• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/09/1984

be saved if they cannot understand empathy and therefore Jesus sacrifice?

It always made me wonder.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I reconciled that in my mind by considering that Jesus is a very fair entity.....   whatever he decides to do with any of us I firmly believe will be just.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My neighbor is a pastor and his son is autistic. His autism is much improved by God's grace. He is now at a Aspergers level and responds intelligently when spoken to; he loves the Lord. We have a young man at our church who also is autistic and saved. He prefers to listen to the sermon in the foyer where there is less distraction. Otherwise, he is there every sunday. We have had saved autistic people on our boards and one comes into the chat room occasionally.

However, I am not sure about sociopaths who can't seem to discern right from wrong and have no remorse for the evil they have done. I have heard of seriel killers being saved, but since I have seen no fruit of repentance, it is hard to know if they are really saved. Some may be demon possessed???.

Some who are severely retarded--pre school level--I believe can also be saved if they live up to the light given them. They just need to know that God loves them and forgives them for being bad when they ask Jesus to help them and come into their lives to be their best friend. They just need to be taught on their level. Those who are raised in a Christian home are sanctified by the believing parent 1Cor 7.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Romans 1

19 ¶ because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.
20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Romans 1

19 ¶ because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.

20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.

and if they are not capable of seeing or realizing?????

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

There is a boy who comes to chat who is quite autistic. He knows Jesus. 

I do not think a sociopath is beyond the ability to grasp who He is. I do not think most people are beyond that ability. For those few who are, then I trust that He is just and fair and knows what is best. He knows their hearts when we do not. I trust Him to do what is right.

Romans 1

and if they are not capable of seeing or realizing?????

:thumbsup:

God Is Able, Oh So Able

When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:25-26

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

There is a boy who comes to chat who is quite autistic. He knows Jesus. 

I do not think a sociopath is beyond the ability to grasp who He is. I do not think most people are beyond that ability. For those few who are, then I trust that He is just and fair and knows what is best. He knows their hearts when we do not. I trust Him to do what is right.

Amen !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Changing the subject slightly, I believe that mentally handicapped people (not the same as the autistic or sociopaths, I agree) probably have a very good understanding of Jesus even though they may have very low IQs and find it extremely difficult to communicate.

We've all seen the adult-child who spends his or her entire life with their parents, never seems to grow up, can't feed, wash or dress themselves, and suffer from extreme mental retardation.

They have a certain loving and trusting nature. I believe that they have the Holy Spirit. They can't read the Bible but they've always known God.

We have a lot to learn from them.

Only evil societies wish to kill the mentally-handicapped. The Nazis exterminated them just like they exterminated the Jews.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus says a man will leave his mother and father and cling to his wife.  And the reason he would not get married is because he is an Eunuch. Mathew 19:12 "12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."