• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Even if it is found to be a fake finding, it's still true--- " Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself " (1 Corinthians 6:19)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

it is a piece of satire ( clue might be in  W.I.T). there is no 'linguist'  working at the Bob Jones University with the name of Matthew Boulder either. It is a hoax.  :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

if you read some of the other things on this site, you will find it's posting things that are outrageously not true.   They also say in another story that Racism is caused by a genetic defect, that racists are missing chromosome 23.    That is what decides what sex we are among other things.

You don't reproduce with things like that totally missing.   They also say that Pizza Hut is going to use the drone delivery from Amazon to deliver pizza to the space station......    and if they join Amazon Prime, it will be free shipping.

This story is the figment of someone's imagination......   but a really good imagination.....   but nowhere close to reality.

btw did you know that WIT says that 95% of all homosexuals are Catholic...     Guess that makes me unusual for all that I know don't believe in God at all.....     maybe they are closet Catholics????   LoL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I think we need to watch for things like this as a warning and as a reminder that we must be very familiar with our scripture. To me, the phrase I copied and pasted below sounds nothing like the God of the Bible.  It has the ring of words I've read from Muhammed or the Dahli Lama (spelling?). 

"Hello my children.This is Yahweh,the One True Lord.

You have found creations secret,Now share it peacefully

with the world."

I agree ( but I am still disappointed - and slightly embarrassed to have been taken in) :blush2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I agree ( but I am still disappointed - and slightly embarrassed to have been taken in) :blush2:

it happens to the best of us....   Usually with me I let it slip because I really want it to be true..... 

:thumbsup:

No Such Thing As Junk DNA

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

You've probably heard of a molecule called DNA, otherwise known as "The Blueprint Of Life". Molecular biologists have been examining and mapping the DNA for a few decades now. But as they've looked more closely at the DNA, they've been getting increasingly bothered by one inconvenient little fact - the fact that 97% of the DNA is junk, and it has no known use or function! But, an usual collaboration between molecular biologists, cryptoanalysists (people who break secret codes), linguists (people who study languages) and physicists, has found strange hints of a hidden language in this so- called "junk DNA" http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2001/04/04/133634.htm

Just More Evolutionary Junk Science

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Only about 3% of the DNA actually codes for amino acids, which in turn make proteins, and eventually, little babies. The remaining 97% of the DNA is, according to conventional wisdom, not gems, but junk.

The molecular biologists call this junk DNA, introns. Introns are like enormous commercial breaks or advertisements that interrupt the real program - except in the DNA, they take up 97% of the broadcast time. Introns are so important, that Richard Roberts and Phillip Sharp, who did much of the early work on introns back in 1977, won a Nobel Prize for their work in 1993. But even today, we still don't know what introns are really for.

Simon Shepherd, who lectures in cryptography and computer security at the University of Bradford in the United Kingdom, took an approach, that was based on his line of work. He looked on the junk DNA, as just another secret code to be broken. He analysed it, and he now reckons that one probable function of introns, is that they are some sort of error correction code - to fix up the occasional mistakes that happen as the DNA replicates itself. But even if he's right, introns could have lots of other uses. http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2001/04/04/133634.htm

IMO

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Legit sources have also fallen prey to those who create and spread urban legends or conspiracy stories. There have also been instances when legit sources themselves will knowingly create false stories, simply to improve viewer ratings. In the first post, there is scripture used in the article as proof that what the author of the article said was true. Compare that to when satan was tempting Jesus, he used scripture to his own advantage.

People want all kinds of physical proofs through science of God's existence because in that way it is by their standards and reasoning and puts them in charge of deciding if God is real or not, instead of what God has said about himself. The author of this article has used his/her own standard of reasoning instead of what the bible says about how we know God is present. This scripture written on dna is nonsense and foolishness, because the bible says we come to see and know God by faith. God will not except any other way to him. No matter how brilliant the thought.

1 Corinthians 2 : 13

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

I take your point giggling - but I do not entirely agree with the idea that looking for evidence of God in science is  necessarily a bad thing. The writer of the first article is using satire - there is no genuine attempt to find God in that instance. Likewise, the second article is not, as I see it, interested in proving the existence of a creator but,in trying to make sense of what seems like 'junk' DNA,that they think they see some sort of orderly language in there. From MY point of view, as a believer,  everything good in creation has God's finger-print on it, and finding these 'finger-prints', whether they are to do with the harmonies in maths or music or physics,the golden mean ratio, fibonacci  sequence - none of which I properly understand, but glimpse an order and design to them which intrigues and excites me - the way the whole of  creation weaves and binds together and relates in its dependence and cooperation ( until WE mess it up) -anything perfect and complete that shows you that there is a Master Designer behind it all.... I rejoice in such evidences, not because I doubt there is a God, or need physical proofs, but simply because it gladdens my heart to see the work of His fingers in the world around me. 

It tells us in Romans 1:20  For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things made, both His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.
Rom 1:21  Because knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful. But they became vain in their reasonings, and their undiscerning heart was darkened.

I understand that to mean that the evidence of the invisible is discerned through the visible - and seeing these things should lead men to glorify the Creator - but the foolish and undiscerning do not. The evidence is there for the unbelieving, but they choose not to  see. If a seeking person were to see the evidence of a Creator down their microscope, or through their maths, or by studying biology, surely it would be a good thing, and maybe instrumental in turning them toward  faith.  There are many famous scientists who 'found God', I like to think that for some, it was because of their work rather than in spite of it....