• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is quite common for the unsaved to blame God for the choice we made of sin!

Sin is repeatedly taught to have devastating consequences in our lives and that

is exactly what God did not want for us by the original prohibition put forth by

God...

Gen 2:17

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it:

for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

KJV

Try to show Him God wanted us as morally responsible to the image we were created

to return Love back to Him by obedience... it is the true relational aspect of

the new heart created by belief in Jesus unto good works! Love, Steven

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1981

Praying!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

keep serving. your example may inspire him

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Nothing beats being a good example.  Also, in heaven, no one is married.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Hi BeeThere! :)

I thought to put these few Scripture verses out there with some comment.

1Pe 3:1-4

(1)  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

(2)  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

(3)  Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

(4)  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

In keeping in subjection and loving God first, be in *subjection to your husband in hopes of leading him to Christ by your godly conversation.

If he does not obey God or His Word and is not yet a Christian, he may be won over to Christ by the Truth you speak and the life you live for

God looks on the heart, man the outside.

Do not look to be shabby, but at the same time don't bother with a lot of fancy makeup, jewelry or clothing.

Let you beauty be shown from the inside, where God Himself lives in the Christian. Honestly living in a gentle, quiet spirit. This in the sight of God is of great value.

And of course, pray!*Subjection is misconstrued at times, God does not expect one to put up with physical abuse with a spouse as a handful have taught.[i

And while, thank God, your husband is not that way, I still felt should be mentioned.

Praying :)

Verse 2 of 1 peter 3 the word conversation has changed in meaning to conduct. Manner of life. So that he may be won without a word.

The first time I heard this passage I said, "Me, gentle and quiet? You've got to be kidding! But God had to change me before he could change my husband. He had to teach me obedience to God's voice to quit talking when He told me to by taking my peace from me.

I had to learn to keep my mouth shut, believing I had to get out of the way of God working in his life. He changed my attitudes so I was able to accept the changes--- a new creation in my hubby.

So I prayed day and night, through tears, trusting that wherever he ran or turned he would run into God.

And so it happened. Every person where he worked was replaced by a Christian. His boss's pastor would drop in and visit with him. So he took an outside wholesale sales position and was out of town several day a week. He found that many of his clients were Christians who would witness to him. He came home one day shaking his head claiming that he was out numbered. It still took a couple of years before he went off by himself and asked God to help him and come into his life.

Yes it is hard to go alone. But my heart was always at church on Sunday mornings whether I was there or not. He was no longer preventing me from attending as much as in the first years of our marriage. Finally, because he had always found fault with the churches I attended, I asked him to choose one and I would go with him. We attended his boss' church for 6 months till he was saved. After he was saved he took me back to the church God had led me to. But it was 11 hard years before he was saved. Now he is my prayer partner.

Hubby thought in terms of numbers. We have several believers on our forum who are math inclined---engineers, scientists in math and physics and so on. I have known others who were geneticists in research fields. It is hard for some of them them to overcome relying on their own logic rather than relying on the Living God. For some it remains a struggle. It is a death to self. Your husband has the advantage of knowing some Scripture. Pray that it gets from his head into his heart and that God would contine to soften his heart, open his eyes and his ears.

God is in the soul winning business. We just have to not be a hinderance, get out of His way and trust that he is working.

Praying. God is faithful.

Willa