Cog

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus spoke in parables to conceal mysteries from some people. Angels gave understandings of mysteries to some people, with explicit instructions to tell no one. And it is my belief that, still to this day, God reveals mysteries to those who seek.

I understand God's, and angels', rights, abilities of discernment, and concerns to keep mysteries concealed, but what about everyone else?

That is:

What right have we to share revealed knowledge of God?

How do we know who to share understandings with? (considering Matthew 7:6 and the actions of God and angels)

Do we even have the right to explain parables, much less the more hidden understandings?

Thoughts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We all as co-heirs with Christ have been given the mysteries of the Kingdom---not just some of us.

Matthew 13:11(NLT)

He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not.

Luke 8:10 (NLT)

He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables to teach the others so that the Scriptures might be fulfilled:

‘When they look, they won’t really see.

When they hear, they won’t understand.’

We not only have the right to declare them---we have the obligation to do so, so that those who live in darkness will come into the light of Christ. Wisdom that the Lord gives us prompts us concerning when and to whom we are to be quiet, and when and to whom we must open our mouths.

Hello Floatingaxe

To me, the difficulty of my above questions arise from my heart, as I cannot see anyone a dog or swine or anyone who should be denied a clear message. I see everyone as innocent because they do not know better.

Luke 23:34

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Yet still, God conceals his wisdom, and has commanded not to cast pearls, and if we follow his behavior, it seems that we should not go around being a blabber mouth, but then where are the swine? I do not see them.

Further, what I have come to know, I do not see others speaking about clearly, but there has to be others who understand God as I do, thus they must be concealing what they know.

And so I am torn. I want to help everyone, but not if it makes me disobedient. And then again, I can't just do nothing because I will be spat out, if I do, but then I think to myself again...

Surely Peter, and others, knew how to properly convey the Trinity, what the keys to heaven are, what the church actually is, and other mysteries, but they did not, and so they must be concealing what they know.

I can see how it all demands faith, and I surely know the importance of faith, but I can't understand this concealing when I cannot see that anyone would be evil if they understood Father.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God's wisdom is not elusive to His children, but abundant---nor are the mysteries of His kingdom. It is for us to convey the gospel message and to teach the truth of the word as revealed to us by God. As for the mention of swine, these people are those who are at variance with the truth and are not receptive to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are instructed to watch out for these types who are completely rebellious and averse to God, that we don't become worn out or even hurt by such people. Jesus Himself told His disciples to walk away, brush the dust off their feet and leave the towns where the message of truth is spurned.

Mark 6:11 (NLT)

But if any place refuses to welcome you or listen to you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate.”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Cog The deep and hidden secrets of God are hidden for a good reason. the bible for instance hold vast power and secrets that are only revealed to those whose hearts are full of love and desire God more than air because if god gave these to aperson who would misuse it that would be throwing away great treasures. believe it or not there are many who would not hesitate to use such things for their own selfish gain they could care less about serving God and have no fear of him.

this is the meaning of not throwing our pearls before swine. but if we know the hidden deep secrets of God its all the more reason to share it because it may change someones life and even if a cold selfish heart heard it they would not be able to understand as it would be hidden from them thus Jesus said though hearing they would not hear and though seeing they would not see

....What right have we to share revealed knowledge of God....

:thumbsup:

By What Right? 

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Do We Have To Hide? 

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

The Revealed Knowledge Of God?

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

Thanks all.

fire-heart, you are probably right. I didn't consider the dangers, as I do not seek that sort of thing (not saying you do). I mean, it did not even occur to me.

FresnoJoe, you pretty much nailed what I was asking about speaking what you have been told. Not only are we told it is okay to tell others but we are pretty much commanded to.

Oh one more thing though, and this I guess is speculative: Why did the apostles not speak more about the mysteries? The reason I ask is because I can see how knowing more about the mysteries would really help people understand this life, and through that, it would help bring them closer to God...

Here's where my thinking comes from: After I was given some understandings I happened upon a video about Kabbalah, and it shocked me. I had no idea that Jews had understandings of Father as I recieved them. Not only that, but their understanding is very close to what was given to me, byway of reading the Bible and praying to understand. My point being, I think because they do not accept Jesus that their understanding is lacking and misunderstood, and if they understood Jesus they might reconcile with Christianity easier because they already understand Father, fairly well, in my opinion. Again, it was shocking because it was as if I learned the principles of the Kabbalah by praying for understanding of the New Testiment. And therein lies my question: why don't people speak of deeper understandings (not the dangerous ones) of God as given to them. If only they did.

Edited by Cog

Cog there is something you must understand,The mysteries and secrets of God are actually in front of our eyes. The apostles did in fact teach these things in fact thats all they taught, those teaching of love patience how to live a holy life wisdom praising God in the worst of times knowing who Christ is who we are to him what we have for us at the end of the road and understanding the true value of Grace- these are the deep and secret mysteries of God. If you want to know the secrets of God you have to be looking for the true secrets,god gave us the secrets in his word.

Colossians 4:3-6

1 Timothy 3:9

I am not saying that they did not know, nor am I saying they did not speak about them at all - what I am saying is that when they actually did speak of them, they usually concealed them. See my first sentence in my post to see my usage of "conceal".

My original question is basically: what can we say and who can we say it to? And it has been answered to a degree.

And yes the answers are all around us but they have been concealed. I think that if Adam and Eve could have seen clearly, they would have never turned away to look at the tree which promised easy understanding. And I know it is for faith, and faith is its own lesson, yet still: and though I do enjoy this sort of quest I am on, maybe it could be a little easier if everyone spoke the same "language"? And yeah, I get it, all these different languages are the same "language": faith. Still though - its hard when it is concealed.

Colossians 4:3-6

1 Timothy 3:9

I am not saying that they did not know, nor am I saying they did not speak about them at all - what I am saying is that when they actually did speak of them, they usually concealed them. See my first sentence in my post to see my usage of "conceal".

My original question is basically: what can we say and who can we say it to? And it has been answered to a degree.

And yes the answers are all around us but they have been concealed. I think that if Adam and Eve could have seen clearly, they would have never turned away to look at the tree which promised easy understanding. And I know it is for faith, and faith is its own lesson, yet still: and though I do enjoy this sort of quest I am on, maybe it could be a little easier if everyone spoke the same "language"? And yeah, I get it, all these different languages are the same "language": faith. Still though - its hard when it is concealed.

yes it is concealed for many reasons one of which I spoke of about the dangers of a selfisg gain kind of person but in this world things are not just handed to you and in the kingdom of God you must work to gain as well. God knew the Good hard work does nd thats probably one of the reasons he concealed these things.