Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boywonder123

new to here,am I going to hell? scrupulosity/OCD

19 posts in this topic

I would really appreciate if you read my story and helped me out please guys,I'm new to this.

Basically 2 years ago I got OCD,it started of with me obsessing about a fear,literally 24/7 and from then that's when a life with OCD started.my illness drove me to god and I got saved back then.but since then I've always doubted my salvation,which is another obsession j guess,which falls under scrupulosity which is Scrupulosity is a psychological disorder characterized by pathological guilt about moral or religious issues. It is personally distressing, objectively dysfunctional, and often accompanied by significant impairment in social functioning.[1] It is typically conceptualized as a moral or religious form of obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[2] although this categorization is empirically disputable."

I fear hell as well,have dreams about it and also anxiety attacks..even dreams.I'm so worried.

The worst part about scrupulosity/ OCD is that it's created an image in my head of god,when I something good or bad,my anxiety relieves or increases, depending on whether I've done good or bad,this makes it real hard because I can't think of god in ny head without these thoughts,its horrible.but I'm always fixed on Christ.

I'm just wondering,if I can't picture god properly in my mind,will god send me to hell? Even though I'm trying to think of him? Also when I think of things,let's say in the garden of Eden,god was walking..I just imagine big feet or something,which obviously probably isnt god.sometimes when I try to think of god when I'm praying I get images of the sky? Etc..does god not allow those prayers? Does he discount them,even though I'm trying to get to him,I mean now I just fix my mind on Christ.will god send me to hell? For picturing him wrongly,I don't think I can help it tbh.but I know god doesn't look like that in my mind? I'm confused..but I know gods not the author of confusing!

I'm saved,but also having OCD its hard to even tell when JTS the holy spirit,when I start to look at a women wrongfully I feel bad,I know that's the holy spirit.but my OCD makes it worse,adding me guilt feelings etc.

Every time I'm trying to talk to people about Christianity I get this god image in my head,that he's happy with me or unhappy with me,which is horrible.

I follow the god of Israel,the god of the bible.when I get judged and god asked me "why would I let you in" I'd say "because of that guy.. You're son!"

Also I have a bit of a religious side which I repent for,this side of me is abit reliant on my works,when I know works won't ever get me to heaven.OCD is making me even doubt that.

Its torture.

Continue to take your meds and read your bible and pray. I will pray for you also. God loves you through your weaknesses and will give you strength and peace of mind. Blessings and welcome to Worthy.

Hi,thanks for the reply.I just always feel like god treats me different, even though that's contrary from the bible.

if you accepted Jesus as your saviour and you walk on his path, that's all you need because you're set

God loves you. He is not going to send you to Hell because you picture him wrongly or because you have attacks of guilt about things you have done. You have an illness that is causing these problems, that's all. You're a believer so you're fine.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13

Hi boywonder123 What Courage You have. From this short letter even i feel Love for You.. Can You magine how much Our Heavenly Father Loves You.. i cant begin to imagine.   What you feel deep down inside that bit of You that wants to be forgiven. That is All  God sees He doesnt see all the rest. Have You accepted Jesus as your Personal Saviour?

Hi boywonder123 What Courage You have. From this short letter even i feel Love for You.. Can You magine how much Our Heavenly Father Loves You.. i cant begin to imagine. What you feel deep down inside that bit of You that wants to be forgiven. That is All God sees He doesnt see all the rest. Have You accepted Jesus as your Personal Saviour?

Thanks for the reply! Yes I have 2 years ago,I'm just paranoid I'm going to hell lol

What do you find is most helpful for you? Do you get Comfort from talking about it?

Edited by countingsheep

Welcome~!

~

:thumbsup:

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

Praying~!

You are safe Jesus will look after you I will Pray that you feel better keep up your Medication and or Counciling and talk to us any time

Praise Jesus