onni

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Can you share with me your first ever personal message from the Holy Spirit after you are born again?

The first time I encounter the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart is when I was just born again was when I was in very sad and down because of some people making fun of me. And I was so sad that I lock myself in my room and flipping the bible then unknowingly I landed to Ecc 7:21 DO NOT TAKE TO HEART ALL THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY which spoke to my heart and I was feeling much better after that. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Couldn't remember the very first... :P

But I do remember when I first strongly heard God's call for my life, saying that he has great plans for me -- and it was accompanied by a vision (a vision that I don't clearly remember now, because it was many years ago).

I was in college, and I was standing outside the gate of a church, staring up at the cross inside, and my heart heavy with problems, when it happened....

~

I never forget cause I was broken hearted at that time but God just came and comfort me and speak to me. So I was better after that. God is so good to care about my feeling over silly matter when I look back now. Haha... God is so kind to me. Thank you Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Can you share with me your first ever personal message from the Holy Spirit after you are born again?

The first time I encounter the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart is when I was just born again was when I was in very sad and down because of some people making fun of me. And I was so sad that I lock myself in my room and flipping the bible then unknowingly I landed to Ecc 7:21 DO NOT TAKE TO HEART ALL THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY which spoke to my heart and I was feeling much better after that. :)

I grew up in church so I knew of the Lord all my life.....   but I didn't make any real commitments till much later.  I don't consider myself born again until those commitments are made.....     My actual first encounter with the Holy Spirit speaking was not to my heart, it was to my ears......   and he said very very loudly  "NO,  YOU CAN NOT DO THAT"      I don't think I really want to explain what  "that" is.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I grew up in church so I knew of the Lord all my life..... but I didn't make any real commitments till much later. I don't consider myself born again until those commitments are made..... My actual first encounter with the Holy Spirit speaking was not to my heart, it was to my ears...... and he said very very loudly "NO, YOU CAN NOT DO THAT" I don't think I really want to explain what "that" is.

One word.... WOW!

~

Wah... Awesome

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I forsook my previous beliefs of Christianity and took up my new beliefs.  Repenting and believing fully after reading the sermon books by new life mission.  I received the holy spirit which felt like a fountain of water inside of my heart.  From then I felt like I knew God for the first time.  I believed in God my whole life but I don't consider my self having been born again until I was 21 years old and encountered the gospel of Jesus baptism and crucifixion.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

My first personal encounter with god happened when I was 19 years old.

Out of no where i was suddenly convicted of all the wrong things i have done and out of desperation i cried out "i don't no what to do, if your there God I need your help.

That's when God clearly spoke 3 things to me

1 you know the truth now.

2 do not be like the world, you are better than that.

3 I am coming back a lot sooner than you realize.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit? What is his calling card, so to speak?

As for revelations from God, I do not remember the first, but the most emotional was when he told me faith was the key, and the most prolific was when he gave me some basic understandings of the mystery.

I'm not sure when this first incident took place, but I always thought that I heard Him speaking quite verbally to me as a child. I have several memories of this from when I was age six or so (which wasn't that long ago, as I am a teen). When I heard Him calling my name, it scared me so badly because I hadn't really surrendered my heart to Him. When I was a young child (ironically, since people say that children are so trusting), I found the idea of a God hard to grasp and I was a borderline atheist. I wanted to be a Christian so that I wouldn't have to fear the outcome of my eternity, but I didn't feel like I had the faith it took. It strikes me strangely how God spoke to me seemingly much like he spoke to Paul on the way to Damascus. He didn't believe that Jesus was Lord, but he met Him.

When I was still very young, twelve, after I had really met God and I was ablaze for Him, He brought two messages to me in very explicit ways. The first occasion was when I was sitting in the gym (or, that's what we call the entire building that encompasses the basketball court at my church) behind the front desk and I had been reading Revelation, pondering these strange and wonderful things in my heart. Then, I broke out into a sweat that worsened as my heart rate gradually rose, reading about the wrath that would be poured out on the earth. I think it was around chapter 22 or 23 that God gave this message to my heart: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near. God's wrath is burning against the world." This is a Scriptural reference. I was to proclaim this boldly to the world.

On the second occasion, I had just woken up one morning in bed and my eyes were still shut. I greeted the ever-present Lord, and in golden lettering over the darkness, this message visually passed across my eyes: "For the good tree will thrive and bear good fruit, but the bad tree will be chopped down and thrown into the fire." Another Scriptural reference. This was another thing I was to proclaim.

Neither of these things can I quote verbatim, possibly because it was more of a silent conviction, but the central message is what matters. There's a little piece of my testimony.