GoldenEagle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever thought of how you can receive something from God as believer in Christ? And you can’t obtain anything from God when faith is absent in your life. That is why we are looking at this essential virtue in Christian life,

which is faith.

Christian journey is built on faith and without faith it is impossible to please God because anybody that comes to Him must believe that He is a re-warder of them that seek Him with a pure heart.

Faith is believing in unseen things, that is, trusting God to fulfill what he has said. This means you believe God’s promises even when what you requested from God is not yet in your hand. The Scripture puts it this way: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1.

When there is faith, doubt will be absent. It makes you to obtain from God and gives you hope for the future and eternal life with God.

Many Christians today are suffering because; they have no faith in them. Without faith you are void of divine sustenance. In the scripture, elders obtained good report from God through faith – Hebrews 11: 2.

Before I end this post, I will like to highlight some of the elders that obtained good report through faith.

Abel: Faith makes you to offer to God sacrificially without withholding good things from God. Abel’s sacrifices spoke for him even in the grave. We become testimony in our generation by the sacrifices we made here on earth, Genesis 4:4.

<>2    Enoch: His life pleased God to take him alive. Our faith will help us to do everything that pleases God because without faith it is impossible to please God. The Bible recorded that God translated him; ‘for before his translation, he had this testimony, that he pleased God.’ Our life must be a testimony before we will be translated.

<>3    Noah: Oh! This is one of the elders that his life and ministry was full of challenges to me, I hope to you also. His faith in God for the unseen future made him to begin to build an ark as instructed by God for the deliverance of his people. The scripture said he “...being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepare an ark to the saving of his house…” Hebrews 11: 7.

How many times have God given us instruction and vision to reach to the dying souls around us? This blog was designed not because I want to own a blog but it was purely Divine mandate given to me to use it to reach to souls around and far from me since I will not be able to travel round the world to preach the gospel of salvation to the dying souls.

All of us, believers, should learn from the life of Noah, he got the vision and the mandate to build an ark, without procrastinating, made the ark for the purpose of saving generations. God wants us to exhibit this character of faith. 

<>4    Abraham:  This is yet another man that God respected. He was told to leave his country   to a country which He (He) will show him, he obeyed without doubt or murmuring or questioning God. He left his country, his brethren, and relatives to an unknown country by faith.

This is a man that God told to sacrifice his only son (Isaac), he obeyed, but God never allowed him to slew ‘the child of promise’, Isaac. Every action Abraham took was counted for him for righteousness.

How many of us have this kind of faith that Abraham had? Can we carry out any instruction without murmuring or complaining? Our obedience draws us to God and opens all closed doors for us. God said; “I know thy works: behold, I have  set before thee and open door, and no man can shut it, for thou hast little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.” Revelation 3:8. Our obedient life separates us from disobedient people.

Sarah:  I so much admire this woman of faith. So found God to be faithful to His words. She never doubt God when she was told that she will conceive and bear a child but the scripture said she “laughed” because of her age, ninety-years of age. God’s word is true and he is faithful that promised. With faith, we can achieve the impossible. You don’t need to worry because of the condition you found yourself. Are you barren, impotent, failure in life, poor, struck with deadly sickness? Don’t worry, what God requires from you is your faithfulness to His promise, he will fulfill everything that concerns you in Jesus’ name!

<>6    Moses: I cannot conclude this post without remembering ‘father’ Moses who his life from birth to death was characterized with faith. He refused to associate himself with the Egyptians, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer with the children of God. What a life!

We need his kind if faith, he trusted God to deliver the Israelite out of Egypt, he trusted God to divide the red sea for them, feed them in the wilderness. Our faith makes a way for us.

God is still searching for a man/woman of uncommon faith in this generation we are.

Faith is what we need if our life will be remembered in the future. Many people in the Bible days have demonstrated this faith and now the baton is in our hand to continue where they stop.

I will advise you to read the book of Hebrews chapter 11and you will be fully challenged and discover many elders of faith not forgetting Jacob, Joseph, The Harlot Rahab, Daniel, Elijah, Elisha, oh! The list is long.

God expects us to write our name among these faithful ‘Soldier’ from now onward and great will be your testimony.

*** removed link to blog ***

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Have you ever thought of how you can receive something from God as believer in Christ? And you can’t obtain anything from God when faith is absent in your life. That is why we are looking at this essential virtue in Christian life, which is faith.

Christian journey is built on faith and without faith it is impossible to please God because anybody that comes to Him must believe that He is a re-warder of them that seek Him with a pure heart.

