• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Argosy,

I am always willing, I pray, to learn from those who know aspects of scripture that I am not familiar with. However to do with Israel`s chastisement I see in Daniel 9 v. 24 -

`Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people & your holy city to finish the transgression......` (national rebellion)

Israel had been promised that they would be the rulers of the nations. This has not happened (as yet) & Israel has not received `the blessing & solution to Daniel`s distress,`  as you said. Rather the people of  Israel have had a most difficult  & distressing history as we can all see.

this is true. But I believe the distress occurred outside of the 70 sevens. These 490 years leading up to the full blessing of Israel, concern the restoration of Jerusalem, the rebuilding of its walls, and the coming of the anointed one. God's promise to send the anointed one was fulfilled. I definitely see major aspects of blessing there in the 490 years. I'm sure you recognise that the period within the "gap" is the real distress of Israel, their rejection of Christ, their exile, and their troubles in exile.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The 70 Sevens begins with the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem.  (Dan 9:25)  This is well into the Babylonian captivity.  See Ezra (build the Temple) and Nehemiah (build the Walls).

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The 70 Sevens begins with the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem.  (Dan 9:25)  This is well into the Babylonian captivity.  See Ezra (build the Temple) and Nehemiah (build the Walls).

In Christ

Montana Marv

The events of the final "one week" (last seven) of Dan.8, 9, 11, & 12 have still yet to be fulfilled today. And that prophecy includes the cleansing of the sanctuary by Christ after the tribulation events. So I don't know why some here are trying to make a little detour away from that final period for the very end of this world, but it won't fit the prophecies in Daniel, nor in Christ's Olivet Discourse, nor His Revelation.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I'm still waiting and wanting to read all thoughts from those people who believe Ezekiel 38 war is one and the same with Armageddon, rev 16.

I still have my doubts but I have an open mind if anyone wants to play.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Why would Israel bury the dead for 7 months and burn the weapons of war for seven years during the Mill.  Their focus will be on Christ their new Messiah, not on burying the dead.   BTW, who will be paying their wage (they will be gainfully employed to cleanse the land).

Two separate wars at least 7 years apart..  Armageddon occurs in the Valley of Megiddo, Jezreel;  The Ezk 38, 39 war on the mountains of Israel.  You will fall in the open field.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Why would Israel bury the dead for 7 months and burn the weapons of war for seven years during the Mill. Their focus will be on Christ their new Messiah, not on burying the dead. BTW, who will be paying their wage (they will be gainfully employed to cleanse the land).

Two separate wars at least 7 years apart.. Armageddon occurs in the Valley of Megiddo, Jezreel; The Ezk 38, 39 war on the mountains of Israel. You will fall in the open field.

In Christ

Montana Marv

EXCELLENT distinction Marv.

8After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate.

You reminded us that Armageddon's battle is in a VALLEY, while Ezekiel's battle is on MOUNTAINS.

This is powerful. This now gives me three differences between these wars:

1. Purpose

2. Location

3. Peace/safety

Marv, if this interpretation is correct, then the Ezekiel War may just be the NEXT event seekers should be looking for as a sign of his soon return. This would put this war before Daniels 70th week and more than likely would be the event to jump start the rise of the antichrist and the covenant granting peace to Israel. Who would argue with that after seeing this? Of course, this too results in Temple being built.

Wow, very interesting.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The way to know the Gog/Magog battle is Armageddon on the day of the Lord is easy per these events below:

Ezek.39:6-7

And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

So will I make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let them pollute My holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.

What fire is that? It will be God's consuming fire that will end this present world (end of Hebrews 12; 2 Pet.3:10, etc.). Like other's have said, how is it in that time all... peoples on earth will know The God of Israel? especially since the Antichrist during the tribulation is the only 'god' the majority of the world will know and trust in? This has to be for the ending of the tribulation, not prior, not during.

Ezek.39:17-20

17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.

That is a direct reference to the events of Rev.19:17-18, the "supper of the great God" the fowls are called for.

Ezek.39:23-27

23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against Me, therefore hid I My face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid My face from them.

25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;

26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

That is about God gathering the lost "house of Israel", not the Jews who know who they are, but the lost ten tribes of Israel. That captivity of Jacob is about both houses of Israel being gathered back to the holy lands by God, and it only happens at Christ's coming on the day of the Lord, which is when Armageddon happens also. Ezekiel 37 covered that subject only a couple of chapters back, how quickly some forget.

