IGNORED

Do you feel sorry for others that don't believe?

Ladychance42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I had to give this a lot of thought because I have no family. The answer is yes. I feel compassion for a person who doesn't know God, and doesn't want to.  To feel sorry could mean pity, sympathy, or compassion. I feel compassion. Kind of like suppose someone was so simple minded that they didn't know what fire was. Now suppose we were in a freezing climate with a volcano nearby. And let's suppose people were jumping in the volcano to get warm, not knowing it would also kill them. I would try and make them understand they are jumping to their deaths, but they just don't understand. Like that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

As a Christian do you feel sorry for non-believers or are they sinners who don't deserve our love and time of day? There's another woman at work that talks ungodly talk all day long but I almost feel sorry for her rather than just happiness knowing she's going to hell with all the other sinners. I've tried talking to her but she usually just laughs my passagea off. I'm not certain but I think she's even tried picking me up a couple times. Confused is what I am I guess.

Of course, every child of God should desire sinners to come to repentance and to the saving knowledge of our Lord, Christ Jesus.

After all God is forming our hearts unto Himself in Christ and so our hearts should be as His heart concerning this.

2nd Peter 3:8-10

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

In Christ, Pat

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

1. I feel sorry for unbelievers because they have no hope for their future. Their hope is this life, then after they die nothing happens, they just die... How sad would it have been if that's how life was!

2. I also feel sad because i know they are going to go through an eternal torment in fire, and after that there is not second chance, no repentence (no more Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

I hurt for anyone who go about their daily lives who fail to see the magnificent splendor all around them. People are so caught up in the temporal they seemingly fail to see or acknowledge the eternal. The thought of a single person not bending their knee to Grace while they have the freedom to choose to do so often brings me to tears - from hurt, but also from shame. Each and every person who refuses to surrender to Christ could be a soul that I failed to witness to.

I feel anger, however, toward people who claim to be believers, who know the Bible but have no relationship with the Word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I feel very sorry for them. We are all sinners but they are the ones who will be spending eternity in hell.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

My friend, you are the only face of God they are going to see at your job. The greatest witness to them is just living the life of God in their presence. We are living epistles known and read of all men. You can preach the Gospel without saying a word by letting the light, and water of God to flow out of you. They will notice and just might come to you ask you what the reason of the hope you have in you. Be prepared to give them an answer. :)