• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The pre-Tribulationists that I know are wise. They have their lamps trimmed and they carry extra oil. Declaring anyone who adheres to whichever end-times scenario there is cannot be condemned or warned if they have Jesus. So, this OP is not "worthy".

Roman 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Believers are not threatened. Therefore: Warn the lost!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

The falling way is to come FIRST.

Yes, you are correct, it has already happened to a great degree.

John Shorey, one whom I consider to be an end-times teacher from the Lord recently has said that

the absence of a pre-trib rapture will be the undoing of many pre-tribulationists.

So, more falling away!

He, and several others on Christian internet radio, have agreed that:

Those who are close to the Lord and who stand firm because they are really

trusting in Him will be miraculously protected during these coming perilous times!

He is more than able to do this.

And this fits in with the passage below about the end of unbelievers and cowards.  WOW!

Rev 21:7-8

“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 

BUT, the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral,

sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake

which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

And people actually preach to me that "overcoming" just means to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

No, we have to overcome like Jesus overcame ... see Rev 3:21.

Edited by Osterloh

The pre-Tribulationists that I know are wise. They have their lamps trimmed and they carry extra oil. Declaring anyone who adheres to whichever end-times scenario there is cannot be condemned or warned if they have Jesus. So, this OP is not "worthy".

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Greetings from one originally from TO.

Unfortunately, you just do not quite understand what it means to be "in Christ", etc.

And the proof is ... Do all BACs walk according to the Spirit?

Sorry, but many walk according to the flesh (thinking they are saved).

I believe we should start another thread about this.

Edited by Osterloh

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Greetings from one originally from TO.

Unfortunately, you just do not quite understand what it means to be "in Christ", etc.

And the proof is ... Do all BACs walk according to the Spirit?

Sorry, but many walk according to the flesh (thinking they are saved).

I know what it means to be in Christ. Even those who do not, yet are saved by grace through their faith in Jesus, and walk with Christ falteringly, do not miss out on the Rapture. Whether believers all have that same level of confidence in Him matters not in the end, for we will all be caught up with Him when He calls His precious Bride. Salvation is in Christ and not in our behaviour---many Christians are weak and young, spiritually, but the Father knows who are His.

The Shepherd knows His sheep and calls them by name.

I know what it means to be in Christ.

Even those who do not, yet are saved by grace through their faith in Jesus, and walk with Christ falteringly, do not miss out on the Rapture. Whether believers all have that same level of confidence in Him matters not in the end, for we will all be caught up with Him when He calls His precious Bride. Salvation is in Christ and not in our behavior---many Christians are weak and young, spiritually, but the Father knows who are His.

The Shepherd knows His sheep and calls them by name.

Yes, congratulations, this is the traditional feel-good message taught in the Laodicean churches today!

It places NO obligation on the believer to put away sin, and etc. ... because it is a feel-good message.

Think I said that already.

Edited by Osterloh

Matt 5:29-30, Matt 18:8-9, Mark 9:43-48 • “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it 

from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body

to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is

more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.”

Matt 10:22, Mark 13:13 And you will be hated (re: end-times persecution) by all for My name’s sake.

But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 19:16-17, Mark 10:17-21, Luke 10:25-28 • “… what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?

… if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Matt 25:45-46 • “… inasmuch as you did not do it (good works/deeds) to one of the least of these, you did

not do it to Me. And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Luke 9:23-25 • “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, 

and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake

will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?

John 3:16-36 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes

in Him should not perish but have everlasting life He who believes in the Son has everlasting life;

and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 5:24 • “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me

has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish”

John 12:25 • “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.”

Rom 2:5-11 “God, who will render to each one according to his deeds: eternal life to those who by

patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who

are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,

Rom 6:16-23 • “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death, 
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness … For the wages of sin is death …”

Rom 8:3-7 • “He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled

in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according

to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit,

the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”

Rom 8:13-14 • “For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death

the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Rom 10:9-10 • “… that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart

that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes

unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

1 Cor 15:1-2 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you,

which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved,

if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.”

2 Cor 7:8-10 • “For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it … that your sorrow led

to repentance … For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted …”

Gal 6:7-8 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows,

that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption,

but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

1 Tim 4:16 • “Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them,

for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.”

1 Tim 6:9-19 The greedy and the rich (in the church) are warned to stop, and to lay hold on eternal life!

Heb 6:4-6 • “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift,

and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers

of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again

for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.”

James 1:12-15 • “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.”

1 Pet 1:5-9 “… you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith

… though it is tested by fire, may be found to (be worthy of) praise

… receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.”

2 Pet 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge

of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome,

the latter end is worse for them than the beginning (which was eternal death).

Jude 1:20-21 • “But you, beloved … keep yourselves in the love of God,

looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”

1 John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer,

and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.”

Rev 2:10-11 • “Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested

Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear

what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”

Rev 21:7-8 • “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and

all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Loss? -no.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Lots of reward opportunities in that list, though!

Loss? -no.

Lots of reward opportunities in that list, though!

Did thou readest them?

Did thou notest there was nothing said about rewards in any of them?

Edited by Osterloh

Nothing threatens my salvation.

John 3:16 (NLT)

For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 (NLT)

I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

Hebrews 6:18-20 (NLT)

So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

John 10:28-29 (NLT)

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

1 Peter 1:3-5 (NLT)

The Hope of Eternal Life

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.