rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I dont think the rapture will occure on those feast days i doubt he would make it that easy to predict him appearing out of nowhere and snatching his bride. I do have reason to suspect a biblical event will happen on them though

Hi fire-heart,

You lead me to believe that it is easy to know the day and hour. So come on out with it then, and tell us when you think it will be. :brightidea:

Paul said, But of the times and seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write to you, for yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

When they start talking peace and safety, then we know that destruction will come on them as a woman in travail (birth pains), now think abomination of desolation (Matt. 24:15). But we are not in darkness that that day should over take us as a thief. This is why Christ gave us the signs, for when we see them we will know that it is near, even right at the door. He did not give us the signs so we won't know, but rather He wants us to know when the time is near.

But we still will not know the day and hour, even when we know we are in the season (year). No one will know the day or hour, no one. It is un-knowable. But we should not think that we are in the same darkness as unbelievers. The signs and seasons are for us, the children of light, and we are not appointed to wrath.

Cheers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I dont think the rapture will occure on those feast days i doubt he would make it that easy to predict him appearing out of nowhere and snatching his bride. I do have reason to suspect a biblical event will happen on them though

Hi fire-heart,

You lead me to believe that it is easy to know the day and hour. So come on out with it then, and tell us when you think it will be. :brightidea:

Paul said, But of the times and seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write to you, for yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

When they start talking peace and safety, then we know that destruction will come on them as a woman in travail (birth pains), now think abomination of desolation (Matt. 24:15). But we are not in darkness that that day should over take us as a thief. This is why Christ gave us the signs, for when we see them we will know that it is near, even right at the door. He did not give us the signs so we won't know, but rather He wants us to know when the time is near.

But we still will not know the day and hour, even when we know we are in the season (year). No one will know the day or hour, no one. It is un-knowable. But we should not think that we are in the same darkness as unbelievers. The signs and seasons are for us, the children of light, and we are not appointed to wrath.

Cheers

I dont know when it will happen but its not very predictable at all. Jesus said he will come like a theif in the night and in all my rapture dreams I was taken out of nowhere suddenly and without without warning. in one of them I was just going for a walk [ i go on walks a lot] When in a split second I was taken to heaven.

Its possible it may not happen this year but the signs indicate he is coming very soon. The blood moon tetrads are a huge indication that he is going to take us very soon. I also do not believe the rapture is the second coming as he does not come to us we go to him.

Hi fire-heart,

Cheers

I dont know when it will happen but its not very predictable at all. Jesus said he will come like a theif in the night and in all my rapture dreams I was taken out of nowhere suddenly and without without warning. in one of them I was just going for a walk [ i go on walks a lot] When in a split second I was taken to heaven.

Its possible it may not happen this year but the signs indicate he is coming very soon. The blood moon tetrads are a huge indication that he is going to take us very soon.

Hi fire-heart,

Agreed, nothing will be predictable until after the feast of trumpets, which no man knows the day or hour.

It is the Day of the Lord that will come like a thief in the night. When you read that He will come like a thief, He is referring to the Day of the Lord's wrath. This is not the rapture or the sign of the Son of man. It will occur ten days after on the Day of Atonement, when He returns to destroy those nations that come against Jerusalem. This is where He will separate the sheep and goats, whereas the goats will be destroyed and the sheep will be the survivors from the nations who will enter into the millennium in mortal bodies and be ruled over by Christ and His saints.

I also do not believe the rapture is the second coming as he does not come to us we go to him.

I partially agree here. I do not believe the rapture is the second coming to the earth either. However, in the rapture, He will meet us halfway, where we will meet Him in the clouds and in the air.

Cheers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

RollinThunder Jesus said all these signs would take place before the great and terrible day of the Lord He mention in mathew 24 but notice how he said how two ppl would be working in the field how one will be taken another left. he said when he comes back it will be like the days of noah how ppl will be drinking laughing and partying when t he son of man comes. Now one could easily see his coming as his second coming except for one major thing- his second coming involves him ending the tribulation and beginning the 1000 year ruling on earth but in mathew 24 he mentions how ppl would be drinking marrying and partying when he suddenly appears.

this does not sound like the tribulation at all- the tribulation is going to be the most horrific event ever to hit the earth so I highly doubt ppl will be drinking marrying and partying and he mentions at least three times in mathew 24 how he will come suddenly out of nowhere.