Why would Israel bury the dead for 7 months and burn the weapons of war for seven years during the Mill.  Their focus will be on Christ their new Messiah, not on burying the dead.   BTW, who will be paying their wage (they will be gainfully employed to cleanse the land).

Two separate wars at least 7 years apart..  Armageddon occurs in the Valley of Megiddo, Jezreel;  The Ezk 38, 39 war on the mountains of Israel.  You will fall in the open field.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Remember all the saved are resurrected at the second coming. Even if you believe in a split resurrection, Rev 20 and Daniel 12:1-2 describe a resurrection of the righteous at the beginning of the millenium, and so all the saved will receive resurrection bodies. The mortals who do not rule and reign with Christ will carry on as usual. I see no reason why these mortals will spend all their time worshipping, they were not saved , and they still have to earn a living. Read Ezekiel 40-48 to see a few categories of employment, the hard-working priests, Levites who are guards (ch 44), flocks and pasture lands in Israel (ch 45), kitchens for cooking (ch 46) and the net fisherman of Ezekiel 47, and the farmers/city workers of Ezekiel 48:18-19.

Knowing that there is such physical work and activity during the millenium, and knowing that there will be many dead bodies in Israel after Armageddon, I see no principle in place that would put doubt on an actual physical  clean-up operation after the Armageddon war.

Why would Israel bury the dead for 7 months and burn the weapons of war for seven years during the Mill. Their focus will be on Christ their new Messiah, not on burying the dead. BTW, who will be paying their wage (they will be gainfully employed to cleanse the land).

Two separate wars at least 7 years apart.. Armageddon occurs in the Valley of Megiddo, Jezreel; The Ezk 38, 39 war on the mountains of Israel. You will fall in the open field.

In Christ

Montana Marv

EXCELLENT distinction Marv.

8After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate.

You reminded us that Armageddon's battle is in a VALLEY, while Ezekiel's battle is on MOUNTAINS.

This is powerful. This now gives me three differences between these wars:

1. Purpose

2. Location

3. Peace/safety

Marv, if this interpretation is correct, then the Ezekiel War may just be the NEXT event seekers should be looking for as a sign of his soon return. This would put this war before Daniels 70th week and more than likely would be the event to jump start the rise of the antichrist and the covenant granting peace to Israel. Who would argue with that after seeing this? Of course, this too results in Temple being built.

Wow, very interesting.

Thoughts?

1) Purpose:   this is a good point, but in most wars there are multiple motivations.  There is the old moral reason, and the current greed.  Thus the west will invade the Middle East to prevent WMD, reduce terrorism, and intervene on behalf of locals. But at the same time they conclude massive oil deals, and these are probably planned before hand.   eg Oil interests in northern Iraq and Libya. So each time there is a war, its often with moral motives/religious as the open reason, and additional motives of greed.  

When Argentina invaded the Falklands, they had historical land disputes, and yet the motives were confused with current oil/gas discoveries.  Rather than argue each point here, hopefully you recognise that most wars have more than one driving motivation.

2) Location:   Joel describes the Northern Army as stretching from the Dead Sea to the Mediterranean.: I will drive the northern horde far from you,

pushing it into a parched and barren land; its eastern ranks will drown in the Dead Sea  and its western ranks in the Mediterranean Sea.

This final Joel army (Armageddon) is spread right across the valley of Megiddo with its front columns beyond that in the mountains of Israel where Jerusalem is. It is at this point, just before the destruction of Jerusalem when Jesus intervenes. The army is not exclusively in the mountains of Israel , neither is it exclusively in the valley of Megiddo. It is too huge to be confined to one area of Israel.

3) Peace/safety - answered earlier.  This is the period of the 42 months of the rule of the beast (Rev 13) . I just don't see wars during the rule of the beast over all peoples. Israel falls under the control of the beast, because Daniel 11 says the antichrist does control the beautiful land. 

Even Zechariah 14 describes Armageddon as related to plunder, and occurring in Jerusalem (in the mountains of Israel, not in the valley of Megiddo). So the war of Ezekiel 38/39 is a good match with Zechariah 14 regarding motives and location of this war.  Knowing that Zechariah 14 and Armageddon occur at the same time, we can only conclude that the war is in more than one location, and more than one motive:

Zechariah 14  A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

And so the motive and location of the Ezekiel war is consistent with other  "second coming" scriptures in the bible.