Deuteronomy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My dog has torn up two of my bible's in the last few months. The first time was my bible from when I was a kid in sunday school. I figured it for a random target and have since trained him not to chew. Figured he was just a teething pup. Came home yesterday to find my other bible (I recieved for confirmation) torn up, scattered around the living room...

It was sitting on my coffee table with a stack of books and magazines.

What sort of weirds me out is nothing else in the room besides a tipped over houseplant was ruined.

Do you think he just likes the thin paper or is there an explanation for this?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Couple of questions if you don't mind, just to get to know you better.

Who is the Lord Jesus Christ to you?

What does your faith mean to you?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

Couple of questions if you don't mind, just to get to know you better.

Sorry Fez I was away from my computer. How long does it take to auto logout?

My lord is whom I turn to when I am lost. He is the reason for my actions and the light that guides my path. Even in the darkest of times it's comforting knowing I have someone to talk to.

My faith means a lot to me. I don't let it control my life but I do let it influence the decisions I make on a daily basis.

Not sure what this has to do with my dog, but I answered your questions. This place is confusing...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We inherited a dog that chewed up his master's bible. I have had two chewed on by other puppies, both Boston Terriers. They seemed to get over that by the time they were a year to 18 months old. Just teathing. So we gave them rawhide chew bones to work on instead. They like cow hoofs as well,, but they stink. Both are available at pet stors and feed and grain stores.

I have to add that furniature cushions, a car arm rest, yarn, rubber bands and toilet paper have also been favorites as well as our kids' bubble gum left on dinner plates and wa strung from both paws and both ears.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You didn't say what breed you have. Some breeds are bred for the purpose of doing a job and when they don't have a job to do or get enough exercise they will create something to do out of boredom. Your dog may simply need more exercise. A tired dog, is a good dog. Also dogs by nature are social creatures and prefer company. What starts out as a comfort and reminder of you when you are away, ends up getting carried away through chewing.

Many toys are helpful in keeping a pet busy. A “kong” toy filled with peanut butter then put in the freezer till frozen, will help keep your dog busy for a while so it is not finding your things to chew on.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

My first question is how old is your dog.  If he is a puppy be ready for things to get chewed  Keep things out of his reach and then get  him things to chew on.  NO RAWHIDE!  it can be very dangerous.Get him some cow bones from your butcher.  boil them to get all the marrow out out of them and they will last him forever.  I have cow bones my dogs have had for three or four years.  Don't give him old shoes or socks, they don't know the difference between the old and the new.   they will grow out of the chewing state and they have to be taught.  Under no circumstances hit them or yell and scream at them.  It will only make things worse.  If you have any questions e-mail me here  and I will try and help you.

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel/Faith Ann

Guest shiloh357

Yes, i would buy a new Bible and keep it out of his reach and I would get him some good safe chew toys.or the cow bones that Rusty suggested. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The dog ate it? Isn't that the excuse that Obama used to explain those missing emails?

Welcome to Worthy, by the way.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12

Assuming the dog is a puppy, you'll have to keep "temptation" out of reach.  I'm still in the midst of a teething German shepherd pup.  If an adult dog, then something may be wrong and you have to find out what...lonliness, lack of attention, etc

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

My dog has torn up two of my bible's in the last few months. The first time was my bible from when I was a kid in sunday school. I figured it for a random target and have since trained him not to chew. Figured he was just a teething pup. Came home yesterday to find my other bible (I recieved for confirmation) torn up, scattered around the living room...

It was sitting on my coffee table with a stack of books and magazines.

What sort of weirds me out is nothing else in the room besides a tipped over houseplant was ruined.

Do you think he just likes the thin paper or is there an explanation for this?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Welcome :)