So its a bit confusing but mathew 24 speaks of him coming to take us and the day of the Lord as two seperate events. The prophecies in the old testament like ezekiel or Jeremiah speak in great detail of the day of the Lord and in none of them do they ever speak of how he will pour his wrath on Gods faithful ones but speaks plenty of how angry he is on the arrogent prideful and evil ppl and speaks plenty on him pouring his wrath on them so this must mean something must have happened to the faithful one as they arent mentioned

RollinThunder Jesus said all these signs would take place before the great and terrible day of the Lord He mention in mathew 24 but notice how he said how two ppl would be working in the field how one will be taken another left. he said when he comes back it will be like the days of noah how ppl will be drinking laughing and partying when t he son of man comes. Now one could easily see his coming as his second coming except for one major thing- his second coming involves him ending the tribulation and beginning the 1000 year ruling on earth but in mathew 24 he mentions how ppl would be drinking marrying and partying when he suddenly appears.

this does not sound like the tribulation at all- the tribulation is going to be the most horrific event ever to hit the earth so I highly doubt ppl will be drinking marrying and partying and he mentions at least three times in mathew 24 how he will come suddenly out of nowhere.

In Matt. 24 Christ mentions the great tribulation, but He did not say much about what it would be like. Instead He was focused on answering His disciples question about the sign of His coming, and of the end of the age (Matt. 24:3). After telling them about the sign of the Son of man, that is when He mentions about sending the angels to gather His elect. Many debate who the elect are, some say it's Israel, others say it the Church. Christ never told us plainly who the elect are, however, He gave several parables instead that contain many clues about who the elect are. Most people stop at the end of chapter 24, but that is only half of His answer. He continues all the way through chapter 25, adding the parable of ten virgins and the parable of talents, which also provide clues for who His elect are.  Don't take every detail literally, for they are only parables, but they contain a wealth of clues.

Then finally, He concludes His answer about the sign of the end of the age, when He will gather all nations for judgment (sheep and goats - Matt.25:31-46). He will kill the goats, so this is the Day of the Lord, Armageddon, and the second coming.

So its a bit confusing but mathew 24 speaks of him coming to take us and the day of the Lord as two seperate events. The prophecies in the old testament like ezekiel or Jeremiah speak in great detail of the day of the Lord and in none of them do they ever speak of how he will pour his wrath on Gods faithful ones but speaks plenty of how angry he is on the arrogent prideful and evil ppl and speaks plenty on him pouring his wrath on them so this must mean something must have happened to the faithful one as they arent mentioned

It only gets confusing when they teach that Matt. 24 is the second coming, but that's only reading half of Christ' answer. The Day of the Lord is not in Matt. 24. It's at the end of chapter 25:31-46. According to scripture, Christ can not return and judge the nations first, because He must first judge the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17-18). So all of the parables you see before the sheep and goat judgment of the nations, they are about gathering the elect (judging/rewarding) His servants.

1 Peter 4:17-18

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”

Revelation 22:12

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

Revelation 11:18

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. (goats/Armageddon)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,175
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi rollinTHUNDER,

I agree with a lot you have said concerning the feasts. I have just a short summary here of what I believe.

THE FEASTS

The 7 Feasts given to Israel are a complete prophetic overview of God`s dealings & purposes. Each one presents Christ in His person & work.

(1. Feast of Passover - Christ is Redeemer. 2. Feast of Fruit Fruits - Christ is Resurrection & Life. 3. Feasts of Weeks (Pentecost) - Christ is Regenerator.)

The fulfilment of these three was necessary for the establishment of the Body of Christ while the next three require the fulfilment for Christ`s Rulership through Israel in the Millennium Kingdom.

(4. Feast of Trumpets. 5. The Day of Atonement. 6. Feast of Tabernacles)      (7. Sabbath feast)

These Feasts were rehearsals of God`s appointed times that Christ would fulfil.

The Feast of Trumpets - was a rehearsal for the time when Israel would humble themselves as a nation & repent from their National rebellion against God. This would lead them into the Day of Atonement.

The Day of Atonement - This is the time when Christ would come & give `atonement` & cleansing for the nation of Israel - the land, the people & the holy place.  God told Moses of this event -

`He will avenge the blood of His servants, & He will render vengeance on His adversaries, He will ATONE for HIS LAND & HIS PEOPLE.`  (Deut. 32: 43)

And Daniel was told by God the time of this event -

`Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people & your holy city, to finish the transgression, to seal up sin, to make ATONEMENT for iniquity (Israel`s national rebellion)......` (Dan. 9: 24)

The enactment of this Atonement was when the High Priest would take the censor filled with fire & incense into the Holy of Holies with the blood from the sacrificial altar & sprinkle it before the mercy seat on the ark, seeking the Lord for Israel National forgiveness.  (Lev. 16: 12 - 17       17: 11)

Thus we see Christ represented in angelic form, standing at the golden altar with the golden censor.  (Rev. 8: 3) The Day of Atonement  is about to begin but first Israel needs to seek repentance. Thus the 7 Trumpets - complete & final call to Israel`s repentance - goes out through out the tribulation.  (Rev. 8: 6 ff)

Finally the Lord Himself, the great High Priest & King of Kings comes forth in Power & great glory to deliver & cleanse Israel - its people, its land & its Holy Place. (Rev. 19: 11) He also brings judgment upon His enemies. The great Day of Atonement has arrived & the feast of Tabernacles can soon begin. The time of rejoicing throughout the Millennium for God will `dwell/Tabernacle` with His people.  (Zech. 14: 16 ff)

Hi rollinTHUNDER,

I agree with a lot you have said concerning the feasts. I have just a short summary here of what I believe.

