• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DanielConway
      Hi.  I am a mature christian with and interest in early church history and eschatology.
    • By Jonathan Dane
      (an excerpt from my book, Rise of the Little Horn)

The Emergence
      A man with no military or political experience announces his run for the most powerful seat in the world. His promise? GREATNESS. He controls the flow of money, and is head over a military that is unmatched in the world. He is consumed with winning politically and fortifying his strongholds. Though initially thought of as a minor threat by his associates, he truly towers over them. He demolishes them by means of abusive and slanderous speech, tears down the character of those who oppose him and flatters and elevates those who admire him. He rises up as if by sheer will. He is an alpha male who plots and manipulates anything and everything to take down his opponents. He is seemingly unstoppable. To the utter amazement of the world, he succeeds at nearly everything he does, despite his lack of deep personal conviction on any issue except self-aggrandizement. His narcissistic pride is evident to all as he continually boasts, exaggerating his achievements and financial worth. He is characteristically disingenuous, so deftly twisting the truth that deceit becomes the norm rather than the exception.
      An aura emanates from him that seems to delude people’s thinking; making those―seemingly intelligent―unable to discern truth from falsehood. At some point, these deluded masses begin to view good things as evil and evil things as good. He is untamable, doing whatever he pleases. These characteristics cause other world leaders to fear him. He shows little regard for the support of women, yet boasts of his various adulterous relationships. Despite his inflated claims, he does possess considerable wealth, which he unabashedly flaunts; wealth accumulated through real estate holdings and building projects. Hailed as the consummate praised man of the city, he is a builder of great high towers, bedecked with precious stones and gold. He is obsessed with his name and plasters it on everything he touches.
      He is cunning and shrewd; playing his enemies like a game of cards. He is vicious in his desire to win. The concepts of grace and forgiveness find no place in him. Violence follows him wherever he goes; even to the killing of innocents who stand between him and his goals. His false show of religion gains the trust of people of faith―deluding them. He comes to power through the “simple folk” who have been discarded as insignificant. His supporters are unwavering in their commitment, for they worship the ground he walks on. His rise to power coincides with a political uprising and defection. Many will leave their former political affiliations.
      His ascension comes at a time of worldwide financial, social, religious, military and civil upheaval. But he will promise to restore law and order, and to soon put an end to crime and violence; a few of many extravagant promises he will never keep. He will establish an extreme vetting process to prevent illegals from gaining access. He will seek the wealth of Iraq as Russia shows signs of escalating military aggression towards the Middle East. Known for his ability to make deals, he promises to make a peace deal between Israel and her surrounding enemies. He plans a restructure of the balance of power in Europe in order to fight terror. The earth will be in global flux.
      Who do these paragraphs describe? This portrait was penned thousands of years ago. It is a biblical word picture of the most evil, ruthless killer of all time; a tyrant who will draw the world into the last great mega-battle known as Armageddon. The Bible refers to this man as the Son of Perdition, the Man of Sin, the Wicked One, the Worthless Shepherd, the Beast, the LIE, the Adversary, the Spoiler, the Willful King, the Lawless One, the Desolator, and more. This man’s wickedness grows until, eventually, Satan himself will possess him. He is known to most as the Antichrist. 

(Copyright 2016 - Jonathan Dane - All Rights Reserved)
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      Things the Bible DOES NOT SAY about the End Times   Notice, that this list, does not establish any end times  theory, it tries to prove nothing. It does not even  attack a theory, or attempt to refute one.    What it does attempt to do, is to get people to ask  themselves, why they believe certain things, that the  Bible never says.   So basically, in between the lines I am asking:    If we believe certain things that are not stated in the scripture, and claim that we believe them because that is what scripture teaches, aren't we in principle adding to the words of scripture?   Furthermore, if we teach these things as though they are true, does that make us false teachers?   So, what things do I claim the Bible does not teach?  Following is a short list:   1. It does not say there will be a Rapture of the Church,  which occurs before the Great Tribulation.   2. It does not refer to a 7 year period as the Great Tribulation.   3. It does not say that the Holy Spirit is removed from the  Earth at any time during the Great Tribulation.   4. It does not refer to the Great Tribulation, as the wrath  of God.   5. It does not say that Jesus will return secretly or  invisibly to take His Church.   6. It does not say that no man will ever know the time (the day or hour) of His coming.
      7. It does not say that Jesus can return at any moment.   8. It does not say that Jesus will return like a thief in  the night for His church.   9. It does not say that believers will not be in the great  tribulation, or skip suffering and persecution, or even  death.   Now, am I wrong about anything on that list. If so, can you provide scripture citations that would make anything in the list a misstatement?   Thanks for your help!   P.S. Please try to stick to the actual topic, and provide us with the information which would show me to be in error, when I claim the bible does not express the ideas in the list. Also not, that in the thread that follows, other ideas that could be added to the list are these:   10. The Bible does not explicitly say the the Rapture is the Blessed Hope.   11. Jesus is not said to return as a thief in the night, in any context that necessitates a pre-tribulation return.   12. It is often said: The Rapture is Jesus coming for His church, the Second Coming is Jesus coming with His church. I think those definitions are workable, but the Bible does not say there is a multi-year interval between those events.   13. The Bible does not say, that there are 144,000 evangelists or witnesses, during the tribulation.   Helpful link to common verses applied to this topic
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      Hi all! I am beginning a project that I hope will help people study this topic, with greater ease. On thing that would be very helpful to me, is to know which translations we prefer to use in study. I will then work on this project, around some of the most favored versions. I probably will not be doing much with the more obscure versions, but for now, could you choose from among those listed? Thanks in advance for your help.
      I know some of you will want to add comments. I am not promising that I will read them, if I read them, I may or may not respond to them.
      I do suggest however, that you try to refrain from debating Bible versions, or expressing why you believe your favorite is better than the other person's favorite. There are already threads on that at Worthy. My purpose here, is only to discover which of the above, people who study eschatology prefer, so I may prioritize the versions I support in my upcoming project. Again, thanks for the help.

