IGNORED

Is there a book or a guide for backsliders

Guest yujii_sakyo

Guest yujii_sakyo

Hello, This is Peter Lim. I just a nice topic, Reconciliation for backsliders. I just got back on the track after years of hiding behind the job excuse for not going to church. God is still on the mercy throne when i need him most. When i ponder why i backsliden, how long it has been, and etc... , one question pop out of my mind. Why there is no help or books on backsliding. Not i want to cause a stir or start something, rather i want pop out a question that i want to know the answer. In no means i doubt the Bible, just want answers. Plus what can be done beside prayers and counselling.

Guest Thomas I believe
Hello, This is Peter Lim. I just a nice topic, Reconciliation for backsliders. I just got back on the track after years of hiding behind the job excuse for not going to church. God is still on the mercy throne when i need him most. When i ponder why i backsliden, how long it has been, and etc... , one question pop out of my mind. Why there is no help or books on backsliding. Not i want to cause a stir or start something, rather i want pop out a question that i want to know the answer. In no means i doubt the Bible, just want answers. Plus what can be done beside prayers and counselling.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All the answers you seek are in God, God reveals these through His Holy Spirit and the Bible(the word of God) (Jesus). Thats the only place you will find what you seek... Father and Son and Holy Ghost..................

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

When i ponder why i backsliden, how long it has been, and etc... , one question pop out of my mind. Why there is no help or books on backsliding.

Greetings Yujii,

There are many great stories in the Bible of characters who have backslid. King David comes to mind immediately. Coveting another's wife, adultery, murder and yet we find that he was a man after God's own heart. Amazing story of God's wonderful mercy and grace.

Nebuchadnezer is another one who God humbled and then brought up from the dust.

Jonah is another story you may want to read.

Aaron, Miriam and even Moses had at times been in rebellion. Read about God's mercy and grace.

You see, there are many helps and guidance right before you - IN GOD'S HOLY WORD.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Any book in the bible is good.

Ephesians 4:19

The Bible is the only book which is necessary for living.

But backsliding is a result of time spent away from the Father. You can read the Bible and pray all as part of a daily ritual and still backslide...but I'd start there anyway. There are much worse rituals you could fall into :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Hi Peter,

I agree that the Bible is the single best resource out there for Christians, backsliders and non-Christians!

It doesn't have to be the ONLY book you ever read though. God gave people talent for writing. There are many good books out there that are helpful and full of insight.

I don't know of any specific books for backsliders, although I'm sure there are some. Here are some books that I recommend though. I believe they would be of help to you - or anyone. Backsliding usually happens when a Christian doesn't have a close, personal, intimate relationship with the Lord. If we all had that, we would never be tempted to walk away from God.

"The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

This book can help show you your purpose on the earth and why God created you.

"The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence.

This book was written over 300 years ago and is about brother Lawrence's desire to remain in the presence of God daily. It's a small, fascinating book. HIGHLY recommend this one!

"Humility" by Andrew Murray

"The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer

"Keys to the Deeper Life" by A.W. Tozer

Most importantly though, Jim, is to talk to God daily. He already knows how you feel, so be honest with Him. And remember, repentance is NOT about beating yourself up and punishing yourself. That nullifies what Jesus did on the cross. Repentance is a change of heart and attitude. It's Godly sorrow for your sins and a turning away from them and turning to God's ways.

In His Service,

Keith

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Peter, all the book you need is the word of God. It has all the answers you will ever look for. I'm sure there are books out there that deal with backsliding but God's word is the first and last word. Don't look any further then the Bible.

Edited by Rustyangel

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Rusty,

I agree with you that the Bible is a complete source all by itself. But to discount the reading of any other books at all is to ignore gifts that God imparted to some of His children to be writers.

Are you saying that after the Bible, nobody should ever write another word about God or the Christian life? That all the Christian books that have been written for hundreds of years are wrong and/or useless?

Yes, people must be careful and use discernment when they choose what/whom to read, but there ARE good books out there written by very Godly men and women that I'm sure please God.

Looking at your statement that all we need is the Word of God, leaves me to wonder which version of the Bible should everyone read? Who should decide which version we should all read? All are somewhat different and subject to human interpretation of their translations. Isn't that the same thing you are concerned about when it comes to reading other books besides the Bible? Other people's personal interpretations of the Word? It can be said for the different versions of the Bible.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful.

In His Service,

Keith

Edited by Keith

Guest yujii_sakyo

Hi again, this is Peter Lim aka Yujii Sakyo. Even though the response to my posting was little, but i am quite amazed at the reply. I also appreciate those who reply to my posting. You all surely take your time to post these replies. They are all great guys. Really. These replies makes me want to read them continually when i have the sudden urge of rebellion. These replies also makes me want to post another topic soon, after i have thought of one. Well, here is my show of gratitude; :whistling:

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu / Thank you very much