THE FEASTS

The 7 Feasts given to Israel are a complete prophetic overview of God`s dealings & purposes. Each one presents Christ in His person & work.

(1. Feast of Passover - Christ is Redeemer. 2. Feast of Fruit Fruits - Christ is Resurrection & Life. 3. Feasts of Weeks (Pentecost) - Christ is Regenerator.)

The fulfilment of these three was necessary for the establishment of the Body of Christ while the next three require the fulfilment for Christ`s Rulership through Israel in the Millennium Kingdom.

(4. Feast of Trumpets. 5. The Day of Atonement. 6. Feast of Tabernacles)      (7. Sabbath feast)

These Feasts were rehearsals of God`s appointed times that Christ would fulfil.

The Feast of Trumpets - was a rehearsal for the time when Israel would humble themselves as a nation & repent from their National rebellion against God. This would lead them into the Day of Atonement.

The Day of Atonement - This is the time when Christ would come & give `atonement` & cleansing for the nation of Israel - the land, the people & the holy place.  God told Moses of this event -

`He will avenge the blood of His servants, & He will render vengeance on His adversaries, He will ATONE for HIS LAND & HIS PEOPLE.`  (Deut. 32: 43)

And Daniel was told by God the time of this event -

`Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people & your holy city, to finish the transgression, to seal up sin, to make ATONEMENT for iniquity (Israel`s national rebellion)......` (Dan. 9: 24)

The enactment of this Atonement was when the High Priest would take the censor filled with fire & incense into the Holy of Holies with the blood from the sacrificial altar & sprinkle it before the mercy seat on the ark, seeking the Lord for Israel National forgiveness.  (Lev. 16: 12 - 17       17: 11)

Thus we see Christ represented in angelic form, standing at the golden altar with the golden censor.  (Rev. 8: 3) The Day of Atonement  is about to begin but first Israel needs to seek repentance. Thus the 7 Trumpets - complete & final call to Israel`s repentance - goes out through out the tribulation.  (Rev. 8: 6 ff)

Finally the Lord Himself, the great High Priest & King of Kings comes forth in Power & great glory to deliver & cleanse Israel - its people, its land & its Holy Place. (Rev. 19: 11) He also brings judgment upon His enemies. The great Day of Atonement has arrived & the feast of Tabernacles can soon begin. The time of rejoicing throughout the Millennium for God will `dwell/Tabernacle` with His people.  (Zech. 14: 16 ff)

Hi Marilyn,

Good information, but you forgot one.  I guess we caught the teacher in a rare moment of weakness. :grin: 

Spring Feasts

Passover

Unleavened bread

First fruits

Pentecost (weeks)

Fall Feasts

Trumpets

Day of Atonement

Tabernacles

But I still give you an A- for great effort. :mgcheerful: Thanks for sharing your thoughts, even though you did not share any of your beliefs or how you think these feasts will be fulfilled.

Cheers

Anyone else want to take the challenge to see how your theory lines up with the fall feasts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,175
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Oh you are too too kind rollinTHUNDER, :mgcheerful:

The `Feast of unleavened bread,` I tend to put with the Passover. But you are so right & keep us on track. Great discussion bro. :thumbsup:

Oh just read the next part of your reply, (I must admit I so skim read & obviously I miss some. (Whoops)

So you didn`t get my beliefs on how these fall feasts will be fulfilled.

1. I said the first 3 were necessary for the establishment of the Body of Christ,  (pre-trib)

2. while the next 3 require the fulfilment for Christ`s Rulership through Israel in the Millennium Kingdom. (trib -> Mill)

Hope that is clearer.

Oh you are too too kind rollinTHUNDER, :mgcheerful:

The `Feast of unleavened bread,` I tend to put with the Passover. But you are so right & keep us on track. Great discussion bro. :thumbsup:

Oh just read the next part of your reply, (I must admit I so skim read & obviously I miss some. (Whoops)

Don't feel bad, Marilyn. I just edited my scenario and it was a mess.

So you didn`t get my beliefs on how these fall feasts will be fulfilled.

1. I said the first 3 were necessary for the establishment of the Body of Christ,  (pre-trib)

2. while the next 3 require the fulfilment for Christ`s Rulership through Israel in the Millennium Kingdom. (trib -> Mill)

Hope that is clearer.

Not at all and I still don't get it. Pre-trib is usually used by those who think the rapture will occur before Daniel's 70th week. What you have here I would call pre-church.

I think I get #2, but this makes me wonder if you even believe in the rapture at all. I know that there are some that don't. Do you have a position on this? Thanks

Cheers