• By ForHisGlory37
      Hello everyone,

I went along and  believed in the Pre-Trib rapture because I just went along with what the preachers said.  I was guilty of not studying the Word and asking the Lord for His wisdom.  Well, a few years ago, I heard someone on youtube talk about the post-trib rapture.  So of course I had to do some investigating and the Scriptures that she gave were Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.  I also asked the Holy Spirit, to show me truth. 
      One night I just could not sleep so I went into a room and opened the Scriptures.  I was studying all night and the Lord showed me that we were going to be here.  We needed to go through the tribulation and that it would purify His Church, the Bride of Christ. 
      I believe we will be here to the end.  There are many verses that exhort , "He who endures to the end".
      I believe a little differently than most Post-Tribbers.  I believe that we will actually be here while the plagues and bowls of God's wrath are being poured out.   But we will be supernaturally protected while  the plagues and wrath are being poured out,  we will be raptured, while the wicked are facing judgment.  Everything, the rapture, the judgment of the wicked will be happening simultaneously….So bear with me, while I present my case. 
      Matthew 13:37-43 King James Version (KJV)

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of Man;
      38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the Kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
      39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
      40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of His Kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
      42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
      43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 24:31 King James Version (KJV)
      31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds(should say from the four corners of the earth…mandela effect), from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 14:15-20 King James Version (KJV)
      15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
      16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
      17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
      19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
      20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5 King James Version (KJV)
      5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
      2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
      3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
      4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

So we are told that we will the know the times and the seasons but not the day or the hour.  We are told that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night BUT YE, BRETHREN, ARE NOT IN DARKNESS, THAT THAT DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF. 
      We who are awake and sober, will be ready. 
      Revelation 15 is about the Seven Plagues
      Revelation 16 is the Vials of God's Wrath being poured out…..

Revelation 16:1-16 King James Version (KJV) Vials of God's Wrath being poured out…..
      16 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
      2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
      3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
      4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
      5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
      6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
      7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
      8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
      9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
      10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
      11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
      12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
      13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
      14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
      15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
      Right in the middle of the vials of wrath being poured out of this chapter, Jesus comes like a thief!!! 

But we will be supernaturally protected like the Israelites in Goshen during the plagues in Egypt.  Or Like Noah and his family on the ark. 
      Revelation 6:6 King James Version (KJV)
      6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
      The Holy Spirit is the oil and the wine.  We have the Holy Spirit as believers in Christ Jesus.  The Holy Spirit was not taken out of the way by leaving, He merely stepped aside to let the ac come into power, to allow God's Will to be done.  He is still present because God said do not hurt the oil and the wine, aka Holy Spirit.  (I will provide that Matthew 25-The Parable of the 10 Virgins as a reference of the oil being the Holy Spirit)
      Revelation 16:15 is a good indicator that Jesus is coming to get us at the very end.  We will be caught up in the twinkling of the eye while judgment is being poured out on the wicked.

I have more…but this will have to do for now…. I welcome your thoughts!  But I just have one thing more to say. I still love all my brothers and sisters in Christ who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture.  If Christ does come to get us before, then HALLELUJAH!!! PRAISE GOD!!!  BUT IF NOT, WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST.  SO THAT WE WILL BE A TESTIMONY UNTO JESUS!