• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

When annie was preg. I heard that you can terminate the kittens. Even though annie is just a cat. It still felt funny. Annie had three kittens all have good homes now. So how is it ok for animals, but not for people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

When annie was preg. I heard that you can terminate the kittens. Even though annie is just a cat. It still felt funny. Annie had three kittens all have good homes now. So how is it ok for animals, but not for people.

Who says it's ok for animals?

Anyway, animals are not people. It's ok to neuter them (but not people), It's okay to eat them (but not people).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

yes you can terminate pregnancy in animals as you can in people

It is not an option I myself would consider.  Neutering, as suggested by Oakwood, is the best solution for cats and dogs regarding unwanted breeding resulting in litters of yet more

little creatures.

I rescued a pregnant wolfdog about 5 years ago off the streets along with her mate, a purebred Siberian husky.  I knew she was a couple of wks along because I did use to breed

and show dogs...I never considered terminating her pregnancy.  I did find homes for most of the pups and we kept a couple along with the parents.  Every single one of them is

neutered and that is the best way to keep the population down as the birth rate of dogs and cats far exceeds the demand for the pups and kittens

I am glad you found homes for the little kitties but so many many do not and many suffer greatly.  Therefore, and as animals are not human beings created in God's image, it may

sometimes be best to end a pregnancy for animals.  I am sure you know that thousands are actually killed each year anyway.

We need to be responsible for the animals in our care.  I do not believe they are disposable or that God does not care.  

We cannot make decisions for other people...but we can make decisions for the animals we have opted to take into our homes.  It is in their best interest that we do not allow them

to keep having more litters.  I understand that can sometimes happen, and then the best recourse is to be a good caretaker and make sure the resulting animals go into good homes.

Then, and not to bore anyone, but neutering is an act of kindness in most cases.

How far would you want to take this question Tigger? Is the taking of all life equal, or do we consider human life to be uniquely created in God's image, and held to be sacred? If our approach is that non-human life needs protection, are we ever able to take an anti-biotic again? How do we draw our lines, on what principle?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I whould never abort my pets nor neuter them

I wouldn't want to be neutered hahaha

And killing a defenseless child is a abomination

It IS murder

If you kill a child 6 months into pregnancy it is the same as killing a 6yr old child

No matter what to media or whoever may say

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/09/1984

Aborting unwanted animals seems more humane than drowning them in a bucket. I'm sure they struggle less as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Aborting unwanted animals seems more humane than drowning them in a bucket. I'm sure they struggle less as well.

that could be said of humans too.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The reason it's ok with animals is because they don't have a soul like we do. However, if you study enough Eastern religions you can come to believe all life is sacred. The animal you aborted was traveling in eternity's road. And if he was a good dog or cat, he might be human next time around. If you believe that, then it matters.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It is part of responsible animal ownership to have them neutered, unless you are breeding them. There is no sin in it. God placed us on this earth to care for and manage animal life. Man has dominion over them, and in Him we are to be wise. Aborting animals is an extreme and irresponsible act against the animal kingdom.

While animals have souls (mind, will and emotions), they do not possess a spirit, as man does. While there are animals in heaven, it means they are heavenly creatures, and NOT animals that have been translated from the earthly plane to the heavenly. What life we have on this planet apart from human life lives and dies HERE. What is one earth is a shadow of what there is in heaven---almost a mirror image of what is there, but in heaven there is a whole lot more!

None of this has any correlation to the sanctity of human life. There is no "righteous" circumstance for human abortion (apart from the emergency decision to save a woman's life in childbirth, and that in itself isn't righteous, either), as it is murder, and I really do think it is a silly notion to compare it with the care and management of animal life.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Taboo subject. Are we in the controversial topic section?

The way a person sees the topic will be dependant upon their understanding mixed with personality traits they have.

All I can say is that I see the possibility for abortion in both animals and humans being righteous actions depending upon circumstances. But salvation of the ones in question wherever possible.