• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Christian Forums,

The question on my mind has been bothering me for a while now. It puts me into a very confused and angry state anytime I try thinking about it. I would appreciate as many replies and thoughts on this as possible.

MY QUESTION:
How was I born into this crooked and corrupt life apart from my creator? Whenever I ask myself this question I am directed to Romans 5:12. This verse takes me to the story of the first two  humans in existence. I realize their stupidity, but why should their decision affect me in any way? Was I consulted before they picked a fruit off a tree? Was I secretly involved in their defiance and disobedience? How in the world am I supposed to accept the punishment for a decision that was not mine to make? How did you and I get tangled up in this mess to begin with?

From what I understand, God originally planned humanity to be perfect and to live with him in harmony forever. How was the life God destined for me and you altered because of a careless decision someone else made? Romans 3:23 says because one man sinned we all fall short of the glory of God. When Satan/Luficer/The Devil sinned did all angels fall short of the glory of God as well? That isn't the case. So why is it humans are the only part of creation that this weird concept seems to apply to? Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

So why is it I'm sitting here now, in this incomplete state, where I have to reconcile with my creator before the end of my life or else I will be in eternal damnation? Why couldn't I live the blissful and worry-free life God intended for me to have? 

Thanks,
Alex

It's not just Adam and Eve's fault, humanity has deprived itself from many great things and we've been born to a chaotic world thanks to that. God never intended for us to live the life that we have and that's one of the consequences from free will, every decision comes with a price, good or bad. 

That is why we have Jesus as that mediator that can bring us back to the Father as it was meant to, because humanity cannot do it by itself.

Hope this answers your question or some of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29

I don't think anyone has been able to answer this part yet:

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

Good question Alex:  I don't think anyone will be condemn because of the sins of Adam/Eve.  If someone is to be condemned, it will be a result of their own sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Alex, have you ever sinned?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did?

But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

I did in a previous post but I think Kensie said it quite succinctly already

Adam and Eve's sins aren't what keep you from God. Because Adam and Eve ate the fruit, humanity is enlightened to make a decision: sin, or obedience to God. The weight of Adam and Eve's transgressions don't fall on you; you weren't born guilty, you were born with sinful tendencies due to your knowledge of good versus evil. Because of them, you have the knowledge to choose a way to exist. So, their decision hasn't stained you-- their decision has given you the potential choice to stain yourself or to deliberately choose fellowship with God.

I think the proof of this is in what the apostle Paul said:

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned

Not the sins of Adam, which changed the nature of man and gave us propensity toward sin, but our own sins condemn us and cause us to fall short and miss the mark. Angels as well - it was and is a matter of choice.

In Christ, Pat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Hi Alex........you may have disappointments from being in here asking these questions, but a the very least, you have not gone off stomping mad never to return.  That is a good thing in itself.  You may not get the exact answer that you are seeking though.  Have continued patience, and possibly re-read some of the answers, grab a point here and there and perhaps it will combine to a better understanding.

The believers that attempted to answer did so because they have Faith.  Don't let your decision on whether or not to accept Christianity hinge on the kind of question that you presented.  To us it is minor, but worth the time.

Also, you know who really got a bad deal out of the garden event?  Well you and I are not women, so I can see how this has not come up in here.  Childbirth was not supposed to be painful.  Look what they go through now because of sin.  I was with my wife during the birth of our daughter.  I whispered that I would never put her through that again.  We had 2 more!  Her love for me never questioned the pain.  God's love is even greater than that.  His ways are not our ways, but His is best.     GBU  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

Hello Alex :-)

This is how i understand it:

God made us PERFECT, ETERNAL but with a FREE WILL (because He didn't want us to be like robots he gave us free will). He gave Adam & Eve the choice of wether to obey Him or not (just like He gave it to us) . If it would have been you in the place of Adam and Eve maybe you would have taken that fruit also just like now you choose to do some things that God tells us not to do. We have the option to say no to sin and we still say yes (the same thing that Adam and Eve did). We don't pay for their sins, we pay for our sins. Because we where meant to be eternal you either go to Hell which is eternal or you go to the Kingdom of God which is eternal but YOU choose.

I understand why you ask yourself that question because when i first started believing in God I always used to ask myself this also until one very important day that I remember as if it was yesterday, I said THAT IS IT, i'm not going to question God anymore simply because HE IS GOD. I know you really want to know but if you truly want to know the truth then don't get stuck on these type of questions, I know in the future once you get to actually know God & His promise to us you will understand everything. These questions will only bring doubt.

Be still & know that HE IS GOD.

Blessings, Leidy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels. The angels that followed satan in rebellion will be judged and sent to the lake of fire with him.

The good angels will continue to minister to believers and to God.

You will be held accountable for your own selfish pride and your own decision to not follow Christ, not for adam's rebellion. You are making excuses. What is the real reason you refuse to follow Christ? Perhaps you love the darkness because you love your evil deeds so you hate the light of Jesus which will expose them?

Read John 3:16 to the end of the chapter. God loves you so much He sent His only Son to die for those evil deeds and give you eternal life with Him.

Those who follow Christ will have their sins blotted out but will have their good works judged as to whether they are done in the Spirit. Those that are done in the flesh with selfish motives or are done grudgingly will probably be burned. All rewards given will be cast at the feet of Jesus, because any good thing accomplished is by God's grace and power and not ourselves.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

I didn't see this question till tonight.  I just looked at your first post.  This is definitely an outside the box question.  I have never thought about it, but I think it is a good question. 

First of all, only 1/3 of the angels rebelled with Lucifer, and they all were punished.  The other 2/3 of the angels remain loyal to God.  There are  differences between men and angels.  It appears that the entire host of angels were created at one time, where man was created by himself, and the first woman came from man's rib.  To increase in number, we have to have children, whereas angels don't pro-create, at least in their natural state.  Lucifer wasn't married, and didn't father little angels.  On the other hand, we can all trace our roots back to Adam.  That is where inherited sin comes from, through the bloodline.  That is one reason why the virgin birth was so critical.  Jesus had no direct relationship to Adam.  His Father is God.  That is why he is the only man that could have been a perfect, and sinless sacrifice on the cross. 

And again, if you are honest, you know you haven't been perfect and sinless.  Gabriel didn't sin.  Michael didn't sin.  Why would they be punished?  Why get upset about original sin, if you yourself are not sinless?

I think this is a good answer Butero. Angels don't procreate hence they do not inherit proclivities from other angels. We do inherit proclivities from our parents, all the way back to Adam - the fall is in our flesh then but our spiritual rebirth is in the Lord Jesus Christ by the Spirit of God who is presently transforming our mind.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

In Christ, Pat

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We got tangled up in this mess when Adam and Eve sinned because that's when God knew that mankind was going to sin. You (we) inherited sin from those first two humans and their sinful actions. It's not that YOU an an individual are being punished because of Adam and Eve's actions, it's that YOU sin now that you are created, just as I do and every other human.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The punishment for sin is for the sins you commit. Not one person is without sin. The Lord, knowing people would sin, provided a way for their sins to be paid for. Get to know Jesus. He is your escape from punishment for sin.

But why is it I have to work towards a relationship with God in the first place? Why is it broken? 

try to understand that were born into sin. all because of the mistake adam made. yes I know we did nothing wrong, but we are adam and eves descendants.