• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

One light,

I always thought there were two of these battles. One just before second coming and one at end of millennium reign of Christ when satan is loosed on earth again for one last hurrah.

As to why they are BOTH called Gog and Magog, beats me.

If Gog is the antichrist, I know he won't be there (I do not believe antichrist is satan).

Magog is an area in present day Turkey.

It seems to me in the Rev 20 passage Gog and Magog mean something different, like the four corners of the earth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gog and Magog is an expression used to include the limits of heathen territory and or status of existence.

Gog means high mountain. Magog is associated with the clan of Tubal who was the ruler of sea merchants in ancient times, and the term refers to the seas or sea.

A mountain in prophecy is a centralized or controlled population, like a kingdom or power, and the seas represent the nations, peoples populations in general.

The organised people under rule and the unorganized masses.

Onelight already showed that these are bought to view at the end of the millennium. 

The expressions in Ezekiel refer to the then known extent of the heathen cultures and kingdoms surrounding Israel. And the manner which God deals with them is the manner which He will deal with those in the time after the millennium.

Hence Revelation borrows from these images.

Armageddon is another issue before or at the time of the return of Christ involving the entire world except the faithful.

The time after the millennium also only involves all the world except the saved.

Gog and Magog in Rev do not represent regional skirmishes and ideologies, nor individuals whether leaders or followers, but the whole scene of the unsaved, who yet again attempt to conquer the New Jerusalem. 

Good stuff Paradox. Thanks for the read.

PS I'm loving this fellowship with my mates down under.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

A good read Paradox.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Kool

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

One light,

I always thought there were two of these battles. One just before second coming and one at end of millennium reign of Christ when satan is loosed on earth again for one last hurrah.

As to why they are BOTH called Gog and Magog, beats me.

If Gog is the antichrist, I know he won't be there (I do not believe antichrist is satan).

Magog is an area in present day Turkey.

It seems to me in the Rev 20 passage Gog and Magog mean something different, like the four corners of the earth.

I believe Gog represents the North. (one of the 4 corners of earth). Just like there were many wars in the bible involving Egypt, many involving the Philistines, so we have two wars involving the   North.  (Russia/Turkey)   The fact that this region is only mentioned in two wars when other regions are mentioned many times involving many war is because they are a little further away from Israel than Egypt/Babylon/Philistines etc.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Spock,

Here are my thoughts on the 2 wars, which I believe are at either end of the Tribulation.

The two Wars ............ Ez. 38 & 39. Russian Federation.........................................Rev. 16: 14. World War. (Armageddon -> Valley of Jehoshaphat)

Who initiates................God brings Rosh etc to Israel`s Mountains...........................God brings all the nations to valley of Jehoshaphat. (Joel 3: 2)

Hi Marilyn,

Referring to your post 9 where you say Joel 2 is not Armageddon, you clearly do relate Joel 3 to Armageddon as per the above quote from an earlier post of yours.

Looking at Joel 2 and Joel 3 I would assume most readers would associate them together:

Joel 2:  And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Joel 3:  For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

The Joel 3 gathering of all the nations (that you already associate with Armageddon) occurs in the days and in that time of Joel 2

Also Joel 2 is described as "the day of the Lord", normally a phrase that relates to the second coming.

I believe the dramatic language, the size of the Northern army, and the restoration of Israel, and the fact that the Joel 3 judgment occurs at the time of the Joel 2 war according to the wording, all point to the Joel 2 attack being a day of the Lord/second coming event.

And of course Ezekiel 39 and Joel 2 tie up so well, both with the northern army attack, the repentance of Israel, and the restoration of Israel, so although we can all read anything into biblical prophecy, I feel its more obvious that the Northern army Ezekiel war is Armageddon which is associated with the northern army Joel war.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread so here goes.

As of today I believe they are DIFFERENT wars. I believe the Gog War will commence before the 70th week of Daniel. I believe the Armageddon War to be at the end of Daniels 70th week.

I do see similarities, most especially the fact that God is the reason for the victory and not man, but unless I can see more irrefutable evidence, that isn't enough for me to change my thoughts.

I open this thread to see if either I can be persuaded to believe otherwise, or to confirm what I presently believe.

Thanks to all who get involved in a Christ honoring discussion here

Spock out

All one need do is read to the end of the Ezekiel 38 & 39 chapters, in toto, for events are given that will ONLY occur with Christ's second coming. It's easy really.

But if one needs more, how difficult is it to see that nation alignment of Ezekiel 38 only lacks Turkey's joining today?

That Ezekiel prophecy of their defeat also aligns with the "supper of the great God" in Revelation with the fowls and beasts being told to come feast. But one of the strongest clues is the gathering of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) back to the holy lands, which in Ezekiel's day was separated from the "house of Judah". As a matter of fact, the previous Ezekiel 37 chapter was all about that. And with the Ezekiel 40 chapter we're shown the Millennium temple and Christ's future reign. So from Ezekiel 38 & 39 are simply parenthetical chapters in between the day of Christ's coming and the Millennium. Our Heavenly Father is showing us there how Satan's host on earth will be defeated just prior to Christ's thousand years reign.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Where do people get Russia out of Ezekiel?

Rosh?????

Rosh has almost exclusively meant "chief" or "head" (not the name of a place)

However, maybe someone had an agenda for this line of thinking. (Russia =bad guys in Ezekiel)

Look at this if interested.

http://www.prophezine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93:mystery-of-rosh&catid=42&Itemid=118

Hi Spock, I believe I mentioned this in some other thread that Rosh did not necessarily mean Russia and that is just an assumption that people have made. However, I wasn't aware that it meant 'chief' or 'head' so thanks for that snippet of info.

Kool

Way koooool.