Faith is believing in unseen things, that is, trusting God to fulfill what he has said. This means you believe God’s promises even when what you requested from God is not yet in your hand. The Scripture puts it this way: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1.

When there is faith, doubt will be absent. It makes you to obtain from God and gives you hope for the future and eternal life with God.

Many Christians today are suffering because; they have no faith in them. Without faith you are void of divine sustenance. In the scripture, elders obtained good report from God through faith – Hebrews 11: 2.

Before I end this post, I will like to highlight some of the elders that obtained good report through faith.

Faith is a gift from God. God gives faith to each according to His will.

Heb 12:2 says "...Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith". And Rom 12:3 says " ... God has allotted to each a measure of faith.”

Faith is not something we do or somehow get more of. We do not obtain from God. We receive from God.

I believe on these points we will have to disagree friend. :-)

God bless,

GE

Guest Geoff Primanti

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Or Spiritual Gifts from God).

gifts-of-the-spirit8.jpg

1. What are the gifts of the Holy Spirit listed in the Bible?

2. What gifts has God given you?

3. How are you using this (or these) in the edification of the local Church body?

God bless,

GE

Specifically my primary gifts are teaching and evangelism.  I also think that I have a gift for exhortation and it was prophesied over me that I would operate in word of wisdom.  I also believe I have the word of knowledge gift (but this may only be because I would like to believe that I have it because it is one of the greater gifts that I have desired of and asked the Lord to give me).

I have seen people healed also and miracles are not outside of my personal experience although I could never actually claim credit for any of them (only God can do miracles even if He does it through someone's spiritual gift).

Concerning miracles I would issue a warning to all that miracles of great proportion will happen in the last days of the lying sort so that if it were possible even the elect might be deceived (Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:8-13, Revelation 15:12-15).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

... miracles of great proportion will happen in the last days of the lying sort

so that if it were possible even the elect might be deceived

(Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:8-13, Revelation 15:12-15).

In the last days (we are in the beginning of sorrows now) ...

truly anointed believers will do incredible miracles,

and there certainly will also be many false miracle-workers!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

The gift of faith-belief-trust-grace-salvation given when one is born-again

has absolutely NOTHING to do with the gift of faith in 1 Corinthians 12,

which is one of the 9 special anointings given for Christian service.

IMO, no one receives any of these 9 gifts in 1 Cor 12 with any kind of power at all

... unless he/she has first received the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

For example, the gift of faith in 1 Cor 12 is 100 times more powerful than

the faith of a regular born-again Christian.

This gift is perceived as totally amazing by the ordinary BAC.

I know this because I've been there and done it.

All 9 of these anointing gifts are way beyond the range of the regular BAC,

as one should be able to surmise just by reading them.

If it will help anyone ...

don't trust what your church says about ANYTHING,

but trust in the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit's explanation of them.

Edited by Osterloh

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

The gift of faith-belief-trust-grace-salvation given when one is born-again

has absolutely NOTHING to do with the gift of faith in 1 Corinthians 12,

which is one of the 9 special anointings given for Christian service.

IMO, no one receives any of these 9 gifts in 1 Cor 12 with any kind of power at all

... unless he/she has first received the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

For example, the gift of faith in 1 Cor 12 is 100 times more powerful than

the faith of a regular born-again Christian.

This gift is perceived as totally amazing by the ordinary BAC.

I know this because I've been there and done it.

All 9 of these anointing gifts are way beyond the range of the regular BAC,

as one should be able to surmise just by reading them.

If it will help anyone ...

don't trust what your church says about ANYTHING,

but trust in the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit's explanation of them.

Faith in God is a gift from God. We cannot save ourselves. :thumbsup:

I don't think we shouldn't trust what our church says about anything... We simply need to be like Bareans and compare what is taught to Scripture.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

If God has given me a gift it is a remembrance and use of the word, though the gift is not for me, it is a gift to whom someone whom is ministered by it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

How do you know what gift or gifts you have ?

What is the best gift gift ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

If God has given me a gift it is a remembrance and use of the word, though the gift is not for me, it is a gift to whom someone whom is ministered by it.

That is Holy Spirit, which only through Him can God accept... Holy Spirit is the gift, whatever way He chooses to work.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

... miracles of great proportion will happen in the last days of the lying sort

so that if it were possible even the elect might be deceived

(Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:8-13, Revelation 15:12-15).

In the last days (we are in the beginning of sorrows now) ...

truly anointed believers will do incredible miracles,

and there certainly will also be many false miracle-workers!

True.

Miracles can be copied,by the enemy,except truth.

jesse.