IGNORED

What does the Bible say about using bad language?

gigman7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Who gets to decide what is and is not bad language.

God, Who sees our hearts.  For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

and just how does he relate the individual words to the world and who does he give them to.......

My favorite happens to be an acronym in the shipping industry......     Ship High in Transit.....         is used for marking packages of processed cow manure so it won't get damp and gas  off blowing up the boat during the trip.

So who decided this was such a very bad word.  there seems to be any other number of words that mean the same thing that are OK to use.

I think that Paul said that he counted his education as dung in comparison to knowing Christ. Other versions use refuse. Why that word is better I really don't understand, because things like this can vary in various countries and within regions of the same country. I guess we should try not to offend others, but there are times--such as when I stepped in a large pile of fresh dog feces with my bare foot-- that oh dung and oh feces do not pop into my mind or out of my mouth. Fortunately the one that I most likely blurt out is oh fiddle sticks. That was what grandma Willamina would say, and grandpa was an old time fiddler who owned fiddle sticks. Now days we have to be so careful not to offend anyone and be politicaly correct that I sometimes just don't care.....we are bound to offend someone at sometime. So I would just ask the Lord to help us to not offend others with our language and to cleanse our hearts. "Create in me a clean heart, Oh Lord, and put a right spirit within me."

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I can't even begin to understand why as Christians we would want to use such language.  We are too represent Christ.  I don't recall Jesus swearing and cursing.  You have a lot of good answers here.  May I suggest you follow what Jesus would speak and maybe try and stop making excuses for the use of such language.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I can't even begin to understand why as Christians we would want to use such language.  We are too represent Christ.  I don't recall Jesus swearing and cursing.  You have a lot of good answers here.  May I suggest you follow what Jesus would speak and maybe try and stop making excuses for the use of such language.

Very well put!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm just trying to get to the root of who decides what is acceptable and who is not......   it certainly isn't the Bible for I've done word searches on many of those words......   I find it very disturbing to allow society to dictate what is sinful and what isn't......    you should take care on the subject for society is starting to accept some really outrageous things these days.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting concept....     if something comes up and you say "Holy Crap" in my grandmothers house you got her attention and my mothers....    if you say in the same tone and inflection and same circumstance the "S" word which means the exact same thing,,,   you not only got there attention, you got the lye soap to boot....

What I am saying is that we should not call things sinful that are just not socially acceptable.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting concept....     if something comes up and you say "Holy Crap" in my grandmothers house you got her attention and my mothers....    if you say in the same tone and inflection and same circumstance the "S" word which means the exact same thing,,,   you not only got there attention, you got the lye soap to boot....

What I am saying is that we should not call things sinful that are just not socially acceptable.

People make things that aren't a sin into a sin.  Such as this 'bad language'.

I can say bad words while praying and not feel bad.  Chew on that everyone!  

I have always been wary of making things that I dislike into a sin.  I realize that although I have never done marijuana for example, doesn't mean it's a sin.  I never drank alcohol, but I dont despise the idea or think its sinful.  Some things are sin obviously.  Lying for one.  Adding to the word of God for another.  *cough* 

ANyways!

Edited by Wildstar