special spiritual information is, and why it is a secret.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I believe the 1970's would be the Jesus people revival. Thousands of hippies/flower children accepted Jesus. Also, at that time, thousands Jewish people came to Jesus. Jews for Jesus mission had just started with some of the early Jewish believers who had been hippies, and Messianic Judaism took off. So, in terms of Jewish people, it was a relatively big revival. I would guess that before that revival, there might have been about 1000 Jewish believers world wide, and it jumped to over 30,000. Probably the largest revival among the Jewish people since 33 ce.

I would be very happy to see a revival. You can't really put a pattern on Gods moves, but historically, in past revivals, they start with people who are believers, who suddenly desire to pray for revival in large numbers. Old reports show that prayer meetings don't attract large numbers, but just before a revival, prayer meetings for revival are huge compared to normal.